Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That time again.

• 31-08-2020 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

Ladies and Gents.
    The hour will soon be upon us in 5 hours, where some of us, start probably the most unique hunting season in our lives and in our States history.:eek:

Whether you are after fur or feather. I wish you all that Artemis smiles at you and that you shoot straight and safe this season.Be safe out there.
    Have a good one and "Waidmannsheil"

Grizzly45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Ladies and Gents.
    The hour will soon be upon us in 5 hours, where some of us, start probably the most unique hunting season in our lives and in our States history.:eek:

Whether you are after fur or feather. I wish you all that Artemis smiles at you and that you shoot straight and safe this season.Be safe out there.
    Have a good one and "Waidmannsheil"

Grizzly45

Waidmannsdank Grizzly, be safe and enjoy the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭useurowname

How did everyone get on.?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 foxkiller100

No licence yet , still waiting and praying 🦌ðŸ™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

I was out in a couple of places locally but nothing stirring. Still way too mild and too much cereal crops still standing miles in all directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭German pointer

I didn't get out as in quarantine but I did have a consolation prize. 7 so far, Irish Water Spaniel pups

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Got out yesterday morning had being seeing a decent stag in the last week Sod’s law no sign of him changed position 6-45 am spotted 4 prickets feeding took the the last one clean neck shot backpacked him out 2 km well worth it great start to the season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Got a red yesterday morning, cleaned skinned and currently hanging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

steyrman wrote: »
    Got out yesterday morning had being seeing a decent stag in the last week Sod’s law no sign of him changed position 6-45 am spotted 4 prickets feeding took the the last one clean neck shot backpacked him out 2 km well worth it great start to the season

Beautiful beast you were lucky he didn't spot you with his binoculars :D

Back out yesterday morning field of wheat had being opened up Sunday but weather changed landowner rang me few deer feeding in the bottom end .arrive 5.50 am black dark it took ages for first light to arrive 6.30 am spotted movement 8 Sika prickets and a few stags 230 yards off the sticks managed this fine stag within 10 mins the sky opened up shower lasted 30 mins nearly stopped me getting the jeep into him 300 odd yard deal sorted me out but a nice clean well coloured mature stag good feeding as he weighed 67 kg dressed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

Beautiful animal, well done.

At 67Kg dressed, that's some size! I've shot a few big ones, but never in that weight. He'd be a good one for DNA testing, he might be a hybrid in disguise.

Well done again.

• Advertisement

Beautiful animal, well done.

At 67Kg dressed, that's some size! I've shot a few big ones, but never in that weight. He'd be a good one for DNA testing, he might be a hybrid in disguise.

Well done again.

Hi this area has some of the best feeding all tillage area I have taking some decent stags from here some of the hinds last year topped 40 kg dressed out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

steyrman wrote: »
    Back out yesterday morning field of wheat had being opened up Sunday but weather changed landowner rang me few deer feeding in the bottom end .arrive 5.50 am black dark it took ages for first light to arrive 6.30 am spotted movement 8 Sika prickets and a few stags 230 yards off the sticks managed this fine stag within 10 mins the sky opened up shower lasted 30 mins nearly stopped me getting the jeep into him 300 odd yard deal sorted me out but a nice clean well coloured mature stag good feeding as he weighed 67 kg dressed out

That's an absolute cracker, well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭kunekunesika

Was hoping to head out at the weekend, but after seeing him I have to get out this evening. Congrats

Advertisement