Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Thinly veiled accusations of racism where none exists? Now that's woke.

I am entitled to call it out where I see it.

Thanks for clarifying my initial suspicions however, it seems like I was being correct... regrettably.

There is a difference between sniggering at woke statements in multimedia and downright criticism at someone being awarded a course at a university. That is all I am pointing out.

At least have the honesty to express how you honestly feel, everyone deserves it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

IAMAMORON wrote: »

Thanks for clarifying my initial suspicions however, it seems like I was being correct... regrettably.

There is a difference between sniggering at woke statements in multimedia and downright criticism at someone being awarded a course at a university. That is all I am pointing out.

At least have the honesty to express how you honestly feel, everyone deserves it.

I get you. But when you look at the whole story from start to finish I still find it a bit Wokey. At least the way RTE and the media promote this guy as a kinda celeb. If they didn't we wouldn't know as much about him as we do. It's kinda like the Woke media promote this guy to see who will react so they can prove something, or they are using him as a poster boy to promote the necessity of the asylum system, like they did with that Muslim family, one of whom ended up with a degree in medicine last year.

You get the feeling from those type of people that they would rather have an asylum system, I mean a need for it at all in the first place than have no necessity for it. Just to show how welcoming and open minded and emphatic they are, angles of human beings, never thinking of themselves in any way, putting the needs of the needy always first. Living saints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Begrudgery personified.

I say fair phucks to him. No one else has any notion of what Buleni McFaco has been through in his life. As it stands he has made a successful application to take part in a PhD which he patently has some first hand experience of. I think it is a win for him and a win for the university. How many asylum seekers are in a position to carry out such a study?

There are lots of wishy washy courses that get orchestrated at PhD level. They exist and it is what academia is about. Universities have budgets - he obviously fits into theirs. The concept that his study is somehow going to be a burden on the Irish taxpayer is complete garbage in the grand scale of things. The argument that his study is futile is a different debate, but begrudging him his future is not fair. He made the application, he gets the course. After that you can kiss his South African ass, it probably deserves it.

Speculating on what he might do when his studies are finished is frankly none of anyone else's business. The system is there, he is entitled to play it as he sees fit. No one is entitled to pass judgement on how he gets on, why does anyone care less, it is his future, his life and his PhD?

To clarify - his application for asylum has not been accepted, so anyone barking up the wrong tree on that matter need to check themselves I think? There is no point speculating on LGTBQ rights in South Africa in the meantime. Somebody somewhere in Irish Emmigration gave him a chance, I don't get what is " woke " about that.

People are entitled to pass judgment on it. It’s a democracy.

It’s a win for him, for sure.

For the university ? Why ? How ?

It’s a loss loss for the Irish taxpayers who might want, qualify and need a place on that course to enable and enact their goals, having contributed via taxes even in a minute way to the running of said university. Which is more than can be said for the ‘successful applicant’.... who is again somebody who despite not having put it, wants to take a lot out... and away from Irish taxpayers..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Biker79

AllForIt wrote: »
    You get the feeling from those type of people that they would rather have an asylum system, I mean a need for it at all in the first place than have no necessity for it. Just to show how welcoming and open-minded and emphatic they are, angles of human beings, never thinking of themselves in any way, putting the needs of the needy always first. Living saints.

Which is all well and good but ignoring the increasingly serious social problems in Ireland, such as urban addictions/ homelessness, traveller issues...along with woke HR departments choosing to interview south Asians and Brazilians to tick some diversity boxes ( at the expense of nationals) ....do they not experience loyalty to their own countrymen and their problems?

That's the very strange thing about woke virtue signalling and immigration. A conspicuous lack of empathy for their own countrymen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭randd1

Cordell wrote: »
    Anyone remembers that time when PhDs actually meant something, when they involved real research and advancements in their academic filed?

They changed it to suit the social "sciences".

You know, those degrees (the vast majority of them obtained by women) that rely on the government to provide jobs for them as they don't really offer anything in the real world, who then complain about lower wages and a patriarchy holding them.

• Advertisement

So which posters specifically, are you calling racist?

At least have the honesty to express how you feel about specific posters. They deserve it.

Strumms wrote: »
    People are entitled to pass judgment on it. It’s a democracy.

It’s a win for him, for sure.

For the university ? Why ? How ?

It’s a loss loss for the Irish taxpayers who might want, qualify and need a place on that course to enable and enact their goals, having contributed via taxes even in a minute way to the running of said university. Which is more than can be said for the ‘successful applicant’.... who is again somebody who despite not having put it, wants to take a lot out... and away from Irish taxpayers..

The university will get the opportunity to work and study directly with a foreign national seeking aslyum here in Ireland. It is a fantastic opportunity to both understand and reconcile with our current system of asylum from an academic viewpoint. I could pontificate further. Genuinely it is a great opportunity for the university to mentor an asylum seeker and to gather an understanding of what happens. There is a benefit in that.

I said it earlier the concept that it is somehow a burden on the Irish Taxpayer is extremely tenuous. That university has x amount of budget to spend on a student at their want and desire, the money is going to get spent somewhere. It is the objection to their selection that I frankly find most disconcerting.

Irish Taxpayers will be paying tax long after his PhD is finished, however the university will have the benefit of examining his thesis.

I get you. But when you look at the whole story from start to finish I still find it a bit Wokey. At least the way RTE and the media promote this guy as a kinda celeb. If they didn't we wouldn't know as much about him as we do. It's kinda like the Woke media promote this guy to see who will react so they can prove something, or they are using him as a poster boy to promote the necessity of the asylum system, like they did with that Muslim family, one of whom ended up with a degree in medicine last year.

You get the feeling from those type of people that they would rather have an asylum system, I mean a need for it at all in the first place than have no necessity for it. Just to show how welcoming and open minded and emphatic they are, angles of human beings, never thinking of themselves in any way, putting the needs of the needy always first. Living saints.

Massively agreed, RTE adoption of the current woke items is excruciating. But that is what needs to be getting called out.

That upstart on the Tommy Tiernan show last week had me seething - piss takers need to called out. But there is a difference that needs to be respected also.

As I alluded to earlier, maybe Mr Mfaco is an imposter? But that is his business and his PhD. Not anyone elses'? Certainly assuming his intentions are insincere is the job of both his new university and Irish immigration. Not marginally racist posters around here griping away at foreign nationals getting a break for a change. I would like to see some of them live in a shed in Butlins for 30 months?

I just realised I have been calling him McFaco there as opposed to Mfaro ... how embarrassing. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,039 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55765516

“The Twitter account of Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has posted what appears to be a call for an attack on Donald Trump in revenge for last year's killing of its top military commander.”

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Biker79 wrote: »
    Begrudging someone a PHD in grievance studies. So much woke there it's hard to measure.

Where's "Emma"? She (her/it/cis etc ) will be able to untangle this one.

Well, now you are just being “uncivil”.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭CarProblem

cdeb wrote: »
    Why do you put so many "words" in inverted "commas"?

I "always" assumed "Emmet" was taking "the piss", because the alternative is............fucking hell :eek:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55765516

“The Twitter account of Iran's Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei has posted what appears to be a call for an attack on Donald Trump in revenge for last year's killing of its top military commander.”
    This time last year, Iran-US tensions led to talk of World War III.

You think a re-opening of that scar is woke?

Bloody heck.

This time last year, Iran-US tensions led to talk of World War III.

You think a re-opening of that scar is woke?

Bloody heck.

Apologies, C. Nothing “woke” about that.

Here’s the story I meant to link:

https://www.thejournal.ie/iran-khamenei-twitter-threat-trump-5332733-Jan2021/

“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED the account of Iran’s Supreme leader after his office posted a photomontage of former US President Donald Trump playing golf under the shadow of a warplane alongside a pledge to avenge a deadly 2020 drone strike he ordered.”

Apologies, C. Nothing “woke” about that.

Here’s the story I meant to link:

https://www.thejournal.ie/iran-khamenei-twitter-threat-trump-5332733-Jan2021/

“TWITTER HAS SUSPENDED the account of Iran’s Supreme leader after his office posted a photomontage of former US President Donald Trump playing golf under the shadow of a warplane alongside a pledge to avenge a deadly 2020 drone strike he ordered.”

I mean - that's the same story...:confused:

I mean - that's the same story...:confused:

Well, the BBC is more about the actual threat that was “posted”. Whereas TheJournal comes at it from the suspending account angle, which is pretty “woke”, right?

Well, the BBC is more about the actual threat that was “posted”. Whereas TheJournal comes at it from the suspending account angle, which is pretty “woke”, right?

No.

I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion tbh

Not "even" remotely.

Not sure how woke it is Spice?

The only thing I garnered peculiar about the tweet is that there was no actual reference to Donald Trump and yet the BBC have implied that there was?

انتقام حتمی است

قاتل سلیمانی و آمر به قتل سلیمانی باید انتقامشان را پس بدهند.
    اگر چه کفش پای سلیمانی هم بر سرِ قاتل او شرف دارد؛ اما بالاخره غلطی کردند، بایستی #انتقام پس بدهند؛ #هم_آمر_هم_قاتل بدانند که در هر زمان ممکن باید انتقامشان را پس بدهند.
    ۱۳۹۹/۰۹/۲۶ pic.twitter.com/i2DYpPSBhw

— KHAMENEI.IR‎ | سایت (@khamenei_site) January 21, 2021

Translation

Vengeance is inevitable

Soleimani's murderer and the commander of Soleimani's murder must return their revenge.
    Although Soleimani's foot shoe is honored #انتقام #هم_آمر_هم_قاتل murderer, they finally made a wrong statement.
    2020/12/16 pic.twitter.com/i2DYpPSBhw

— KHAMENEI. IR‎ | Site (@khamenei_site) January 21, 2021#

I mean Trump is done now, I respect that outragers are going to be stuck with slim pickings for a while, but the BBC inferring that the Iranian Supreme Leader is posting Fatwa's that mightn't exist is slightly more worrying. It looks like the Hawks are sharpening their knives already.

Disturbing state sponsored propaganda maybe, but not sure how woke it is.

Disturbing state sponsored propaganda maybe, but not sure how woke it is.

They suspended his account, I. Isn’t that “woke”, in itself? Censoring free speech. When it happens to Trump it’s all part of a big liberal, leftie, wokie, “agenda”.

What’s sauce for the goose, and all that.

They suspended his account, I. Isn’t that “woke”, in itself? Censoring free speech. When it happens to Trump it’s all part of a big liberal, leftie, wokie, “agenda”.

What’s sauce for the goose, and all that.

You would need to ask the good moderators of Twitter. But certainly I have an objection to people declaring revenge/murder over social media - not good.

As I said the issue for me is more how they got Trump into the Tweet? From the translation above there is no mention of him.

Twitter is garbage anyway, Boards is where all the real speech is.

Watch that space, the Hawks are gagging to get their hands on Iran. They would love a big dirty war there.

• Advertisement

As I said the issue for me is more how they got Trump into the Tweet? From the translation above there is no mention of him.

They attached this picture with the tweet, I.

skynews-ali-khamenei-iran-supreme-leader_5246826.png

Looks a bit like Trump but he may have selected “Power Drive” when he should be putting with “feather touch”.

They attached this picture with the tweet, I.

skynews-ali-khamenei-iran-supreme-leader_5246826.png

Looks a bit like Trump but he may have selected “Power Drive” when he should be putting with “feather touch”.

Looks like John Daly to me?

Highly doctored image anyways. Fancy getting a photo of a golfer with an image not unlike a Game of Thrones dragon doing an impression of a Stealth bomber? Flying over Donald Trump .... nope.

john-daly-us-senior-open-knee-golf-cartjpg.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am really going to have to sit down and learn about this term 'woke-ism'. I have seen it floating around a lot in the past 12 months or so but never really paid much attention.

Seemed to be just angry youngsters which didn't interest me but I am open minded so off swotting for the weekend I go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

Your type often do find things like that "ironic".

People going onto a forum to discuss and lampoon idiots who subscribe to "wokeness" and to vent our frustration at "feelings" mattering ahead of facts, may come across as bitching and moaning to people who expect to be referred to as whatever pronoun they "prefer".

Its not.

What is "ironic" is you accusing others of bitching and moaning.

I am reasonably certain that Emmet is a satire/parody account. A more subtle Paddygreen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

All the President's Men/Women/They/Them...

ingalway wrote: »

"scientists all over the world agree that what we are assigned at birth means nothing?"

Um. Really? The mind boggles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

"scientists all over the world agree that what we are assigned at birth means nothing?"

Um. Really? The mind boggles.

I think the use of ''there four'' instead of therefore says it all really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I think the use of ''there four'' instead of therefore says it all really.
    Terrible spelling/grammar aside the problem is that Biden/Harris are jumping on this bandwagon to bring in the woke brigade.

Terrible spelling/grammar aside the problem is that Biden/Harris are jumping on this bandwagon to bring in the woke brigade.

They have already passed laws to allow women's sports be trashed. etc.
    But what they will find is that they can never do enough. There is no end to the demands of deconstruction.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Definite parody. I had tears of laughter reading that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The university will get the opportunity to work and study directly with a foreign national seeking aslyum here in Ireland. It is a fantastic opportunity to both understand and reconcile with our current system of asylum from an academic viewpoint. I could pontificate further. Genuinely it is a great opportunity for the university to mentor an asylum seeker and to gather an understanding of what happens. There is a benefit in that.

I said it earlier the concept that it is somehow a burden on the Irish Taxpayer is extremely tenuous. That university has x amount of budget to spend on a student at their want and desire, the money is going to get spent somewhere. It is the objection to their selection that I frankly find most disconcerting.

Irish Taxpayers will be paying tax long after his PhD is finished, however the university will have the benefit of examining his thesis.

They wont benefit an inch... the university exists to enable the learning of students.. no other reason. The student has no obligation to do anything.. nor will they be asked.. the student will put in his time and be off to their accomodation... the irish people get fùck all apart from one less place for our citizens and taxpayers ...

I find it disconcerting that somewhere there IS an irish taxpayer that applies for that course... but will not have the opprtunity as we are giving the place to somebody from outside the country. Extremly unfair, extremly unwise, and should be extremly illegal..

Imagine i rocked up to university in xxxx african city. " hi i just arrived... i want you to offer me a place on a degree course in one of your finest universities.. and disable the opportunity for a local student... a tax paying local student.. to avail of the opertunity.. sound fair.... i dont think so.. its not..

Imagine i rocked up to university in xxxx african city. " hi i just arrived... i want you to offer me a place on a degree course in one of your finest universities.. and disable the opportunity for a local student... a tax paying local student.. to avail of the opertunity.. sound fair.... i dont think so.. its not..

Ahh now.. we can't be having that... that's selfish. That's putting the needs of natives ahead of the wants of foreigners. Disgraceful attitude. For Shame! For Shame! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

One thing I particularly like about the Bulelani Mfaco case is that he did his degree and it was only then he remembered about the awful homophobia in his home country.
    Another thing I like is that since finishing his masters he has created a situation which is the only thing which then leads to his role as a spokesman and for the PhD he's been accepted on. I'm going to guess that had he had anything useful to contribute he could have stayed on to do a PhD when his Masters finished with a student visa. But he didn't so he threw his hands up and cried racist.

Finally I also love that the defenders of nonsense have basically admitted that he's gaming the system which is totally fine and shur why wouldn't ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

York University academics see the evil of racism in three wise monkeys.
    From The Times:
    The three wise monkeys have been a cultural trope throughout the world for centuries as a symbol of seeing, hearing and speaking no evil.
    Academics at the University of York have decided that they could be seen as an oppressive racial stereotype, and pulled an image of the animals from their website to avoid offence.

Just so you know, the image for seeing, hearing and speaking no evil emerged in Japan in the 17th century. But academics ..............
    I think that the Shelbourne Hotel statues syndrome is spreading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 475 ✭✭AdrianBalboa

They wont benefit an inch... the university exists to enable the learning of students.. no other reason. The student has no obligation to do anything.. nor will they be asked.. the student will put in his time and be off to their accomodation... the irish people get fùck all apart from one less place for our citizens and taxpayers ...

I find it disconcerting that somewhere there IS an irish taxpayer that applies for that course... but will not have the opprtunity as we are giving the place to somebody from outside the country. Extremly unfair, extremly unwise, and should be extremly illegal..

From what I can read from this post you don’t really know what universities are for and you think that people studying abroad is some sort of PC-gone-mad wokeness. Have you ever heard of exchange students, or the Erasmus programme here in Europe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭AllForIt

From what I can read from this post you don’t really know what universities are for and you think that people studying abroad is some sort of PC-gone-mad wokeness. Have you ever heard of exchange students, or the Erasmus programme here in Europe?

I've never heard of the asylum seeker exchange programme though...

I've never heard of the asylum seeker exchange programme though...

This might shock you to hear but asylum seekers are people too.

This might shock you to hear but asylum seekers are people too.

And your point is?

And your point is?

omg My point is that people travel abroad to study all the time and it’s never suggested that those students are “stealing” a local’s place on the program unless the commentator is a massive bigot omgomg.

It would seem to me to be a bit contradictory that people don’t like unskilled immigrants coming over to Ireland, but nor do they want them to be trained to the highest possible level either. An opposition to Little Irelandry isn’t “woke.”

• Advertisement

omg My point is that people travel abroad to study all the time and it’s never suggested that those students are “stealing” a local’s place on the program unless the commentator is a massive bigot omgomg.

You do like your "oh my god" remarks.

Most foreign students pay for their positions. That's also the case with Erasmus, along with the funding that the EU provides.. as opposed to someone seeking Asylum and having those costs provided for them.

Bear in mind, we're talking about someone seeking a PHD as opposed to a standard degree. Such qualifications are notoriously expensive, and with limited places for students, so the point about stealing a locals place has relevance.

You might not agree.. but it's nothing to do with bigotry.
    It would seem to me to be a bit contradictory that people don’t like unskilled immigrants coming over to Ireland, but nor do they want them to be trained to the highest possible level either. An opposition to Little Irelandry isn’t “woke.”

I've no idea what "little Irelandry" is. In any case, the problem with unskilled immigrants is that Ireland, being a modern nation, the majority of employment requires certain standards. Our unskilled industry is relatively small in comparison to other countries, and it's not growing in scope, so... where will these unskilled migrants be employed? In addition, we already have a population of the unskilled, so such positions will be limited. Without employment beyond the minimum wage, most will require government supplements/welfare to live a decent life.

Basically, the encouragement of unskilled labor immigration creates an underclass of people who need constant help until they can be skilled up to the point where they can compete effectively against others. All of which requires investment. Long-term investment. On a system that is already ill-equipped to deal with such people.

The woke aspect is the belief that we should continue immigration of unskilled people, when we have very little success at improving the lives of the unskilled labor already here. Short term gains in virtue signalling (bringing in more people), for long-term costs (welfare supports, education, etc) with little consideration to the limited return on that investment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

I think some peoples issue is that his asylum seeker application was rejected therefore he should not be availing of resources that could be used by people legally living in Ireland.

The woke part is that the university offered him the placement despite his status being rejected.

I just hope there was no legal citizens with equal credentials refused this position.

^^^ Spot on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭NewMan1982

^^^ Spot on.

I actually think you put it much better than I did.

I am going to write a novel about how I got accepted to the University of Mumbai to do a 2 year Masters and upon completion I applied for refugee status in India because the nasty CEO of Amnesty Ireland said Irish women like me should have media and political representation removed due to holding opinions that were critical of ascientific gender theory, but I was refused refugee status and yet Mumbai University kindly came to my rescue offering me a fully funded chance to do my PhD there on Institutionalised Inhumanity in India which would make me an invaluable future expert on speaking out publicly against endemic Indian cruelty, racism and bigotry. It is going to be a roller coaster tear jerking epic concluding with that ironic and devastating twist at the end.

Gruffalux wrote: »
    I am going to write a novel about how I got accepted to the University of Mumbai to do a 2 year Masters and upon completion I applied for refugee status in India because the nasty CEO of Amnesty Ireland said Irish women like me should have media and political representation removed due to holding opinions that were critical of ascientific gender theory, but I was refused refugee status and yet Mumbai University kindly came to my rescue offering me a fully funded chance to do my PhD there on Institutionalised Inhumanity in India which would make me an invaluable future expert on speaking out publicly against endemic Indian cruelty, racism and bigotry. It is going to be a roller coaster tear jerking epic concluding with that ironic and devastating twist at the end.

Go for it.

Get your inoculations before you go, your body will be subject to a vast range of tropical disease with which you have currently not built up any immunity for. It is very common for people travelling in India to spend the first number of weeks, even months, acclimatising. I would also definitely encourage you to contact all the major universities in Mumbai to see how they could facilitate you in your studies,

I think India is crying out for some western influence again, particularly in the quagmire that is female rights on the Indian continent. If your book got a decent reception you could be looking at a readership of over 850 million people, nice work if you can get it.

I would also not put you off contacting media in Ireland before you go. They could well be interested in documenting your experience and might even consider assisting you with some sort if funding were you open to sharing your experiences with them.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

That is simply cynical. Assuming students are bums is condescending. I studied extremely hard when given the opportunity.

2 things here. First of all an Irish person would have no concept of the rigmaroles of the EU or Irish immigration system. In saying that, it is the prerogative of the Civil Service to undertake such a study. It look like in this instance that both the university and Mr MFaco have stolen a march on them there. Secondly drop the Irish bullshight. Your concept that the PhD is awarded at the expense of an Irish person is evidently discriminatory, for starters.

No one is frankly stopping you. Give it a go, Africa is a vast and rich continent. What would you like to study there and more importantly, what do you think you can offer that country or region once your studies are completed?

Live a little see a lot. Life may not be all that fair, but cranking about someone else availing of an opportunity awarded to them is begrudgery and you should strive to avoid wasting your energy on pettiness and resentment, your life is far too short for that.

Wow, how appalling. I regularly watched his channel, he is crazy about chess and lives it.

Read the last line though -

He appealed the decision and the video was reinstated.

Seemingly the podcast was removed because an algorithm - it makes sense.

I think India is crying out for some western influence again, particularly in the quagmire that is female rights on the Indian continent.

It is odd that you are a proponent of colonialism. Given your other ideas.

Having lived there for 2 years I can assure you Indian women are sassy enough, determined enough and highly intelligent, so they can fight their own battles without the help of a crusading Memsahib.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement