Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New SIRO estate - EIR available?

• 01-09-2020 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hello,

Moved into a new estate a few months ago and was told that SIRO would be available within a few months. As a weekly habit I have been inputting our eircode into all the web availability checkers awaiting its arrival.

Low and behold as of yesterday, EIR have shown Fibre 1000mb available and the others have nothing (Vodafone/SKY). I spoke to EIR and they informed that the Fibre would be going live this Thursday, and Vodafone confirmed the same but I could not order with Vodafone before it goes live. I assume it's the same with Sky.

My question is - I was under the impression that SIRO was for Sky/Vodfaone/Digiweb only, so how is it now EIR are saying I can get their broadband? Do they piggyback on a different supplier but guarantee their contracts?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Digiweb

Hello,

Moved into a new estate a few months ago and was told that SIRO would be available within a few months. As a weekly habit I have been inputting our eircode into all the web availability checkers awaiting its arrival.

Low and behold as of yesterday, EIR have shown Fibre 1000mb available and the others have nothing (Vodafone/SKY). I spoke to EIR and they informed that the Fibre would be going live this Thursday, and Vodafone confirmed the same but I could not order with Vodafone before it goes live. I assume it's the same with Sky.

My question is - I was under the impression that SIRO was for Sky/Vodfaone/Digiweb only, so how is it now EIR are saying I can get their broadband? Do they piggyback on a different supplier but guarantee their contracts?

Thanks

There are currently two wholesalers providing FTTH which are OpenEir and Siro. Eir don't sell Siro solutions so sounds like whats now available in your estate is OpenEir FTTH rather than Siro. If you'd like to send us a PM can double check

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭smellyoldboot

Hello,

Thanks

SIRO is the greatest pulling of wool over eyes I've ever seen. It's actual availability must be very very limited. 18 months ago they ran the cabling infrastructure up my street, came back about 6 months later and installed terminal boxes on the poles. You can see the bundles dangling in place ever since. Never came back near them. Nobody got a connection to premise from what I can see just dead fiber bundles left to dangle for all eternity.

I'd be vary wary of promises of future SIRO connection. Looks like the usual ****show with cowboys in charge.

Advertisement