Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭PukkaStukka

Got my trial SIM this morning but could not log into the 48 portal to activate it. Did a password reset several times using simple and complex passwords. Anyone encountered similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got my trial SIM this morning but could not log into the 48 portal to activate it. Did a password reset several times using simple and complex passwords. Anyone encountered similar?

Are you trying through the browser? Sometimes the app doesn't work well.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

DopeTech wrote: »
    I thought 3 didn't work in 2g only mode but maybe i'm wrong
    Originally this was the case but certainly at least since the O2 takeover, Three SIMs work in most (but not all older) 2G phones. I've a Three SIM in a Nokia 105 which is as basic a 2G phone as you can get. Likewise, my 48 SIM also works in that phone.

Are you trying through the browser? Sometimes the app doesn't work well.
    both app and browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Car buyer. wrote: »
    Hi just checking if hotspot is working with 48?

Turned it on the phone but I'm getting an X over the WiFi symbol on the android box when I'm connected

Maybe I'm missing something obvious thanks?

I tried to tether mine- wouldnt allow it- would be an issue for me - so wont be switching over just yet...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

martyc5674 wrote: »
    I tried to tether mine- wouldnt allow it- would be an issue for me - so wont be switching over just yet...

Mine works no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

I’m trying to help an older person switch over from Vodafone. The new sim came and they put it in the phone and opted to port their number.

A prompt said they should get a text and enter the code but no text has come in, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I’m trying to help an older person switch over from Vodafone. The new sim came and they put it in the phone and opted to port their number.

A prompt said they should get a text and enter the code but no text has come in, any ideas?

Its sent to the old number

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

IMO you should pick NEW NUMBER when activating the SIM to test signal, call quality etc for a few days before porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 longcock

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Three were 3G only when they started up. At some point they had a 2G roaming agreement with Vodafone but that ended when Three bought O2. O2s network had/has 2G signal which is still available.

Spot on Ten Pin, Three were only a 3G operator but with Three's purchase of O2 they acquired it's 2G network also. 2G is going to be a short lived network in any case with operator's worldwide switching it off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

blade1 wrote: »
    Its sent to the old number

Seems so obvious now but thanks a million for the help, worked perfectly.

both app and browser

Use the chat now feature on their website. They will be able to help.

blade1 wrote: »
    Mine works no problem

Hmm..iPhone?? (mines an iPhone 6s- works perfect normally with 3)

When i go to Personal Hotspot i get the following message
    "To Enable personal hotspot on this account, Contact Carrier"

Marty.

No issues with hotspot on Android on 48 anyway. As mentioned above only Vodafone charge for using the hotspot apn.

Hmm..iPhone?? (mines an iPhone 6s- works perfect normally with 3)

When i go to Personal Hotspot i get the following message
    "To Enable personal hotspot on this account, Contact Carrier"

Marty.

This might fix it...
    http://48months.tweakker.com/choose/Apple

Or try the 48 forum, others on iPhone have similar issue...
    https://community.48.ie/
    https://community.48.ie/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?location=Category:top&mobilefilter=none&q=IPhone+hotspot

Ten Pin wrote: »

Thanks a mill- that worked :)

Had to go to cellular data and put 48months.liffeyvalley.com into the APN field for Cellular MMS and Personal Hotspot- rebooted phone and it worked.

Marty

Got it sorted. It doesn't like special characters. Once I set a longish one stripped of special characters and just used bog standard alphanumeric ones, it was fine

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Anyone know how long it takes for Recruiter credit to show up on the Recruiter's account? I received a Recruiter sim after joining up and a relative then bought their membership through it, but it doesn't show on my account, though they have already received their €8 credit in their account.

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes for Recruiter credit to show up on the Recruiter's account? I received a Recruiter sim after joining up and a relative then bought their membership through it, but it doesn't show on my account, though they have already received their €8 credit in their account.

I may be wrong but I thought it was instant. I'd contact the live chat and ask

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Can you keep your existing number

• Advertisement

Happy4all wrote: »
    Can you keep your existing number

Yes, you can port it in if/when you want. Otherwise you can keep the 089 number on the sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭jimmad

Anyone get this working on a 4g router? Set the apn and pin number but won't connect?

jimmad wrote: »
    Anyone get this working on a 4g router? Set the apn and pin number but won't connect?

Not me personally but a few people got it working. Maybe disable the sim pin altogether and double-check the apn settings.

Have sim, phone unlocked. Entered code. Then asking me do I want to keep number which I go yes , it says it is texting me a pin but nothing arriving by text, anyone else have this problem?

Have sim, phone unlocked. Entered code. Then asking me do I want to keep number which I go yes , it says it is texting me a pin but nothing arriving by text, anyone else have this problem?

The pin is sent to the old number to prove it's yours to move.

The pin is sent to the old number to prove it's yours to move.

Sorry it is asking me to enter the security code we have just sent you by text

But I am not receiving any text

Sorry it is asking me to enter the security code we have just sent you by text

But I am not receiving any text

Yes, it's not sent to the 48 sim. It's sent to the sim of the number you want to move. Have you still got that sim in the phone?

You don't have to port immediately, try it out first with a new number and port in a few days if coverage is good.

48 recommend porting during working hours M-F 8am-6pm, Sat-Sun 10am-4pm.

Yes, it's not sent to the 48 sim. It's sent to the sim of the number you want to move. Have you still got that sim in the phone?

No I have the new sim in, I have the old sim, can put it back in

• Advertisement

Thank you so much for the help. Got code putting old sim back in. Do I now have to put the new 48 sim back in to activate it?

Advertisement