Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Autumn 2020 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was out to the back ocean-side field after berries and it is what they used to call "bracing" in the Yorkshire seaside hotel adverts

OH the sun has just emerged! And there it goes again!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

lots of sunshine today and feeling fairly pleasant but it is alot cooler than yesterday by about 6C, now why couldn't the sun shine yesterday when we had warm uppers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Thats what usually happens here the cloud and rain arrives with the warm air and then the sun comes out when the cooler air arrives...by the weekend/next week might be different though might get some sun and warm air together

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Any predictions for the first frost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭daniel_t1409

Another lovely day in wexford today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shepards Delight

After a dry sometimes sunny day in claremorris
    It is a lovely night 12c peace and tranquility springs to mind a very very gentle north westerly and guess what ..

No rain!!!!!!

On a lighter note hottest day of summer was recorded
    In Newport co mayo ...😊

US2 wrote: »
    Any predictions for the first frost

We had very light grass frost in a very sheltered spot that is prone to it out here a while ago; I did record it here.

West mayo offshore

It is chilly and grey -skied with a slight cold breeze.There was a serious deluge earlier but it is dry at present.

West Mayo offshore.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Graces7 wrote: »
    It is chilly and grey -skied with a slight cold breeze.There was a serious deluge earlier but it is dry at present.

West Mayo offshore.

Wow. Didn't think we had one already especially where you are by the sea. I'm looking forward to the first.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,900 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

if the ECM and GEM are correct next week looks very mild indeed with temperatures hitting 20C for much of the week. GFS going for a cooler and more unsettled Atlantic dominated outlook after Monday. The big question is will we see any sunshine during these warm uppers or wil we be covered in a thick blanket of low hanging cloud and mist yet again while the UK basks in September heatwave conditions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭John O.Groats

Gonzo wrote: »
    If the ECM and GEM are correct next week looks very mild indeed with temperatures hitting 20C for much of the week. GFS going for a cooler and more unsettled Atlantic dominated outlook after Monday. The big question is will we see any sunshine during these warm uppers or will we be covered in a thick blanket of low hanging cloud and mist yet again while the UK basks in September heatwave conditions.

If I remember correctly we did have a warm dry sunny week or so in mid September 2019 before the autumn really set in so hopefully we will get something similar this year.

Degeneration into wild.... wet....windy. But mild ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭pauldry

misty damp and murky today.

Thats all

• Registered Users Posts: 15,417 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Mostly overcast with occasional brief glimpses of sun here in south Dublin. Dry and not too windy, could be worse.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Supercell wrote: »
    Mostly overcast with occasional brief glimpses of sun here in south Dublin. Dry and not too windy, could be worse.

Ditto in Dublin 16. 15.1c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Gonzo wrote: »
    if the ECM and GEM are correct next week looks very mild indeed with temperatures hitting 20C for much of the week. GFS going for a cooler and more unsettled Atlantic dominated outlook after Monday. The big question is will we see any sunshine during these warm uppers or wil we be covered in a thick blanket of low hanging cloud and mist yet again while the UK basks in September heatwave conditions.

Hope they’re right and that the GFS is way off. They are disagreeing a lot the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

This is quickly turning into another extremely cloudy month, endless grey skies once again today with occasional drizzle

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Drove to west cork on tuesday with some friends again since we had a shocking July time down there weather wise, and too my shock it was once again drizzling down there while it was dry in the city. Luckily the next day was warm ifnot verm warm and nearly clear skies so totally made up for it as did today, though cloudy, it was dry and warm

This is quickly turning into another extremely cloudy month, endless grey skies once again today with occasional drizzle

My thoughts exactly, and in some ways, it is even worse. No sunlight, no starlight, no moonlight; just endless low cloud, the odd spit and worst of all, that endless humid warmth that just will not **** off. Last night we were promised a clear, crisp coolish night with temps going down to about 7c. Instead, the cloud persisted throughout with temps not falling below 11c. Ten days into September now and not one night has seen a single figure min here. This is completely abnormal by any measure and no sign of any relent in this God awful pattern at all.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shepards Delight

After a generally dry day a touch of mist at times nothing to much .
    Tonight is a very cold night . Temps are reading 11c but feels much chiller than that . Cold light breeze and dry at present . Rain is due as we arrive into Friday morning .
    Weekend in general will be unsettled at times . Daytime values will rise a little bit also .

The wind is wild, nearing a gale, buffeting all the long night. West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 14,509 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Another localized heavy rain situation may develop this morning in the vicinity of Westport, or a little further north than the Clifden event. Not to say this will be as severe but keep an eye on local streams and radar if in the general path of this frontal wave which is heading for north central Mayo and Sligo.

Another localized heavy rain situation may develop this morning in the vicinity of Westport, or a little further north than the Clifden event. Not to say this will be as severe but keep an eye on local streams and radar if in the general path of this frontal wave which is heading for north central Mayo and Sligo.

I hear it on my roof and windows.. Thankfully the ocean takes the run off where we are.

Deluging. Needless to say I am not going berry picking!

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Goldfinch8

Rotten morning here just east of Castlebar. Heavy rain has set in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Usual cloudy morning here in Dublin. At least it's kind of a brighter cloudy. Sunday looks like blue skies and sunshine and 20c or so for the day, although it'll probably end up being cloudy. If it's actually sunny I'm going to lie outside all day and soak up as much as I can, I doubt we'll be seeing the likes again until next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Nice sunny morning here it’s autumnal but it’s bright it’s dry and it’s sunny which is a massive improvement on our “summer”.

There are no words; there really are none.

Nonstop deluges and the air tastes wet.

Fire lit. Self defence.

Dire! And not often I say that. ;)

WET Mayo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭OldRio

Windy last night and this morning and raining for the last hour. Serious rain.
    Awful. Relentless

Advertisement