Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Loud and wild out here and no shopping trip, as no crossing possible. As it was two weeks ago as well...

And I guess the cabbage lives to grow another day ;)

west mayo offshore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,436 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I think the last while has been lovely at times in Dublin. This morning is gorgeous, and no wind. I've realised it is wind that annoys me the most when it comes to our weather, when it's constantly blustery. But lately it has been so calm, even when dark and cloudy, I still like those days, great for walking and being outside.
    I think last year from about the end of Oct/start of Nov, it was really windy until the nice weather in Spring pretty much with little respite. If you cycle/jog/walk a lot it is really annoying.

Edit: Ok now it's getting quite windy!

Sounds like the end of the world out here. In between gales I forget how bad the gales are...

And the dwelling just shook! A first for this year and I was not ready for that..

west mayo offshore

US2 wrote: »
    Was there warning issued for this? My trampoline is gone!!

This is very worrying! Has it turned up? Please end this tension !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Another dull dreary day in wexford :rolleyes: luckily no heavy rain bar a light shower earlier on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,200 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its turning into a wet and windy evening here in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Hooter23

That rain thats just arriving in Galway looks fairly heavy...

The high wind has lowered but the rain has taken over, heavy and hard against the windows.

We are safe from flooding but I dread to think what others are going through.

Stay safe out there.

That heavy rain is now forming into a squall line as it moves east from Galway to Cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

It’s been very dark here for days. Blue way flooded now in town. Life and the weather in unison dull dark and dreary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

I think the last while has been lovely at times in Dublin. This morning is gorgeous, and no wind. I've realised it is wind that annoys me the most when it comes to our weather, when it's constantly blustery. But lately it has been so calm, even when dark and cloudy, I still like those days, great for walking and being outside.
    I think last year from about the end of Oct/start of Nov, it was really windy until the nice weather in Spring pretty much with little respite. If you cycle/jog/walk a lot it is really annoying.

Edit: Ok now it's getting quite windy!

Have to agree with this. Middling weather with no wind is massively different to a dull and windy day. Have really notice that this last while. Felt it was quite nice in Dublin until yesterday really so no complaints from me on Autumn or November even.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Lovely sunny morning but cloud had filled in by early afternoon with patchy light drizzle in a southerly breeze. Mild enough with top temperatures around 11c.
    Wet evening with the cold front going through - AWS reports 3.8mm so far.

Tomorrow looks like a carbon copy of today only cooler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

Bit of a downpour now in d22 squall line incoming?

Loud nocturnal activity.... Quieting now. As typical a winter's night as ever was, and grateful for those quiet days to get stocked up ahead.

It looks to be better this morning, so ferries should be running; if not no worries as well stocked.

And plenty of indoor work and other things to do. Never bored..

west mayo offshore

A much brighter morning here in Castlebar. Not a bad day for late Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,215 ✭✭✭pad199207

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Leinster

Met Éireann Weather Warning

Strong and gusty southwest to west winds with gusts in excess of 90km/h.

Valid: 12:00 Saturday 14/11/2020 to 18:00 Saturday 14/11/2020

Issued: 19:17 Friday 13/11/2020
    ————————————————————-

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Munster

Valid: 11:00 Saturday 14/11/2020 to 15:00 Saturday 14/11/2020

Issued: 19:00 Friday 13/11/2020
    —————————————————-

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Connacht

Valid: 15:00 Saturday 14/11/2020 to 18:00 Saturday 14/11/2020

————————————————-

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal

Strong and gusty south to southwest winds with gusts in excess of 90km/h.

Valid: 16:00 Saturday 14/11/2020 to 21:00 Saturday 14/11/2020

Another wet dull dreary day out there. Weather seems very stuck in a pattern at the moment. Flooding locally very little brightness the last week.

Another wet dull dreary day out there. Weather seems very stuck in a pattern at the moment. Flooding locally very little brightness the last week.

Pretty much the same here in Castlebar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

Windy, wet dreary day.

Typical Nov weather.

I think reason people haven't been giving out too much about weather is because we had an unreal Sept + Oct with plenty of sunshine.

Even 1st week of Nov was nice in Dublin with above normal sunshine.

Last Nov was one of worse ever on record in Dublin so I'll take the bit of drizzle + dull weather this year no problem.

Unreal Sept and October? Really was it?

• Advertisement

Does unreal mean good? There was some nice weather in October and even so far this month, overall I don't think it's been a terrible autumn, in Dublin anyway, it seems like other parts got serious amounts of rain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,660 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Certainly wouldn't call it an unreal autumn in Dublin personally. Sep and Oct were good but not ones I'd say as best ever by any means. Nov has been rubbish but not to the atrocious levels of Nov 2019, more bog standard November crap that the month is notorious for {usually too mild for snow but too cool for pleasant warm days whilst having short days, long nights and a weak sun with a high frequency of southwesterlies}.

Already hating this "winter" though, roll on spring (which will probably be a write off anyway after the exceptional 2020) and praying for a better 2021 summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,043 ✭✭✭appledrop

When I say unreal my expectations are always low for autumn especially after atrocious one last year when it practically never stopped raining from Aug- Dec.

We had loads of sunshine, loads of dry days + its wasn't cold so that's really good as far as I'm concerned for autumn.

Autumn this year was much better than our summer because we had more sunny days.

Oct had more sunshine hours than July or August.

Bear in mind Syran some on here tried to tell us the summer was “unreal” too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭highdef

I'd agree that summer 2019 was unreal. So not real that there was basically no summer. Late spring was fantastic but as for the summer, it seemed very much like it didn't really happen.

It was "unreal" in that it claimed to be the season known as summer, when it was anything but.

Starting to get pretty stormy in Dublin now.

Very bad in Galway down by the coast a couple of hours ago...worse than alot of the so called storms we get...though it only lasted a short while

Quite windy here this evening, if it's not the rain it's the wind:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Holy Duck

Quite windy here this evening, if it's not the rain it's the wind

It's definitely the wind

• Advertisement

Cold and windy this morning here.

Advertisement