Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,688 ✭✭✭storker

Bambi wrote: »
    What I particularly like is the narrative of trusting "the science" when the development of these vaccines has been so fast tracked that the companies demanded indemnity from government before they would distribute

Sound like a lack of trust in "the science"

Or a fear of the antics of anti-vaxxers trying to blame anything and everything on the vaccine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Invidious

The woke left is all for trusting science when it comes to climate change ... but not when it comes to nuclear power or genetically modified foods. As usual, people pick and choose the positions that best suit their ideology. When those positions are backed by science, trumpet the science. When those positions contradict science, ignore the science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Invidious wrote: »
    The woke left is all for trusting science when it comes to climate change ... but not when it comes to nuclear power or genetically modified foods. As usual, people pick and choose the positions that best suit their ideology. When those positions are backed by science, trumpet the science. When those positions contradict science, ignore the science.

Nail on the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

What I've found frustrating in the last year is the conflation of lack of proof with proof against a particular approach, even when common sense would suggest it would be beneficial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

Both far left and far right show the same distrust in science when it happens to contradict their ideology. Which is hardly surprising considering how much far left and far right actually have in common.

Cordell wrote: »
    Both far left and far right show the same distrust in science when it happens to contradict their ideology. Which is hardly surprising considering how much far left and far right actually have in common.

The difference is that the far left appear to be the dominant strain of leftist at the minute.

Communism is actually considered an tolerable ideology for many.

The difference is that the far left appear to be the dominant strain of leftist at the minute.
    It's very vocal indeed.
    One of the consequences of not having a Nurnberg equivalent for the communists after the fall of the iron curtain.
    Communism is actually considered an tolerable ideology for many.
    Communism is not tolerant, that's the main problem.

To be fair, nothing taken to an extreme is. Which is what the wokies want. The extreme end of governance with them deciding the laws. Even if it's held under a democratic system, if taken to an extreme, the average person will still be just as powerless.

Democracy isn't all the special in itself. What's going to happen? You don't vote that party back in next election. Whooptie do. They'll be back in eventually, and what happens if most political groups have the same viewpoints? You're stuck, especially when alternative political groups are sidelined, and dismissed.

Well, extreme ideologies are extreme :) and people don't realize just how extreme the communism is, otherwise we won't have parties that still display the red star or, even worse, the sickle and hammer.
    Democracy may not be perfect, but it's by far the best we've tried. Just look over the pond, a small insignificant party managed to effect maybe the biggest change UK have seen in the recent history, all through democratic means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,530 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Communism is bollocks, that's the real problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,993 ✭✭✭griffin100

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/breastfeeding-is-now-chestfeeding-brightons-trans-friendly-midwives-are-told-pwlvmcnc7

I’m sure there’s a group of people somewhere having a good laugh at seeing how far they can take this rubbish .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 656 ✭✭✭ingalway

Confronting the failure of miscarriage as a trans man:
    "I would be pregnant at the same time as two friends, one a fellow seahorse dad"
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7axxw/confronting-the-failure-of-miscarriage-as-a-trans-man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

griffin100 wrote: »
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/breastfeeding-is-now-chestfeeding-brightons-trans-friendly-midwives-are-told-pwlvmcnc7

I’m sure there’s a group of people somewhere having a good laugh at seeing how far they can take this rubbish .

I don't get the changing of breast to chest. The breasts are on the chest, and both men and women have them, so why would it be offensive regardless of what sex the person would like to think they are is?

Could only get the top few paragraphs, ain't paying for that!
    ingalway wrote: »
    Confronting the failure of miscarriage as a trans man:
    "I would be pregnant at the same time as two friends, one a fellow seahorse dad"
    https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7axxw/confronting-the-failure-of-miscarriage-as-a-trans-man

Emotions aside, a woman who wants everyone to believe she's a man, but also wants to have a baby the natural womanly way, but still wants to be called a man. And is shocked that all the treatment she went through to become a man is having negative effects on her ability to have a baby. Something about actions and consequences here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Senior Canadian police officer in line to become deputy Garda commissioner

EtzJXnFXAAIQpKh?format=jpg&name=medium
    bvbv
    EtzJX3dXAAcA7MU?format=jpg&name=large
    nbhg
    EtzJYPPXUAIzjyT?format=jpg&name=medium
    gvhb

Ebun Joseph should have got this job the bastards.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/senior-canadian-officer-appointed-deputy-garda-commissioner-1.4480061

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

EtzJXnFXAAIQpKh?format=jpg&name=medium
    bvbv
    EtzJX3dXAAcA7MU?format=jpg&name=large
    nbhg
    EtzJYPPXUAIzjyT?format=jpg&name=medium
    gvhb

Ebun Joseph should have got this job the bastards.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/senior-canadian-officer-appointed-deputy-garda-commissioner-1.4480061
    Oh fck.

Oh I'm glad I quit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It is the first time in the history of the Garda that both deputy commissioner posts have been filled by women.

Minister for Justice Helen McEntee said she was delighted at the appointment of the two women to senior roles she said were “crucial” for the Garda force.

I've no doubt that they were the best candidates for the jobs..

I was thinking more of the "Diversity" training they will be forced to attend. Anyway, as a Garda they wouldn't be allowed to kneel to anyone or anything. Least not while in Uniform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

It is the first time in the history of the Garda that both deputy commissioner posts have been filled by women.

Minister for Justice Helen McEntee said she was delighted at the appointment of the two women to senior roles she said were “crucial” for the Garda force.

I've no doubt that they were the best candidates for the jobs..

if the Nordi guy wants to keep his job he better consider transitioning, it will make him bulletproof

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9240197/Sadiq-Khan-unveils-taskforce-review-capitals-landmarks-ensure-reflect-diversity.html
    Fury over Sadiq Khan's woke statue taskforce: London mayor unveils monuments commission - including social rights activist who defaced a statue of Sir Robert Geffrye and academic who said white supremacy can be traced back to Britain.
    It also includes a campaigner who once confronted the Queen to demand she apologise for historical injustices.

Sadiq Khan's Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm, it sounds like something out of Star Wars.

Maybe they could add Darth Vader to the commission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭46 Long

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9240197/Sadiq-Khan-unveils-taskforce-review-capitals-landmarks-ensure-reflect-diversity.html

Sadiq Khan's Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm, it sounds like something out of Star Wars.

Great to see that Labour really have their finger on the pulse of what voters want. They'll be sure to sweep the red wall next time around with policies like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Do you like yoga?

Americans who practice yoga 'contribute to white supremacy', claims Michigan State University professor

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-yoga-american-white-supremacy-michigan-state-university-shreena-gandhi-racism-professor-a8185206.html

biko wrote: »
    Do you like yoga?

Americans who practice yoga 'contribute to white supremacy', claims Michigan State University professor

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-yoga-american-white-supremacy-michigan-state-university-shreena-gandhi-racism-professor-a8185206.html

This cannot be real.

This cannot be real.
    Real or not, some people will take this nonsense as gospel and will try to follow up on it!

Real or not, some people will take this nonsense as gospel and will try to follow up on it!

Maybe she really hates yoga... I wonder if I can get Irish rap music cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Good auld RTE. They use their "What it says in the Papers" segment to push the current woke agenda. This morning, they highlighted a letter that was sent into the Irish Times by someone who declared that Covid is sexist. They didn't mention anything in the whole segment about the military dictatorship in Myanmar or the carnage in Haiti; no, it was the sexist Covid. And of course, the first thing that they led off with when they started the early news this morning was that Covid restrictions was going to be in place "well" into 2022. And this is our national broadcaster?

Anyway, here are the presenters of RTE's Morning Ireland who probably see themselves as victims of sexism:
    00155af2-531.jpg

:pac:

Do you like yoga?

Brilliant. This has to be the best one yet. :D

What about the millions of Indian tech workers? Are they misappropriating white culture given that computers were invented by white people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A professor of religious studies?
    Studying a made up phenomenon, I'll take what she says with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Khan should be spending more time trying to sort out the soaring knife crime rates in London, and less time on this spurious xrap.

Brilliant. This has to be the best one yet. :D

What about the millions of Indian tech workers? Are they misappropriating white culture given that computers were invented by white people?

You forget, there is no such thing as white culture. We are devoid of culture according to the totally not racist Shreena Gandhi.

• Advertisement

We really should compile a list of things that contribute to white supremecy, so we can avoid them - I'll start, in addition to Maths, meantioned earlier, and yoga (above), there's;

Families
    "How the Nuclear Family Was Forced Upon Black Families"

Being Fit
    "The Normalization of White Male Privilege Through the Guise of an Objective Body"

Having a Culture
    "There is no White Culture"

Being Multiracial (yup, you read that right)
    The Kardashians' Multiracial White Supremecy

Being a Farmer, Being Socially Responsible, Being Heterosexual, and/or Having a Family
    Social Sustainability and the White, Nuclear Family: Constructions of Gender, Race, and Class at a Northwest Farmers' Market

Being an Academic, Being White, Supporting Anti-Racism, Not Accepting Every Single Complaint By a Black Person, No Matter How Outlandish As The Absolute Gospel Truth, Listening To Black People, Not Listening To Black People
    "A Checklist To Determine If You Are Supporting White Supremecy"

Being Comfortable, Not Listening To A Very Specific List of Films And Podcasts
    "12 Ways You Can Eradicate White Supremecy"

Feel free to add any I may have missed.

Edit; Need to add Dairy Products

I can't wait to hear how a virus that can infect anyone is sexist (and no doubt racist, homophobic, etc as well).

Khan should be spending more time trying to sort out the soaring knife crime rates in London, and less time on this spurious xrap.

He's needs something to distract from his total incompetence.

You forget, there is no such thing as white culture. We are devoid of culture according to the totally not racist Shreena Gandhi.

I know ... because Shakespeare, Michelangelo, Beethoven, etc., don't count as culture. Just a bunch of sexists and racists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Sadiq Khan's Commission for Diversity in the Public Realm, it sounds like something out of Star Wars Trek.

The Woke of Khan :pac:

Do you like yoga?

Her academic expertise? The study of Yoga in Popular Culture and Society.

Fck this. I'm going to get in on this grift.

I'm going to go get a PhD. My thesis will be on the study of the Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich in Society. The hypothesis is that because they are primarily made on white bread, it perpetuates White Supremacy. And the fact that they are toasted brown signifies white people accepting cultural appropriation.

Maybe, like Ms Gandhi, I can get 8 books out of this study.

I'm going to go get a PhD. My thesis will be on the study of the Ham and Cheese Toasted Sandwich in Society. The hypothesis is that because they are primarily made on white bread, it perpetuates White Supremacy. And the fact that they are toasted brown signifies white people accepting cultural appropriation.

I remember reading somewhere that cheese, and dairy products in general, are racist. Something about black peoples guts not being designed to digest them or something.

Yup, seems I didn't imagine it......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

What is white culture?

What's even scarier is that she is brainwashing students with this nonsense too. The far left are massively over represented in education and it's a dangerous but effective long term strategy to indoctrinate.

emmalynn19 wrote: »
    What is white culture?

"cultural void of white society"

• Advertisement

I know ... because Shakespeare, Michelangelo, Beethoven, etc., don't count as culture. Just a bunch of sexists and racists.
    None of those people come from the same culture ffs. Half of you loons sound as nutty as the wokies.

None of those people come from the same culture ffs. Half of you loons sound as nutty as the wokies.

But we all share the guilt.

"cultural void of white society"
    Wtf are you on about? White society? Sounds like a ****ing KKK meeting in here.

Wtf are you on about? White society? Sounds like a ****ing KKK meeting in here.

I am quoting the woman we are discussing. I suggest you read the article.

What is white culture?

According to the National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, DC, "elements of White culture include, 'rugged individualism,' the nuclear family, the scientific method, 'rationalism,' the Protestant work ethic, conflict avoidance and the 'written tradition.'"

Mentioned in the link posted above by RandRuns.

So people who work hard, marry and have children together, believe in science, think rationally and avoid conflict are participating in "White culture"? Because the alternatives are so much better?

Never heard of the Age of Enlightenment in Europe?

Never heard of the Age of Enlightenment in Europe?
    What?

Irony being that given her surname, her descendants undoubtedly come from one of the most racist cultures in the world. India still has a despicable caste system.

Perhaps, Ms Gandhi could address that...

No money in it though.

According to the National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, DC, "elements of White culture include, 'rugged individualism,' the nuclear family, the scientific method, 'rationalism,' the Protestant work ethic, conflict avoidance and the 'written tradition.'"

Mentioned in the link posted above by RandRuns.

So people who work hard, marry and have children together, believe in science, think rationally and avoid conflict are participating in "White culture"? Because the alternatives are so much better?
    This sounds like American WASP culture to me. You get that 'white' here refers to the American context, not to you right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

This has got so silly now its almost like we are living in a comedy sketch.

Will it get worse in the next decade or two, or will it just stop and go back the other way?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement