Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irishman facing 25 years prison in Oz

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

If he had proper sentence received for murdering the Irish lad in Kildare . He’s truly a danger to society. Australia wouldn’t bother him if it was my son he killed and he got a light sentence-little b...x

I don’t know about the case at all, sounds dodgy enough though, I know of one or two dodgy enough criminals that I suspect illegally entered Oz, worked cash in hand for some time, he certainly does sound dangerous, people certainly do fall through the cracks

• Registered Users Posts: 29,555 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

mandrake04 wrote:
    Probably came on a Working Holiday visa, it’s only self declaration of a criminal history as it only a holiday visa. If it was a permanent visa you need a Gardaí certificate.

Yea I know a couple of lads that done this

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. Look quite normal/decent...

Usually these type people have that look off them..

They deffo have a scummy head on a second look

• Registered Users Posts: 15,270 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Before people start universally praising the Australian justice system I'd like to remind them of the late Jill Meagher, an Irish lady who was murdered 8 years ago in Melbourne.

At the time of her death her murderer Adrian Ernest Bayley had a string of convictions for rape and assault going back 20 years, many of which were committed when he was on bail, parole or after having been released early from sentences.

Are the irish in Oz worse than the muslims in Sweden? Discuss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Are the Irish in Oz worse than the Irish in Sweden? Discuss.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,582 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

old_aussie wrote: »
    I hope this piece of gutless SCUM gives the police a reason to use their guns, till the magazines are empty.

Patrick Farrell spent three years in jail for manslaughter over the violent death of 20-year-old student Andrew Dolan in his hometown of Kildare in Ireland in 2011.

The 29-year-old is now wanted by police in New South Wales following two vicious alleged attacks in Sydney's eastern suburbs in August 2020 and November 2019.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8750219/Family-one-punch-victim-question-Irish-killer-allowed-Australia.html

The Daily Mail seems to go out of its way to find any story where the Irish have done something wrong.

Just like any country we have loads of scumbags and yes they are our problem and should be deported back here just like we should be deporting foreigners who commit crime here.

The Daily Mail seems to go out of its way to find any story where the Irish have done something wrong.

Just like any country we have loads of scumbags and yes they are our problem and should be deported back here just like we should be deporting foreigners who commit crime here.

They have an Australia heading on their website - this is news in Australia- it’s not their fault an Irishman has committed a crime over there; their just reporting on it

They have an Australia heading on their website - this is news in Australia- it’s not their fault an Irishman has committed a crime over there; their just reporting on it

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Sam Quentin

No.. but their as bad as some of the ones in London, New York and Boston!? They haven't really 'kicked' of in Canada just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

mandrake04 wrote: »
    Probably came on a Working Holiday visa, it’s only self declaration of a criminal history as it only a holiday visa. If it was a permanent visa you need a Gardaí certificate.

This is the case, the Ozzies could do with some more stringent checks. That self declaration is ridiculous. A lot of our vermin run over there. The majority of Irish there are good people but it's an easy place for the vermin to to.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    This is the case, the Ozzies could do with some more stringent checks. That self declaration is ridiculous. A lot of our vermin run over there. The majority of Irish there are good people but it's an easy place for the vermin to to.

Too much hassle, GDPR and all that rubbish when 99.99% of 10m visitors per year are no problem. Sure there’s two Irish guys currently on trial for kicking an old aboriginal man to death for a bit craic, afaik they didn’t have a criminal history before they came here so stringent checks wouldn’t have made a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭paul71

colm_mcm wrote: »
    She’s a belter.

No, a skank caked in make up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 85 ✭✭macpaccrack

Too much hassle, GDPR and all that rubbish when 99.99% of 10m visitors per year are no problem. Sure there’s two Irish guys currently on trial for kicking an old aboriginal man to death for a bit craic, afaik they didn’t have a criminal history before they came here so stringent checks wouldn’t have made a difference.

It's a strange one though. A lot of Irish are viewed by the general public in Australia as having a propensity to crime, violence and excessive drinking.

Things like not serving Irish groups, bars shutting on St.Patricks Day, extra stringent checks in Irish bars, police at a higher rate coming into known Irish drinking spots with sniffer dogs all happen.

So if your constantly treated like you're a criminal or have the potential to be violent then a lot of people even subconsciously start to act out. The Irish have a really poor reputation in Australia but I feel sometimes when you constantly categorise someone as dangerous and treat them accordingly then don't be surprised when they start to act like how you treat them

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

colm_mcm wrote: »
    She’s a belter.

A belter? A scumbag dollied up, but that's what scumbags love. It's all about appearance... fur coat, no knickers job...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

It's a strange one though. A lot of Irish are viewed by the general public in Australia as having a propensity to crime, violence and excessive drinking.

Things like not serving Irish groups, bars shutting on St.Patricks Day, extra stringent checks in Irish bars, police at a higher rate coming into known Irish drinking spots with sniffer dogs all happen.

So if your constantly treated like you're a criminal or have the potential to be violent then a lot of people even subconsciously start to act out. The Irish have a really poor reputation in Australia but I feel sometimes when you constantly categorise someone as dangerous and treat them accordingly then don't be surprised when they start to act like how you treat them

ummm Intresting...15 years living here and that's not really my experience. Sure a lot of issues if you can call them that is drink related, a reputation of being violent criminals couldn't be further from the truth... excessive drinking and doing dumb shit and making a fool out of yourself maybe but not really hardened criminals.

Maybe back 10 years ago when there were a lot young Irish people escaping from the recession on working holiday visas there was one or two incidents on St Patricks days at places like cock'n'bull where there was fights broke out etc the cops came but that's about it except it hit the irish media and joe Duffy etc. They are really just kids on holiday and the same as places like Spain once they are out of the parrish they can make fools out of themselves very easily. Although most dont.

Sniffer dogs and police checking pubs is normal policing in Australia, at times when when big crowds are present its ripe picking to bring in the dogs in any pub not just those frequented by Irish people. People are not being constantly treated like criminals.

I work in Healthcare and there are lots of Irish Doctors and Nurses who all have professional registrations and any sort of criminality or use of drugs would mean possible refusal to practice, son considering that healthcare and hospital settings is one of the wider industries that most Australians will have interactions with Irish people which I expect it to be mostly positive.

80,000 Irish people in Australia no way the police is harassing them to a life of crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,757 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How the hell did he get a visa to get into Australia after serving time for manslaughter in Ireland.

Yes how :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I don't know what part of Australia you're in but I lived there for nearly 20 years and managed multiple pubs in Sydney. There was no ill will from the public or the cops towards irish people in fact it was the opposite in my experience. I could name 3 or 4 different cultures that are 10 times more difficult to deal with than Irish people.

Nobody subconsciously engages in scumbag behaviour or as you say yourself acts out, its a decision they have made to get in a fight or do criminal damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Honestly would love to know where in Australia you have seen pubs closing on St Patrick's day. Lived there for the best part of a decade and never once heard of anything like that.

You're coming across as if looking to blame terrible behavior by people, who happen to be Irish, on others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Honestly would love to know where in Australia you have seen pubs closing on St Patrick's day. Lived there for the best part of a decade and never once heard of anything like that.

You're coming across as if looking to blame terrible behavior by people, who happen to be Irish, on others.
    Well said. Pubs love St Patricks day over there. It puts a fair amount of cash in the till. The festival at hyde park was always great. A few dopes will always be around but try running a pub on Australia or Anzac day. Aussies are just as bad as us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

You've never been in Oz have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

But she's hot.

She reminds me of The Predator with that scary fivehead and that face.

If you saw her without makeup you'd sh1t yourself......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Sure there’s two Irish guys currently on trial for kicking an old aboriginal man to death for a bit craic, afaik they didn’t have a criminal history before they came here so stringent checks wouldn’t have made a difference.

Both found not guilty of murder and/or manslaughter earlier today.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8754369/Irish-tradies-CLEARED-murdering-homeless-pensioner-booted-Sydney-pub.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Errashareesh

Mango Joe wrote: »
    She reminds me of The Predator with that scary fivehead and that face.

If you saw her without makeup you'd sh1t yourself......
    :D

The lengths people go to to convince themselves that a woman they don't fancy is unsightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Scum

correct, two w**kers from Malin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

correct, two w**kers from Malin

Can't say I know too much about this case, but it seems they were attacked first with a pipe?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Galwayhurl

Not sure if it's been discussed on the thread already but look at this article about another guy called Patrick Farrell:

Farrell was previously caged in Ireland for three years for the killing of 20-year-old Andrew Dolan.

Dolan died ten days after being beaten up in an unprovoked attack in Mullingar, Co Westmeath in December 2011.

Farrell also was alleged to be one of four people involved in an unrelated stabbing attack in Randwick near Sydney in August this year.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/6232606/irish-thug-pleads-guilty-one-punch-attack-australia/

So Patrick Farrell:

a. served 3 years for the death of an innocent man in Mullingar in an unprovoked attack (happened 2011)

b. knocked a man unconsicious as told in the article linked above (happened 2019)

c. was involved in the incident that is the subject of this thread (happened 2020)

Jesus wept. If he had been given a proper sentence for the the killing in Mullingar, the 2 incidents in Australia wouldn't have happened.

Why can't our lawmakers understand that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Can't say I know too much about this case, but it seems they were attacked first with a pipe?

fortunately for them the only person who could give evidence to the contrary is dead.

Advertisement