Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wokeism of the day *Revised Mod Note in OP and threadbanned users*

Comments

Facebook screwed up again!
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-56123592
    Facebook has apologised for censuring a Black Country history group after members discussed a traditional local dish.

The group's administrator said she had "sleepless nights" after the account was threatened with deletion.

The social media giant has since accepted the wording it targeted was used in culinary context.

Facebook blamed the ban threat on technical error.

Members of the Pensnett, Brierley Hill and Black Country Now And Then History Group had been discussing minced pork liver and heart wrapped in bacon when the algorithm picked it up.

******s (and the boards stupid filter refuses to accept the word Fággots!) and peas is a traditional dish served in a part of the West Midlands that includes Wolverhampton, West Bromwich and Dudley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭Snickers Man

Interesting article in the New Statesman (no rabid right-wing publication that!!) about gender neutral language .....

Here's the one that made my goggle. In the following case the emphasis is mine.
    ".. rather than ask that “women” present themselves for a smear test, NHS letters and poster campaigns might use gender-neutral language and direct the appeal instead to “individuals with a cervix”, the phrase used by the American Cancer Society. ......

If I'd read in the Daily Mail or Sun that the American Cancer Society now calls women "people with a cervix" I would not have believed it. But as it is written in the New Statesman........

Fact check warning!!

I went on to the Website of the American Cancer Society and I DID see the word woman (but only in the section on mammograms) and couldn't see a reference to "individuals with a cervix" anywhere.

Can't even trust the New Statesman nowadays ....:(

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

This is brilliant... enjoy

https://youtu.be/S5EK_9gD0EI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

iagreebut wrote: »
    This is brilliant... enjoy

https://youtu.be/S5EK_9gD0EI

Yes social media really underlines societal violence. The power of a 'tweet'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Message aside, that's a fight scene to rival most action blockbusters! Reminds me of the church scene in Kingsman. If only we could react that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Fact check warning!!

I went on to the Website of the American Cancer Society and I DID see the word woman (but only in the section on mammograms) and couldn't see a reference to "individuals with a cervix" anywhere.

Can't even trust the New Statesman nowadays ....:(
    Just googled "individuals with a cervix" and found a tweet linking to this

https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.3322/caac.21628

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

statesaver wrote: »
    Madness if it's true.
    More on Russia Today
    https://www.rt.com/usa/516114-coca-cola-race-training/

This is the course
    https://www.linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo

and the author, also know for her books "White Fragility" and "What Does it Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy"

u-https-media3-s-nbcnews-com-j-MSNBC-Components-Video-201809-d-think-oped-whitefragility-180925-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Interesting article in the New Statesman (no rabid right-wing publication that!!) about gender neutral language and how it might be "Exclusionary" to a greater number of people than it is trying to "Include".

The author is a pregnant woman and dealing with maternity services in an era of covid.

Excerpt: "the Brighton and Sussex University Hospitals NHS Trust became the first in the UK to officially adopt gender-inclusive language in its perinatal services. This means avoiding feminine pronouns where applicable, referring to the “birthing person” (formerly known as “mother”), and removing the word “breast”, recommending instead the terms “chest-feeding” and “human milk”.

She continues:
    "No one bothered to ask my husband if he might be the “birthing person” when he showed up at our maternity unit, and rightly so.

After all, the number of people who will benefit from this move is truly tiny: specifically, we are concerned here with trans or non-binary people, who are biologically female, and able to bear a child following any surgical or hormonal interventions undergone as part of sex reassignment, and decide to do so, and care about squabbles over vocabulary. "
    (Italics are as they appear in the original publication)

Here's the one that made my goggle. In the following case the emphasis is mine.
    ".. rather than ask that “women” present themselves for a smear test, NHS letters and poster campaigns might use gender-neutral language and direct the appeal instead to “individuals with a cervix”, the phrase used by the American Cancer Society. This kind of language is feted as “more inclusive”, but the question we should be asking is, inclusive of whom?"

If I'd read in the Daily Mail or Sun that the American Cancer Society now calls women "people with a cervix" I would not have believed it. But as it is written in the New Statesman........

Crazy stuff. Anyone offended by being called a woman, even if they don't want to be one, should have a look at themselves.

PS You can read the entire NS article here although it is behind a partial paywall, for which you will need to register.

If someone is availing of maternity services they MUST be female. It really is that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

biko wrote: »
    More on Russia Today
    https://www.rt.com/usa/516114-coca-cola-race-training/

This is the course
    https://www.linkedin.com/learning/confronting-racism-with-robin-diangelo

and the author, also know for her books "White Fragility" and "What Does it Mean to Be White? Developing White Racial Literacy"

u-https-media3-s-nbcnews-com-j-MSNBC-Components-Video-201809-d-think-oped-whitefragility-180925-1.jpg

https://twitter.com/EQUIPTsmif/status/1362908870092288002?s=20

The replies. No longer wokeism, now it's just racism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

https://twitter.com/EQUIPTsmif/status/1362908870092288002?s=20

The replies. No longer wokeism, now it's just racism

"Whiteness was created to oppress others"

Imagine being the parent of the person who came up with that. Every day must be torture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

[
    She is known to charge up to $40,000 for a half-day talk.

There is always someone peddling some nonsense in the US in the hope of getting rich.

I guess she has found her niche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

u-https-pics-me-me-callingeverything-racist-so-hot-right-now-5986225.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Amen, and awoman, to that

“ahole” or “a hole”

There is always someone peddling some nonsense in the US in the hope of getting rich.

I guess she has found her niche.

Another leftist grifter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

u-https-pics-me-me-callingeverything-racist-so-hot-right-now-5986225.png

The word "racism" is like ketchup.
    It can be put on practically anything — and demanding evidence makes you a "racist."

• Site Banned Posts: 109 ✭✭iagreebut

Myself and the lads have great fun sending each other woke jokes, being honest I only come across them online and I'd see them on the political forums etc

Actually I know one dude on Instagram who's WOKE he wears the Palestinian scarf and post's pictures of graffiti on sculptures and art, pictures of riot's and suggesting it's ok to damage beautiful statues and sculptures.

I sometimes post a response, well done it's great to see youre makeing us aware of the damage these vandals are capable of...
    He's not able to respond, that's NPC's for you...as thick as ****

He's a creep, he's forever falling in love and attracted to the liberal types.
    He uses me as a confidant, because I am a very content single happy man, who has been through the mill with relationships.

I used to be a Liberal SJW myself, shock horror I know, but
    I seen the light and I'll honestly admit I needed therapy and professional help to get me away from the mindset of the wokes and evil bastard's and crusty bitch's..

He still tries to educate me now and again and I just say..
    No man I'm not interested anymore, how's life I say.

Oh I'm in a dillema with Karen no 17, she's not talking to me because I didn't know that I over stepped the mark by offering to mind her cat when she was looking after her parents...
    He was undermining her decision to make up her own mind FFS

I said dude, why are you attracted to these types of women ?
    He said because Liberal women love sex and theyre a great shag...white knight for sure.

Would you not meet a normal woman ?
    No way because it would be boring and the sex wouldn't be as exciting FFS

Can you see where I'm going, these Liberal s and WOKE people are obsessed with sex ...

The men are creeps and cucks, they'll put up with anything for self validation and stay in a codependent relationship for the sake of a ride now and again.

Here's another trend going on, I hear a lot of these WOke gouls when in Clare, instead of getting a picture taken by the Cliff's of Moher or Fr Ted's house.

Their pilgrimage is to the sign on the grassy knoll in Doonbeg, and their ritual of smiling with giving the bird to The Trump hotel sign post.

These pricks also when in America do a similar ritual outside Trump hotels there too..

There has to be a book on the WOKE religion...

The funny thing is a lot of people are waking up and leaving it, because they're realising they're pissing in the wind...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 386 ✭✭Biafranlivemat

Jake1 wrote: »
    Woka-Cola

Here in the US, all large companies have "Diversity" classes, that are mandatory. One of the guys who does it for my company, Is a nice guy outside the classroom, bit of a Pri@K in the classroom.

Best part is, he doesn't practice what he preaches.
    He lives in a beautiful town called Marblehead.
    That is
    " The racial makeup of the town was 97.6% White, 0.4% Black or African American, 0.1% Native American, 1.0% Asian, >0.1% Pacific Islander, 0.2% from other races, and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.9% of the population"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marblehead,_Massachusetts

Remember, anyone who on, Boards.ie, that preaches on how great Diversity/Multiculturalism is.
    Ask yourself about the American based posters.

What is the Diversity/Multiculturalism/welfare dependents % of their town and especially of the schools in that town.

From personal experience, We like other Irish families fled Boston, for the safer,saner very little Diversity of the outer suburbs.
    I'll be truthful to your face and explain why we left.
    The other US based posters, will not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Myself and the lads have great fun sending each other woke jokes, being honest I only come across them online and I'd see them on the political forums etc

Actually I know one dude on Instagram who's WOKE he wears the Palestinian scarf and post's pictures of graffiti on sculptures and art, pictures of riot's and suggesting it's ok to damage beautiful statues and sculptures.

I sometimes post a response, well done it's great to see youre makeing us aware of the damage these vandals are capable of...
    He's not able to respond, that's NPC's for you...as thick as ****

He uses me as a confidant, because I am a very content single happy man, who has been through the mill with relationships.

I used to be a Liberal SJW myself, shock horror I know, but
    I seen the light and I'll honestly admit I needed therapy and professional help to get me away from the mindset of the wokes and evil bastard's and crusty bitch's..

He still tries to educate me now and again and I just say..
    No man I'm not interested anymore, how's life I say.

Oh I'm in a dillema with Karen no 17, she's not talking to me because I didn't know that I over stepped the mark by offering to mind her cat when she was looking after her parents...
    He was undermining her decision to make up her own mind FFS

I said dude, why are you attracted to these types of women ?
    He said because Liberal women love sex and theyre a great shag...white knight for sure.

Would you not meet a normal woman ?
    No way because it would be boring and the sex wouldn't be as exciting FFS

Can you see where I'm going, these Liberal s and WOKE people are obsessed with sex ...

The men are creeps and cucks, they'll put up with anything for self validation and stay in a codependent relationship for the sake of a ride now and again.

Here's another trend going on, I hear a lot of these WOke gouls when in Clare, instead of getting a picture taken by the Cliff's of Moher or Fr Ted's house.

Their pilgrimage is to the sign on the grassy knoll in Doonbeg, and their ritual of smiling with giving the bird to The Trump hotel sign post.

These pricks also when in America do a similar ritual outside Trump hotels there too..

There has to be a book on the WOKE religion...

The funny thing is a lot of people are waking up and leaving it, because they're realising they're pissing in the wind...

Tell us one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

He's a creep, but you allow him to confide in you and yet you mock him.

The irony of it all.

Police next door don't appear to know the law...I wonder who 'trained' them - have a guess, diversity champions!
    This is in the open. The POLICE misrepresenting the law.
    The list of who is protected is also telling.
    'Being offensive is an offence':eek:
    Looking forward to the same here soon.
    But sure, nothing to see!
    https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin/status/1363596249178517506

'We will defeat hate in our community'.

A lot like the war on drugs or the war on terrorism, then. Wonder how many innocents will get run over while these people/groups are off crusading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,937 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I'll be truthful to your face and explain why we left.
    The other US based posters, will not.

It's easy for others to preach when they are not at the coal face of change.

If Dublin 4 or Foxrock was seeing the type of change some places in Ireland are seeing at the moment you will know exactly what racism is.

The people that talk acceptance for those in areas undergoing these demographic changes are the last ones that will allow the same in their neighborhood. It's always been my view that they are the biggest racists in Ireland.

They live no where near these areas and make bloody well sure diversity is not coming to their doorstep. Their weapon is political influence and solicitors. It's not shouted from the rooftops, it's done quietly.

What's good for the goose is not good for the gander.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

Yet another reason to De fund RTE.

Surely not cancelled?? :pac:

Just googled "individuals with a cervix" and found a tweet linking to this

https://acsjournals.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.3322/caac.21628

Mm. Yeah. Really not the same thing though. The writer in the NS suggested that the term "individuals with a cervix" had replaced "women". Not the same thing.

I concede that they seem to be more concerned with using the word "individuals" rather than "women" but it is clear from the context that any "individuals" in this case must be women.

Using the phrase "individuals with a cervix" to differentiate between the genders would be ridiculous. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

If Dublin 4 or Foxrock was seeing the type of change some places in Ireland are seeing at the moment you will know exactly what racism is.

The people that talk acceptance for those in areas undergoing these demographic changes are the last ones that will allow the same in their neighborhood. It's always been my view that they are the biggest racists in Ireland.

What a load of .........

What do you mean they/we would not "allow the same in their neigbhourhood"? Do you think a residential area is like a golf club where all you need is a place on the committee and a big black ball to prevent someone you don't like the look of to move into your area?

Wake up and join the real world.

My area of D4 is very diverse thank you very much. We've got Dubs, culchies, Indians, Filipinos and various European nationalities. We also have quite a few vagrants sleeping rough.

If only we could get rid of the culchies it would be idyllic. :)

Biggest racists in Ireland my arse, although i suspect you might be in the running for the smallest brain and/or the largest bile duct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Police next door don't appear to know the law...I wonder who 'trained' them - have a guess, diversity champions!
    This is in the open. The POLICE misrepresenting the law.
    The list of who is protected is also telling.
    'Being offensive is an offence':eek:
    Looking forward to the same here soon.
    But sure, nothing to see!
    https://twitter.com/KonstantinKisin/status/1363596249178517506

Better wear a pride flag around the right bicep.....just in case ....

Euyb-RqWYAA_6Yp?format=jpg&name=small
    jbob

What a load of .........

What do you mean they/we would not "allow the same in their neigbhourhood"? Do you think a residential area is like a golf club where all you need is a place on the committee and a big black ball to prevent someone you don't like the look of to move into your area?

Wake up and join the real world.

My area of D4 is very diverse thank you very much. We've got Dubs, culchies, Indians, Filipinos and various European nationalities. We also have quite a few vagrants sleeping rough.

If only we could get rid of the culchies it would be idyllic. :)

Biggest racists in Ireland my arse, although i suspect you might be in the running for the smallest brain and/or the largest bile duct.

Of course Dublin 4 is a large area. I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the wealthier areas.

How much diversity is there on Shrewsbury Road?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭rightmove

Of course Dublin 4 is a large area. I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the wealthier areas.

How much diversity is there in Dublin 4 by comparison to Clonee??????

How many estates are half nigerian in dublin 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭COVID

rightmove wrote: »

The Nigerian Embassy's in Dublin 6, does that count?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

There's billionaires and non-billionaires.

What more could you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,691 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

rightmove wrote: »

its pretty diverse until the childminders go home for the evening

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

More woke-ism Muppetry!

Literally!!

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-56153016
    Disney Plus has added a content warning to the beginning of 18 episodes of The Muppet Show, which started streaming on the platform on Friday.

"This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures," it reads.

"These stereotypes were wrong then and are wrong now."

The disclaimer has been added to each of the episodes for different reasons, including one where Johnny Cash sings in front of the Confederate flag.

The Confederacy was the group of southern states that fought to keep slavery during the US Civil War and the flag is seen as a symbol of racism by many.

Disney's disclaimer added: "Rather than remove this content, we want to acknowledge its harmful impact, learn from it and spark conversation to create a more inclusive future together."

The advisory note comes after several months of revisionism around films and TV programmes which could be considered offensive by the standards of today.

It Disney make sense, getting madder by the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Achebe

statesaver wrote: »

Coca Cola will be shocked when they learn the fascist paramilitaries they work with in Colombia disproportionately target the indigenous and Afro communities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

More woke-ism Muppetry!

Literally!!

It Disney make sense, getting madder by the day!
    From link: "This programme includes negative depictions and/or mistreatment of people or cultures, it reads."
    Well, we know who are the real muppets now at Disney. :pac:

All I want to know is if Disney has addressed how Miss Piggy constantly mistreats Froggy?

no comment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

no comment

Kermie!
    Stand up for your rights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Kivaro wrote: »
    Kermie!
    Stand up for your rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

Better wear a pride flag around the right bicep.....just in case ....

Euyb-RqWYAA_6Yp?format=jpg&name=small
    jbob

Britain is a lost cause.
    Their police seem to spend more time looking for people online that use harsh language than actually solving real crimes.

Hence why knife crime is out of control there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,788 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-56154542

Merseyside Police has apologised for claiming "being offensive is an offence" as part of a campaign to encourage people to report hate crime.

It has since clarified that while hate crime is an offence, "being offensive is not in itself an offence".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭rightmove

Merseyside Police has apologised for claiming "being offensive is an offence" as part of a campaign to encourage people to report hate crime.

It has since clarified that while hate crime is an offence, "being offensive is not in itself an offence".

the lunatics have most definitely taken over the asylum

Idiots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Achebe wrote: »
    Coca Cola will be shocked when they learn the fascist paramilitaries they work with in Colombia disproportionately target the indigenous and Afro communities.

I'm sure somebody with the Twitter name "Karlyn supports banning critical race theory in NH" is reporting objectively on these matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,211 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Britain is a lost cause.
    Their police seem to spend more time looking for people online that use harsh language than actually solving real crimes.

Hence why knife crime is out of control there.

It's slightly different reason but fruit from the same tree.

It's career suicide to point out that it is one small demographic responsible for the majority of Knife crimes, street assaults and gun crime in London.

Woe betide anyone who tries to solve it or ask how it can be solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

The absolute state of them putting that on a sign. No wonder they have a huge stabbing problem if this is what they are wasting time and money on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Danzy wrote: »
    It's slightly different reason but fruit from the same tree.

It's career suicide to point out that it is one small demographic responsible for the majority of Knife crimes, street assaults and gun crime in London.

Woe betide anyone who tries to solve it or ask how it can be solved.

This is exactly the problem. It's the same demographic that suffers disportionaly from that crime.
    So dancing around the issue mean that you are harming the communities more by not dealing with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭Cordell

"Every human being should be treated with dignity and respect"
    100% but what happened to fairness? Is now unfair treatment acceptable?

Cordell wrote: »
    "Every human being should be treated with dignity and respect"
    100% but what happened to fairness? Is now unfair treatment acceptable?
    With this type of logic, they'll say that poodles & greyhounds in the same dog race is acceptable. :rolleyes:

100% for sure, definitely 'trained' by Stonewall.
    The police are a 'Stonewall Diversity Champion' (paid for) and Stonewall is the most poisonous, ideological political 'charity' in existence in the UK and simply given a pass for everything.
    Their training and advice etc is *everywhere* in the UK, police, govt, schools, universities, NHS etc

That 'error' with the police poster was not an error - until the backlash came.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement