Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Anybody know what network prefix to they give you if you want a new number from them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Excerpt...
    But if they leave or stop paying, they’ll only be allowed back at 48’s existing low-data, low minutes tariffs, at either €10 or €15 per month.

The terms don't mention that, it says...
    ...you can continue to purchase this 100GB membership until such time as you leave the 48 service. However if you switch to another 48 membership you will not be permitted to switch back to the 100GB membership.
    ...nothing there about "stop paying" or break between buying memberships.

It would be unusual for a network to force a plan change for not buying a bundle in consecutive months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Does all minutes include calls to landlines?

Yes

web site won't let me order a SIM, keeps telling me I'm ordering from outside Ireland... Will try again later!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

web site won't let me order a SIM, keeps telling me I'm ordering from outside Ireland... Will try again later!

Did that for me on PC and Laptop (Chrome and Firefox)

Ordered from my phone and it worked.

• Advertisement

Did that for me on PC and Laptop (Chrome and Firefox)

Ordered from my phone and it worked.

Just hangs on my phone now, might be quieter later on and I'll try to order SIM then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭irishchris

How long do these takes to arrive as ordered two days ago and got expect it soon email last night but not with post today unfortunately?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭HorseSea

I wanted to order this for my mothers phone, just the occasional call. It'a a brick and I see it says "Our 48 App is the only way to use all the features we have to offer." Can I install it and just use for calls without any apps etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

irishchris wrote: »
    How long do these takes to arrive as ordered two days ago and got expect it soon email last night but not with post today unfortunately?

I would allow for 4–5 days if my own experience is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭leemaree

JTMan wrote: »

I seen this article. What about there coverage? Are they any good?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Straight forward ordering process on the mobile.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Just a word of warning about the data. I have the old 9.99 package moved over the 1st of September. Did a speed test and it's pretty woeful. 2.74 download and 1.59 upload that's with lte.

Kilsmum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I know people have been using 48 for years...

But then an offer like this that sounds too good to be true comes out, it has to be worth a go

• Registered Users Posts: 25,268 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I assume yis all are getting rewarded
    If you get a friend to join, we’ll give each of you a free month’s membership.
    Once you’re both on 48, you can swap data to help each other out.
    https://48.ie/recruit-and-reward

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

DopeTech wrote: »
    Bye bye Gomo!

I’d keep with GoMo.better network

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭peejay1986

I only signed up to 14.99 plan yesterday FFS!

How do I get this new offer? Order a new SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Current telling me im trying to order a SIM from outside of Ireland. Ive no VPN/Proxy setup so not sure why that is.

EDIT: Was able to order a sim from my mobile phone web browser, but not my home PC or work laptop. hmmm

I got the same - got on to web chat and they ordered the sim for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭MickH503

peejay1986 wrote: »
    I only signed up to 14.99 plan yesterday FFS!

How do I get this new offer? Order a new SIM?
    My membership is due tomorrow ... I got on to chat and they say this offer is not available for current customers :(

I wanted to order this for my mothers phone, just the occasional call. It'a a brick and I see it says "Our 48 App is the only way to use all the features we have to offer." Can I install it and just use for calls without any apps etc?

You don't need the app to use the call/text/data allowances. If it's a non smartphone then just use calls and text and manage the account for her using the web portal.

MickH503 wrote: »
    My membership is due tomorrow ... I got on to chat and they say this offer is not available for current customers :(

Same answer I got.

My renewal is 7th October. I'll order a new SIM and set up a new account just before then to avail of the new offer.

Annoying I have to do this but will be worth it in the long run.

• Advertisement

My membership is due tomorrow ... I got on to chat and they say this offer is not available for current customers

Wonder is it possible to set up a new account, order a SIM, then port current SIM number out and back in to the new SIM.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Wonder is it possible to set up a new account, order a SIM, then port current SIM number out and back in to the new SIM.

Order a free eir SIM and a new 48 SIM. Port over to eir and then once that's done port back to the new 48 SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭gipi

Order a free eir SIM and a new 48 SIM. Port over to eir and then once that's done port back to the new 48 SIM.

Will that work? When you register with 48 won't that identify you as a non-new customer? (Or am I overthinking it?!)

In a similar position myself, ported to 48 only a month ago and was delighted when my data was doubled from tomorrow's renewal....till I saw this thread!

Will that work? When you register with 48 won't that identify you as a non-new customer? (Or am I overthinking it?!)

That's the issue....they're disadvantaging existing customers....which is a bit odd IMO....it would be like Gomo reducing their price back to 9.99 and telling anyone paying 12.99 to suck it up.....a strange implementation of reverse loyalty where the earlier you joined the more you pay.

It's a good way to lure Gomo customers who would possibly have switched to 48 at 9.99 when they updated that plan to include 40GB and unlimited calls.

gipi wrote: »

In a similar position myself, ported to 48 only a month ago and was delighted when my data was doubled from tomorrow's renewal....till I saw this thread!

You would just need to use a new email address to sign up for the new 48 SIM. If you have a Gmail address you can insert a full stop into it and it will be recognised as a new address but you'll receive the mail's as normal.

Joebloggs@gmail.com
    Joe.bloggs@gmail.com
    Jo.ebloggs@gmail.com

All will deliver to the same mailbox.

They probably only have the plan available on the newer batches of sims hence why existing people can't get it. I could be wrong but it's worth a try. Won't cost anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Is it possible to top up by more than the membership price? The reason I ask is to activate iMessage a text is sent to a UK number so you need credit to do that.

You would just need to use a new email address to sign up for the new 48 SIM. If you have a Gmail address you can insert a full stop into it and it will be recognised as a new address but you'll receive the mail's as normal.

Joebloggs@gmail.com
    Joe.bloggs@gmail.com
    Jo.ebloggs@gmail.com

All will deliver to the same mailbox.

They probably only have the plan available on the newer batches of sims hence why existing people can't get it. I could be wrong but it's worth a try. Won't cost anything.

Essentially what I'm doing but I wasn't planning on using sir to port the number there first. I was just hoping to port my number (with 48) over to new account with 48.

I was just hoping to port my number (with 48) over to new account with 48.

That won't work, you need to port current number out to another network and then port back in to the new SIM.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    That won't work, you need to port out to another network and then port back in.

Yes, correct. Asked again to 48 and they confirmed this.

Will need to port elsewhere, then back to Eir. Pain in the hole

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭gipi

Will porting to Lycamobile work? Just working out the easiest cheapest option

Advertisement