Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Quick question, I switched from Vodafone PAYG to 48, happy with the service so far. One thing though, iMessage & Facetime are not working on iPhone 7, message says waiting for number'activation', anyone experience similar issues ?
    AFAIK it needs to send a text to a UK number to activate. You'll need to top up by a minimum of one euro to cover the 7 cent cost of the text.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Plascebo

Apologies if already asked and answered. Can you link the direct debit to revolut?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Plascebo wrote: »
    Apologies if already asked and answered. Can you link the direct debit to revolut?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Ten Pin wrote: »
    AFAIK it needs to send a text to a UK number to activate. You'll need to top up by a minimum of one euro to cover the 7 cent cost of the text.

Working now, thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

How long does it usually take for the sim to arrive? Ordered mine 2 days ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 470 ✭✭TetraSonic55

Took 4 days for mine, 5 for another

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

My brother is waiting 3 weeks for Sims for him and his wife.
    I was waiting 2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

3d4life wrote: »
    Looks to me like Three Irl and Liffey Telecom have the same H.O. address :)
    They may well do, but they are separating the data with different APN's for 3 and the virtuals. When I referred to past incidents with LT, I was an O2 customer before using TM and the difference between both in terms of data speeds and reliability was night and day. It was so bad and I can only assume they have well gotten on top of it since otherwise nobody would touched them now.

Eir and Gomo use the same APN's for all customers

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭tiredblondie

Tried out the SIM card in Ballyfermot in Dublin, barely got 2mb speed - shame that as it's a good deal if you can get decent speeds!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭BullBauld

Switched over to 48 today. Activated sim etc but I've no data whatsoever.
    Can't see what the issue is.
    Any ideas?

• Advertisement

BullBauld wrote: »
    Switched over to 48 today. Activated sim etc but I've no data whatsoever.
    Can't see what the issue is.
    Any ideas?

Sorted. I hadn't the APN set.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,007 ✭✭✭opus

Finally got round to trying the 48 SIM in my router, definitely a non-runner for me anyway but will keep onto the SIM in case of future improvements This is on the northside of Cork City using a Huawei B525 with external antenna (just rabbit ear things screwed onto the box).

527929.jpg

GoMo
    527930.jpg

Wish I could get the 100Mb+ speed that GoMo had in Ballincollig, maybe one of these years.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

opus wrote: »
    Finally got round to trying the 48 SIM in my router, definitely a non-runner for me anyway but will keep onto the SIM in case of future improvements This is on the northside of Cork City using a Huawei B525 with external antenna (just rabbit ear things screwed onto the box).

527929.jpg

GoMo
    527930.jpg

Wish I could get the 100Mb+ speed that GoMo had in Ballincollig, maybe one of these years.

Maybe you should try an aerial outside the house. Saw a few separate thread about that.
    Is that the best router? Thinking of doing the same.

lighthouse wrote: »
    Maybe you should try an aerial outside the house. Saw a few separate thread about that.
    Is that the best router? Thinking of doing the same.

The GoMo speedtest in Ballincollig was just on my phone sitting in the car, it's never even close to that in town anytime I've run the speedtest app. In fact as I type this it's ~27Mb down/28Mb up on the phone pretty similar to the router.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

opus wrote: »

527929.jpg

GoMo
    527930.jpg

Try it with out the rabbit ears I have the same router it's better with out them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

Ten Pin wrote: »
    In general, APN settings only needs the following entries....

APN Name: 48
    APN: 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: default
    (or leave blank)

All other entries can remain 'not set' or blank.

MMS settings only affect MMS and are not needed for data to work.

Problems with data connectivity could be because of retained settings from previous SIMs used in the phone.

Generally 3 and 48 aren't that fussy about the APN and will accept anything entered as long as MCC and MNC are correct.

Also check that Data Roaming is ON

Great post, this solved 2 problems for me, i couldnt start a speed test through browser and i was getting 50mb down. Now i can run the test through browser and got 114mb through app.

I also got a call from vodafone during the week, wanted to know why i left but they already knew that anyway. They are feeling this, they need to change or this will hit them hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Great so far but I'm having trouble receiving texts from a UK number.

When I sign into my VPN for working at home I always got a text with a code to log in and this came from a UK number.

Any settings need to be changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

Anyone know if it's possible to revert a port over in a "cooling off" type clause ? Swapped over from gomo but seems like I can't text short code numbers (e.g. radio stations) which is a bit rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

logically wrote: »
    Anyone know if it's possible to revert a port over in a "cooling off" type clause ? Swapped over from gomo but seems like I can't text short code numbers (e.g. radio stations) which is a bit rubbish.

Do you have additional credit in your account to text these? They're usually 20c a pop or the likes... GoMo isn't a PAYG network hence can take the additional costs from your account if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

rizzee wrote: »
    Do you have additional credit in your account to text these? They're usually 20c a pop or the likes... GoMo isn't a PAYG network hence can take the additional costs from your account if needed.

Ah, this might be it alright as I don't have any extra credit on there - I just bought the 7.99 membership . Thanks for suggestion !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

How important is the APN settings to be displayed?
    On my iPhone they are blank.

Data still working out and about though.

527985.png

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What's further up the screen?

MMS APNs are only for MMS

Hotspot may not work without Hotspot APN filled in.

But neither of those APNs affect phone data, as long as the mobile / cellular data APN is entered. Is that blank?

naughto wrote: »
    Try it with out the rabbit ears I have the same router it's better with out them

I've a dual SIM phone so used that when I trying out 48 both at home & out and about. GoMo is way more consistent, 48 was sometimes a good bit faster but when it was slow, it was terrible.

As for the router, I've tried all combinations for the antenna settings & having both as external works the best for my location.

All good for me so far since I switched yesterday.
    Out in the sticks this morning :eek:

Screenshot-20201001-085622.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

Ah, this might be it alright as I don't have any extra credit on there - I just bought the 7.99 membership . Thanks for suggestion !

You can top up online with a card. Any amount from €1 up. All networks don’t include premium texts in their unlimited text offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭jarvis

You can top up online with a card. Any amount from €1 up. All networks don’t include premium texts in their unlimited text offering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

blade1 wrote: »
    All good for me so far since I switched yesterday.
    Out in the sticks this morning :eek:

Screenshot-20201001-085622.jpg

What phone are you using?

What phone are you using?

OnePlus 6t, and I've just noticed does my signal says H+ on that screenshot.:eek:

Problem here sending text messages. Have APN , MCC, MMC etc filled out so dunno what the issue is.
    Roaming is also on.

Any ideas?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

BullBauld wrote: »
    Problem here sending text messages. Have APN , MCC, MMC etc filled out so dunno what the issue is.
    Roaming is also on.

Any ideas?

Are they to numbers not included in your plan? I.e to an international number or a short code number like 53106 which would cost money and need you to have credit on your account to cover it?

Advertisement