Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Lads...

I've been told because I was with them years ago that I am still considered a existing member so am not entitled to the €8 for new members what the actual fcuk

I left them years ago for 3 and have been with various networks and just ported back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Order another SIM (via someone's referral link if you want). Use a new email address.

Not sure what to do with your number, port that to Lyca temporarily and port back in later...another poster did it that way and was only off 48 for an hour or so.

Did you use your previous login or just re use the email on a new account?

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Order another SIM (via someone's referral link if you want). Use a new email address.

Not sure what to do with your number, port that to Lyca temporarily and port back in later...another poster did it that way.

Did you use your previous login or just re use the email on a new account?

I used my old email on new account I think the agent says the system sees the email and considers it an old membership

So I basically I have to go through the whole lot again

Port over to someone else
    Order another 48 SIM
    Port back again

What a complete and utter disaster

Did you buy a 7.99 membership or were you waiting until after porting?

Did you buy a 7.99 membership or were you waiting until after porting?

Was waiting til after porting

I have made a new account with new email and ordered another sim

I have ordered an eir prepay sim

Am I right in thinking when I have both I port to eir sim then port back to the new 48 SIM and account is that ok does everyone think?

• Advertisement

- Activate new 48 SIM
    - Buy membership
    - Port number from existing SIM to Eir (Lyca SIMs are easier to get in Spar, Centra etc). Don't port back to 48 before buying membership, that may have been the problem along with the email address.

Having said that another poster reused an old address but had changed it on the old account before signing up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Ported to eir from 48 last week, then ported back to 48 this week for 7.99 offer.

All was working fine but just noticed I've no service last 20 minutes or so

sibersha wrote: »
    Ported to eir from 48 last week, then ported back to 48 this week for 7.99 offer.

All was working fine but just noticed I've no service last 20 minutes or so

Same, would have no phone so bought the €10 48 membership for this month until I get sorted

Worked fine for a bit now zero coverage

- Activate new 48 SIM
    - Buy membership
    - Port number from existing SIM to Eir (Lyca SIMs are easier to get in Spar, Centra etc). Don't port back to 48 before buying membership, that may have been the problem along with the email address.

Having said that another poster reused an old address but had changed it on the old account before signing up again.

I assume when I port to eir I don't need to buy credit before I port back? Thinking of doing it over a 24 your period

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Same, would have no phone so bought the €10 48 membership for this month until I get sorted

Worked fine for a bit now zero coverage

Looks like service is back, I can make calls and sent texts but mobile data is not working for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

sibersha wrote: »
    Looks like service is back, I can make calls and sent texts but mobile data is not working for me.

I running dual SIM Gomo and 48. Data dropped out on 48 a little while ago. It shows fill bars with the data set to Gomo, but as soon as I switch data to 48 it drops.

I've switched off auto renew. I think I'll stick with Gomo.

I assume when I port to eir I don't need to buy credit before I port back? Thinking of doing it over a 24 your period

Not sure TBH, probably not.

Testimony of porting from 48 to Lyca and back with no top up...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114652569&postcount=725

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

48 and Tesco mobile data seems to be down at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Three's Data Network is down the past hour or so.

Not sure TBH, probably not.

Testimony of porting from 48 to Lyca and back with no top up...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114652569&postcount=725

Thanks very much

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

- Activate new 48 SIM
    - Buy membership

I reused an old email address without issue but I haven't ported in a number that was on 48 before. Also, I had to log into the old 48 account and change my email there before I could use use that email signing up for a new account so I don't see how reusing an email that was registered with 48 before could have caused the other poster's issue.

I'm thinking it was porting in a number that was previously on 48 was their undoing. Hopefully, as you suggest, buying the €7.99 membership before porting in the number will solve the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why is it so hit miss :mad:

Around 3pm I was getting 2mb download speeds and now I'm getting 100mb+.
    I'm on the trial period at the moment but I'm probably not going to switch as speeds are all over the place too much.

Screenshot-20200927-170531.jpg

blade1 wrote: »
    Why is it so hit miss :mad:

Around 3pm I was getting 2mb download speeds and now I'm getting 100mb+.
    I'm on the trial period at the moment but I'm probably not going to switch as speeds are all over the place too much.

Screenshot-20200927-170531.jpg

Network is over subscribed, speeds are probably good now as alot of users have no data access.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Three have a major outage today, 48 use three network

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Three have a major outage today, 48 use three network

Mobile operators down as Three tries to fix network outage

Adrian Weckler
    September 27 2020 05:11 PM
    Several of the country’s mobile operators are down after Three said that it has undergone an outage.
    Customers of Three, Virgin Media and Tesco Mobile have taken to social media platforms to complain to the operators about a loss of data connectivity.

Three carries 68pc of the country’s mobile data and is the base network used by four other operators — Tesco Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Lycamobile and 48.

“We're aware Three customers are experiencing difficulty with loss of service today, we're working to get this fixed as quickly as possible,” a Three customer service agent tweeted today to people asking what was going on.

Independent.ie has contacted Three and is awaiting a further statement.

Read More
    Ask Adrian: Our technology editor tackles your trickiest tech problems
    These are the three best-value Irish mobile operator deals
    Four counties are being considered for further restrictions, Health Minister confirms
    Online Editors

Sponsored Content
    Face Masks with 5 Layer Filters
    TheMobilityShop.ie Ireland
    This lady in a wheelchair couldn't climb the stairs, but watch what happens when she pushes the…
    Tips-and-tricks.co
    This Bride Fainted During Her Ceremony All Because Her Groom Showed Her This Picture
    This Bride Fainted During Her Ceremony All Because Her Groom Showed Her This Picture
    TrendsCatchers
    Are You Looking For an Electric Car? Search For The Price Here
    electricitysuppliers.site
    by
    Related Content

Technology

Technology
    Read More Top Stories

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Network is over subscribed, speeds are probably good now as alot of users have no data access.

Yeah I think I'll stick to gomo.
    I have constantly 25-40mb speeds so that's good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Do ye find comreg good in checking mobile coverage?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

tv3tg4 wrote: »

Yes and no, it's fairly accurate but just because you have 4g signal doesn't automatically mean you will have good speeds. I had 4g yesterday while out on my travels and at one stage couldn't load a page. Will give it another few days to see if it's just teething problems with all the new joiners or related to 3's outage. If I'm still facing them problems in a week or two I think I'll be moving elsewhere.

It's a theoretical map based on mast locations and possibly topography. It doesn't indicate real world connection quality. AFAIK the Comreg map is just an amalgamation of each networks own map.

Only way to get an idea of each networks coverage is to get a SIM and try it out.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

tv3tg4 wrote: »

Nope.
    It’s states I have very good signal on gomo where I live.
    I can categorically state I have no bars and only 600m from a cell tower.

Constant call Cather texts and voicemail notifications 2 days after the event.

I swapped to 48 last week. 3 bars, and so,etimes LTE in my kitchen now. I had no bars last week on gomo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Mobile operators down as Three tries to fix network outage

Adrian Weckler
    September 27 2020 05:11 PM
    Several of the country’s mobile operators are down after Three said that it has undergone an outage.
    Customers of Three, Virgin Media and Tesco Mobile have taken to social media platforms to complain to the operators about a loss of data connectivity.

Three carries 68pc of the country’s mobile data and is the base network used by four other operators — Tesco Mobile, Virgin Mobile, Lycamobile and 48.

“We're aware Three customers are experiencing difficulty with loss of service today, we're working to get this fixed as quickly as possible,” a Three customer service agent tweeted today to people asking what was going on.

Independent.ie has contacted Three and is awaiting a further statement.

Read More
    Four counties are being considered for further restrictions, Health Minister confirms
    Online Editors

Sponsored Content
    TheMobilityShop.ie Ireland
    This lady in a wheelchair couldn't climb the stairs, but watch what happens when she pushes the…
    Tips-and-tricks.co
    TrendsCatchers
    electricitysuppliers.site
    by
    Related Content

Technology

Technology
    Read More Top Stories

According to Adrian Weckler on Independent.ie, the problem that caused the outage on Three Ireland's network was subsequently fixed and this was said to have been confirmed by Three Ireland after 6pm on Sunday evening 27th September.

Source:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/three-fixes-network-outage-that-left-customers-without-service-39566341.html

I wonder will there be a 5G add on now that Three have enabled 5G

This form an article back in June

"5G is “also in the plans” for the 48 service, executives say, even though Three has not yet launched its 5G service in Ireland."

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Has anyone figured out the trick to get the chat button to appear? Can't access 48 chat at all at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Has anyone figured out the trick to get the chat button to appear? Can't access 48 chat at all at the moment.

In the app. ..... Support = contact an agent = chat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭muffinhead

jarvis wrote: »
    Quick question. I’ve got an active €7.99 plan. I’ve now also got €8 credit. If I use that €8 to buy a membership will it stack up the membership or with the month start again from today? I’ve 18 days left on my current membership.

Yes you can buy memberships in advance and stack them. On the Memberships page select the 100GB Membership and there should be an option to pay with your credit.

Today I used my €7.99 recruit credit to buy a membership for next month and it has appeared as upcoming on the Memberships page (see attachment).

Advertisement