Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Ballylad

Very gusty and torrential rain near tullow carlow

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Continuous heavy rain drumming down; very loud. Much more than they described.

A bad couple of days ahead. Winter arriving with a wetfest

West Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Awful day here .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rotten day in Meath, didnt expect the rain to be this heavy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Didn't expect it to be this bad in Cork. Very heavy rain and gusting all afternoon

• Advertisement

Didn't expect it to be this bad in Cork. Very heavy rain and gusting all afternoon

Brutal day since about midday. Much worse than the Friday night/Saturday morning event.

Rain has petered out here now, still horrible, mist and low cloud, if it stays dry, we'll end up with 34mm this week

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Any pictures of the blue moon last night or was it completely mank everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

s1ippy wrote: »
    Any pictures of the blue moon last night or was it completely mank everywhere?

Appeared for around 15 minutes in Dublin before going back behind the clouds. This was at Howth.

lfXqDaL.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

sryanbruen wrote: »
    Appeared for around 15 minutes in Dublin before going back behind the clouds. This was at Howth.

lfXqDaL.jpg

Wow thats a brilliant picture. Did you take that Sryanbruen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭appledrop

Well so long October.

I have to say it was a brilliant month.

Loads of lovely crisp sunny autumn days.

Its great how many walks we got in over midterm break.

Today was a write off here in NCD wet + windy but perfect excuse to stay at home + get everything in order before we head back to school again!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,613 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

appledrop wrote: »
    Wow thats a brilliant picture. Did you take that Sryanbruen?

Yeah, a few other guys were there too and captured better but so thankful for that break in the cloud. Tide being out also helped for reflections. The saying once in a blue moon could not be more true.

October was certainly a much better month than I could have imagined it would be. This autumn has been good weather wise, many fine days with sunny spells. A lot more than I could say the same for the summer.

Rain has petered out here now, still horrible, mist and low cloud, if it stays dry, we'll end up with 34mm this week

It didnt peter out, its lashing down, 7.6mm today,

Edit 9.4mm

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

10.6mm here near Tralee and still raining.

Raining most of the day, light for much of it with a few heavier pulses, water standing in places in the garden now, ground saturated. Will be glad of the dryer weather Weds through Fri, looks promising to keeping mostly dry.

Ended up with 150mm for October, ( 13.6mm yesterday )

9.1C atm

Bar 985.1 hPa Steady

Breeze lightened to the NW

mfCLEWQ.gif

12hrs rainfall accumulations

lZ71IDO.png

https://twitter.com/rtenews/status/1322961004419031040?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Awful in Dublin, cold and really windy and now raining! Looks like it'll be calm later in the week at least.

Cold breezy but dry this morning in meath, just about managing to escape the showers, after a truly awful day yesterday, finished up with 13mm of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,195 ✭✭✭pad199207

Heavy showery rain in Kildare. Thoroughly miserable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gez talk about hype when I read the headline I thought I missed something, freezing conditions my ass.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-five-day-forecast-met-22940108

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭esposito

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Gez talk about hype when I read the headline I thought I missed something, freezing conditions my ass.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/ireland-five-day-forecast-met-22940108

It’s laughable how this rag of a paper puts its headline together. The old reliable scaremongering and over the top descriptions.

It’s probably going to go to a low of 0 C at night with daytime highs of 6-10 by day. Hardly freezing conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Cold in that stern breeze in South Laois, holding dry despite the heavy overcast sky. Currently 8.6c after a high of just 9.9c earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,750 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wouldn't be surprised to see some wintryness in showers this evening and overnight and a dusting on mountains as temperatures are falling from the west, a colder airmass moving in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I got drowned wet and nearly blown over by the wind outside Limerick city an hour ago.
    Calmed down now and the rain has stopped and even the sun is making an appearance !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Cold dark and wet here in Castlebar. Just 6 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Newport looks like it could get close to breaking 2000mm again this year if it follows the usual November/December pattern.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks like another dose of rain Dublin bound.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,159 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Down to 5 degrees at Knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

What a time for the boiler to break down!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Horrible in Dublin now, sideways rain and very windy and cold! Looks like my evening jog is cancelled ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Icy cold today in wexford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

Chilly but a beautiful sunny afternoon in East Clare.

Advertisement