Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Anyone who’s thinking of joining 48 I have had years without issue and instead of putting up their prices and giving you less they actually keep prices same and double your allowance . Excellent deal imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Best value out there at the minute by a mile if you are not wedded to your own number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

shardylan wrote: »
    Anyone who’s thinking of joining 48 I have had years without issue and instead of putting up their prices and giving you less they actually keep prices same and double your allowance . Excellent deal imo

Is that only for some people, I didn't get that message.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Just got a mail saying they're doubling the data cap for both memberships, for topups form 8th September on.
    No price increase.

For the 20GB one goes to 40GB, unlimited minutes instead of 300, EU roaming goes from 7GB to 9GB.

40GB one goes to 80GB, unlimited minutes, EU roaming goes from 9GB to 10GB.

(Fair usage of 10,000 text and 10,000 minutes)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Dymo wrote: »

I suspect that it is for everyone but their website might not get updated until 8 September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Best value out there at the minute by a mile if you are not wedded to your own number.

You can port your number no problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Fair dues to 48.
    Now with Gomo, 48 & Virgin plans, it should see the rest following suit shortly, competition is great :D.
    Will need to change the header.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I don't understand - you can port your number to them same as every other network.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Dymo wrote: »

It was about a contract change and possible you’ll get email but I’d imagine it’s for anyone who has a contract with them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Is there any problem with tethering/Hotspot, like there used to be with Three?

I have a Three 4G mast less than 1km from me so I'd be tempted, much as I don't like or trust Three.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

loyatemu wrote: »
    I don't understand - you can port your number to them same as every other network.

I think if you want to leave them, you can't take your number with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Haven't ever heard any general rule like that for 48, sometimes a port might get stuck but that's no different to any other network.

In any case, all networks must allow number portability with the other networks and if they don't comply then complain to Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I moved my son's number from 48 to GoMo, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Is there any problem with tethering/Hotspot, like there used to be with Three?

I have a Three 4G mast less than 1km from me so I'd be tempted, much as I don't like or trust Three.

Hotspot worked fine for me on 48.

Wow ... The 48.ie website is now updated.

Their new package is €7.99 per month

- 100 GB
    - unlimited calls
    - unlimited texts
    - 10 GB EU data

WOW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭you2008

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Fair dues to 48.
    Now with Gomo, 48 & Virgin plans, it should see the rest following suit shortly, competition is great :D.
    Will need to change the header.

ye ye, not see the F*** VD has any movement :D:D (my phone is locked with VD :()

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

JTMan wrote: »

- 100 GB
    - unlimited calls
    - unlimited texts
    - 10 GB EU data

WOW!!

Doesn’t seem to be available to existing customers, I still only see the €9.99 and €14.99 memberships when I try to switch

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

- 100 GB
    - unlimited calls
    - unlimited texts
    - 10 GB EU data

WOW!!

That's an excellent deal. I wonder if this is for new signups only or will it be rolled out to existing members (I don't see it as an option on my48)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

Darwin wrote: »
    That's an excellent deal. I wonder if this is for new signups only or will it be rolled out to existing members (I don't see it as an option on my48)

Looks like new memberships only on a short term basis, similar to gomo. Then if assume will change to standard new plans of 9.99 and 14.99. you could always port out and back again

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Is 7.99 per month the price for 6 month, one year, or life contract. Is it paid as a monthly direct debit or top up cards. I might get it from my teenagers if it’s just a sign up with no monthly maintenance and does not increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

The new €7.99 is still better than the current contracts

b027c2c264af56ec9703a89bd27e1202.png

I'm on the 9.99 plan is there any reason not to change contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

- 100 GB
    - unlimited calls
    - unlimited texts
    - 10 GB EU data

WOW!!
    Bye bye Gomo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

100GB Membership

This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on sim packaging on https://48.ie/activate-sim) and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 10th November 2020 (Offer Period”). If your first 100GB membership purchase is during the Offer Period, you can continue to purchase this 100GB membership until such time as you leave the 48 service. However if you switch to another 48 membership you will not be permitted to switch back to the 100GB membership.
    https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

• Registered Users Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Soarer

So this old man can understand....

1. Order Sim.
    2. Sim arrives.
    3. Activate Sim.
    4. Top up account (either online or on phone) by €7.99.
    5. Purchase 100gb membership.
    6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 until you want to leave 48.

Sound about right?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

I ordered a SIM to try it out, everything went well, got my 1 GB allowance for 7 days, great coverage compared to GoMo (4G+ inside my house) so I decided to port my number. Got on to 48 chat, made the porting request and it was done inside 20 minutes.

However now when I want to go and buy a membership, it's telling me "Sorry you are not allowed to purchase memberships, since you have a Bundle in progress" - I got back on to 48 chat and apparently they need to fix something which might take up to 10 days! Meanwhile my 1 GB has ran out. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Is there any information about whether the plan pricing is for lifetime similar to how GoMo's was? I can't see anything to say if it is or isn't on the site?

I don't want to leave my GoMo plan if they raise the price above €10 in 6 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Current telling me im trying to order a SIM from outside of Ireland. Ive no VPN/Proxy setup so not sure why that is.

EDIT: Was able to order a sim from my mobile phone web browser, but not my home PC or work laptop. hmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Current telling me im trying to order a SIM from outside of Ireland. Ive no VPN/Proxy setup so not sure why that is.

I had the same problem in Chrome, worked in Firefox no problem.

• Advertisement

Does all minutes include calls to landlines?

Advertisement