Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Graces7 wrote: »
    testing

I know! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

DOCARCH wrote: »
    I know! :p
    Back at thee!

Oh very droll! I tried to post and it went .... testy …

Is it just here that boards is hard? I am having to refresh etc as gives all kinds of messages re no boards available.

The wind woke around three of the clock and has been blasting away since.

The met.ie map is dazzling. Seems the east is to get the rain and the west the gales,, Up to 100 kph. Routine out here.

North west is not kind but we are fine. All cleared away last evening and hunkered down now.

Snugged in listening to the howling.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Just completed a night shift in the far north, and that was one rough night.

Equally as rough and as wet as any of the named storms we have had over recent times. Lashed all night, proper heavy rain and as I head to bed the wind is still battering the house.

Think its heading down the west coast over the rest of the day Graces, brace yourself.

And not a mention on any of the media sites, none. Doesn't affect Dublin or Belfast you see.

It is getting insanely wild and loud out here now.

Rain horizontal against the windows and bitterly cold. A sudden descent into …...Winter?

• Advertisement

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just completed a night shift in the far north, and that was one rough night.

Equally as rough and as wet as any of the named storms we have had over recent times. Lashed all night, proper heavy rain and as I head to bed the wind is still battering the house.

Think its heading down the west coast over the rest of the day Graces, brace yourself.

And not a mention on any of the media sites, none. Doesn't affect Dublin or Belfast you see.

Just seen your edits and yes indeed! Well said!

It is steadily intensifying out here now. Louder and fiercer. But all is ready here. As we did have warning... The cold is intense.

Not sure where you are?

west mayo offshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Very windy and absolutely bitter in wexford this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Windy morning in cork city, cloudy aswell but dry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Windy and cold but not enough rain to wet a stamp in Roscommon.
    YR was forecasting 20mm for here today - don't think we'll come anywhere near that....or is there more to come besides this front that seems to be dying out on the radar?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rotten morning here in Meath after a very windy and wet night, lots of surface water here, looks like the rain is down for the day. While there will be a good deal of rain, I don't think it will last as long or be as heavy as what fell across parts of England and Wales, some places there have had over 48 hours of continuous heavy rain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Standard soft day, sure we had many of these a few months ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dire day in Kildare. Strong winds and moderate rain.

8mm in the gauge

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

sryanbruen wrote: »

today reminds me of Summer 2020 - second half of June, all of July and much of August.

sryanbruen wrote: »

today reminds me of Summer 2020 - second half of June, all of July and much of August.

- on another note, Boards is really struggling today with performance issues and it's close to unusable.

Seems windier now then most yellow warnings in cork city. (But isn't)

Gonzo wrote: »

- on another note, Boards is really struggling today with performance issues and it's close to unusable.

Just keep pressing any refresh/reload buttons that you can find. It does not like folk thanking either :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

My maximum temperature today (so far) has only reached 8.8c. If this is not breached it will mark the earliest single-digit high recorded here in South Laois. For reference, the earliest single-digit maximum fell on October 25th 2019 with a mere 6.8c recorded. Records here: http://www.laoisweather.com/wxnoaarecords.php

we've had the heat on since this morning. We had so many days throughout last winter and the winter before that considerably warmer than today.

Gusting up to 42kts in cork city. Surprised we aren't under a yellow warning tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭appledrop

Lashibg rain here in NCD, down for day. Won't be venturing outdoors today.

Ah well that means its finally time to tackle putting away last of summer wardrobe + getting down winter clothes!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

12.2mm so far today in Dublin 16. Looks like rain might clear east coast/Dublin in the next hour or two.

We have now been upgraded to "strong gale"... love watching the rain radar met.ie screen. Not cold thankfully.

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Rain and rain since we woke this morning.
    Boyne will have a nice swell in it after this.
    Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Rain and rain since we woke this morning.
    Boyne will have a nice swell in it after this.
    Meath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Rotten day in Letterkenny as well, pouring down and lights on all day. No wind of note but lots of leaves and twigs on the road so must have been fairly windy overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Rotten day in Letterkenny as well, pouring down and lights on all day. No wind of note but lots of leaves and twigs on the road so must have been fairly windy overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Very breezy all day in East Cork, the rain is held off so far. Not a bad day really!

Not too much rain so far but very windy and cold. Heaters were on full blast this morning. wex

Photo of the day here!

• Advertisement

Not too much rain so far but very windy and cold. Heaters were on full blast this morning. wexford.

Advertisement