Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Glorious sun here again; blue skies and dramatic cloudscapes... lovely day but cool

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

lovely here in Dublin

the entire summer apart - the weather's been great since March

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Good be the days in Autumns past when we had southwesterly draws from the Caribbean. :p

It's definitely been a chilly time.
    Not frost but not 15, 16,17 degree weather either.

Grass is slipping fast compared to other years.

https://twitter.com/PastureBase/status/1316031340865826816?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

One of the most beautiful days I've seen here since last Spring. Perfect temps and perfect feel with golden mellow autumnal sunshine.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Sun got out about 2pm. Lovely afternoon. Chilly in that wind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Good be the days in Autumns past when we had southwesterly draws from the Caribbean. :p

It's definitely been a chilly time.
    Not frost but not 15, 16,17 degree weather either.

Grass is slipping fast compared to other years.

https://twitter.com/PastureBase/status/1316031340865826816?s=20

Indeed. Growth is poor and its relatively early in the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

Unreal evening

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

OldRio wrote: »
    Indeed. Growth is poor and its relatively early in the season.

If you look at the gfs 850hpa temps forecast, we're stuck in less cold slot between what's forecast for north America and eastern Europe.

The northern hemisphere cool down is definitely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Stunning day in East Clare..one of those days you get alot done and can forget about everything...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful day in Donegal again and the clearest night in a long time now, could clearly see the milky way earlier :)

The correlation between lockdowns and good weather this year is increasingly bizarre though.. first the whole spring lockdown had great weather, then the two week spell in August coincided with the Kildare lockdown and now the past few weeks with Dublin/Donegal!

• Advertisement

A still chilly early day. The air is cold in the lungs. And totally breathtakingly still out there.

And another sunny day ahead to cheer us.

As it does.
    west mayo offshore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Dull, wet morning in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,397 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

roll after roll of slow moving clouds dumping loads of rain on North Dublin this morning

despite forecast for dry

I could watch the clouds here all day; they are currently rolling up like rugs and climbing the invisible mountains . headed for the sky, which is so blue.

Another glorious day?

Very nippy though. Out with the jerseys! Socks!

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 9,400 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I am thinking of taking off the week of mid-term break but the long range forecasts look very wet.
    Anyone got any insights into it or is it too early?

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

We had a nice autumnal dawn and early morning near Castlebar today with seasonal mist patches and glistening dew laden webs on the heather and gorse bushes. The last few days have been really nice October days in these parts and yesterday evening was an absolute stunner. Great skies, turning leaves, slack winds and a glorious sunset. Even though this spell may not last too long, it is a treat to have the more usual Atlantic regime blocked off for a little while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Beautiful calm sunny day again in Donegal, not too often I can still have my lunch in the garden in a t-shirt in mid October. Been a great autumn up till now

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

poor day today in Meath, cold and wet. Rain isn't too heavy but it's enough to make the day chilly and dark, heating switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Gonzo wrote: »
    poor day today in Meath, cold and wet. Rain isn't too heavy but it's enough to make the day chilly and dark, heating switched on.

No rain and some sun here in my part of meath, pleasant enough autumn day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Sunny spells in Cork City today, chilly though as it has been for the last few days but it is around 13 degrees.

• Advertisement

No rain and some sun here in my part of meath, pleasant enough autumn day

Same in wexford.

A quiet start again. promising another glorious autumn day.. Silent, cool, calm

The best possible autumn weather, so restful !

West Mayo offshore

A clear, icy cold morning in wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Ophelia 3 years ago today, you can still see the remnants of the damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Showery day in cork city, chilly night out there now too.

two trees still down in the garden! Not cut them down because they are still growing leaves etc so look like a hedge now! And happily blocking up a gaping hole so worked out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Much heavier showers in Cork today that I was expecting. Not a great day at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Not a bad October day at all in South Laois. Opened the day with a glorious sunrise, quickly followed by a rain shower that failed to drop more than a mil. A partly cloudy afternoon followed with a clear evening thereafter. Another shower has since rolled up the Nore valley after dark, but quite sporadic in precipitation. Cool throughout in a notably gentle nor'easter. AWS reports a 12.4c max and slipped to 5.1c after dark. Currently around 7c.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Rained in East Clare for about 10 seconds around half four..it was lovely...

That is the one storm we escaped/evaded. It turned inland after Clare.. Thankfully.. Callum wiped us out up here but was largely a coastal event so turn and turn about!

west mayo offshore

• Advertisement

4Ad wrote: »
    Rained in East Clare for about 10 seconds around half four..it was lovely...

lol... I thought I heard the pitter-patter of tiny raindrops here earlier but it is far too dark to venture out!

So peaceful again tonight. Bliss....And they say a lovely weekend ahead. Quiet and calm and sunny... With that autumnal edge.

west mayo offshore; night watch..

And a grey clouded morning....

Advertisement