Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

24 degrees at Phoenix park at 2pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Reverted to cloudy now in D5, managed to get a couple of hours in the nice sun thought so can't complain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

got close to 24C here an hour ago, fully cloudy now, but the sun should be back tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Billcarson

I'm all for sunny dry weather especially after the last few months. Personally though I wish this warmth would go and do one,summer had its chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I think it's fairly acceptable to get decent summer weather in September, for me Autumn doesn't really fully begin till 1st week of October, by then expecting temperatures in the high teens is asking for alot and cloudy cool days become far more acceptable.

• Advertisement

Billcarson wrote: »
    I'm all for sunny dry weather especially after the last few months. Personally though I wish this warmth would go and do one,summer had its chance.

people's intolerance of 18c - 23c temperatures in this country will never cease to amaze me. Now that the sun is gone it doesn't feel that warm in Dublin, just nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Today never got going in Cork. Perfectly pleasant but high cloud almost constant. Sun was out for a few mins and you could feel the heat. Pity. East had a bad time of it in August so well entitled to this spell. Weather has been very democratic actually, we've all had about two good spells, just not simultaneously!

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Does it ever stop raining in achill island :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Mostly cloudy today with the sun coming out every now and then. South Wexford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Cloudy here all day so fuxkin frustrating. Was in tramore yesterday mainly cloudy and windy and cool enough. People had jackets on.

• Advertisement

Cloudy here all day so fuxkin frustrating. Was in tramore yesterday mainly cloudy and windy and cool enough. People had jackets on.

Nightmare, I actually managed to get a good bit of sun, topped up the old tan I have lingering from being in Spain! Hopefully we get a few more hours tomorrow too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭obi604

obi604 wrote: »
    east galway is sh1te today/ 17 degrees, dull, few spits of rain even

And the afternoon got worse. Just dark dull and constant rain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭New Era

Should the country get concerned about how far north in the Atlantic, Hurricane Paulette is?? Could it hit Ireland early next week?? If so will it gradually weaken in time before it hits here so that it won't be particularly damaging to us?? We have enough trouble already without hurricanes threatening the country!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

New Era wrote: »
    Should the country get concerned about how far north in the Atlantic, Hurricane Paulette is?? Could it hit Ireland early next week?? If so will it gradually weaken in time before it hits here so that it won't be particularly damaging to us?? We have enough trouble already without hurricanes threatening the country!

It's forecast to weaken as it moves northeastwards before taking a turn back southeastwards, just to the west of the Azores. It won't have any direct effect on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Max today :

Phoenix park 24.7 degrees
    Dunsany 23.3
    Dublin Airport 22.4
    Valentia 22.1
    Mullingar 21.5

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Spits of rain this afternoon and evening here in Laois - but not enough to tip the rain-bucket. Amazing cloud formations though in the mid-layers. Sunshine this morning but the layer of mid-level cloud rolled in and dominated from after lunch time. AWS reports a max of 19.3c compared to yesterdays 21.3c (Manual) in mostly unbroken sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When they say Indian summer, I presume we're supposed to focus on the india part of it and not the summer part because it's like monsoon season out there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Beautiful day but then clouded over with some great cloud scapes. High of 24.8°c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Dark and grey all day in Donegal with rain on and off, felt very mild in the evening so hopefully a sign for the rest of the week.

Would echo Danno's comments on clouds, lots of interesting and ominous looking undulating wave patterns

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Even though it was a mainly grey day in this part of the West, I too found those undulating cloud patterns quite interesting.
    Below is a pic of some of those clouds as seen from Ballaghaderreen, Co Roscommon earlier this afternoon.
    Thankfully a bit of late evening sunshine eventually found a chink through them to give some nice autumnal hues on the banks of the River Moy in Mayo this evening.

attachment.php?attachmentid=526381&stc=1&d=1600126860

attachment.php?attachmentid=526382&stc=1&d=1600126889

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Up in Dublin atm, currently patches of blue sky but cloudy. Warm around 16 degrees I would say but can't tell you exactly. Was a bit if rain during the night

Also agree about the cloud formations, saw a lot of interesting ones all the way from Cork to Dublin on the train yesterday

Still no sign of the sun in my part of Dublin, I really hope it comes out.

Sun coming through now in Dublin 5, starting to feel it warm up

Dull + damp again in wexford this morning. Yesterday was dull most of the day too. The south of the country has been quite unlucky this summer/autumn, this is not the first time the north has gotten the sun while here it's nothing but endless cloud and very little sun and occasional rain. To be honest, I don't care, I've accepted that this summer has been useless and I'm ready for the rest of autumn/winter and what it will bring us, not only in terms of weather but also the current situation with the virus, will there be more restrictions etc etc.

Billcarson wrote: »

I agree, it's had its chance and I'm ready for the winter ahead. I wish we could just move on and accept that the summer is over and has been terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Beautifully sunny in my part of Dublin now again. Uncharted territory right here.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭seamusk84

Is Gonzo around, how are we looking for the rest of the week and weekend based on what you are seeing?

Warming up nicely min Kildare now. Fair enough we had a bit of rain overnight to help with one final blast of growth/ripening for harvest.

A bit of heat for a few days would do wonders for everyone's spirits now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,180 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

21.3°c in West Clare, but still so CLOUDY!

I feel frustrated.

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Beautifully sunny in my part of Dublin now again. Uncharted territory right here.

I think I'm near you but the sun isn't getting through just yet here, so close though...

• Advertisement

21 degrees at 12pm in Phoenix park, defo warming up now in Dublin

Advertisement