Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sue builder for noise

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,600 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

I have learned even if you have a concrete floor you will have some noise. Let us know how you get on OP

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Swan1980

OP- I have a vast wealth of experience with this topic so felt compelled to post. Bought a Celtic tiger apt in 2007..

I successfully had the upstairs apartment remove the wooden floors after a year of hell. The noise was unreal from just walking, moving, hoovering etc. There wasn't any kids there even just a couple. However as these were timber framed apartments I am sorry to say it did not make a huge difference.

I found the pressure from the management co and me dealing with the owner too, plus him being a nice man meant it was no problem to get them taken up. In my experience you are either built for that level of noise or you are not. After a few years I could take no more and left and sold ( at a loss) As a result of this I had 0 tolerance for neighbor noise and eventually after renting in terraced houses ( thin walls can be as bad) top floor apartments etc I have just bought a detached house. PARADISE.

Advertisement