Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Happy4all wrote: »
    Thank you so much for the help. Got code putting old sim back in. Do I now have to put the new 48 sim back in to activate it?

No need to insert the 48 sim until your signal on your old sim dies. Porting will start again at 10am tomorrow morning so it should be around then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Got my sim and have 3 choices, why would you choose the 14.99 or the 9.99 plan over the 7.99 one? What am I missing? The 7.99 one is way better no?

PqABYam.png

Got my sim and have 3 choices, why would you choose the 14.99 or the 9.99 plan over the 7.99 one? What am I missing? The 7.99 one is way better no?

PqABYam.png

7.99 is the best. They probably just haven't removed them because the plans are still available to existing customers. It is a bit weird they haven't hidden them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,392 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is it free calls to every network including landlines?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Headshot wrote: »
    Yes, but not premium lines or 50XXX-type numbers. Landlines in NI, if you use the Irish rather than the UK prefix (but not mobile networks, obviously, unless you buy a top-up).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Yes,
    Within the ROI as far as I am aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

peckerhead wrote: »
    Yes, but not premium lines or 50XXX-type numbers. Landlines in NI, if you use the Irish rather than the UK prefix (but not mobile networks, obviously, unless you buy a top-up).

Can you explain that one to me please?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,273 ✭✭✭✭zell12

vectra wrote: »
    Can you explain that one to me please?
    Irish 048xxxxx
    rather than UK 0044xxx
    https://community.48.ie/t5/Most-Popular-Questions/Calling-Northern-Ireland-landlines/td-p/36760

All you need to know about the €7.99 plan.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-7-99-Promo-Offer/ta-p/53417

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

The code they send me by text to transfer my old number keeps failing as incorrect code yet I have used it exact as texted

Is there a phone number you can ring for customer support?

• Advertisement

The code they send me by text to transfer my old number keeps failing as incorrect code yet I have used it exact as texted

Is there a phone number you can ring for customer support?

Request it again. They are usually only valid for a few minutes.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Request it again. They are usually only valid for a few minutes.

Done it several times and keeps failing.

I get the text on the old sim

I then put in new sim and use code but comes up incorrect each time.

I have now entered my old phone number I want to transfer and it says that it is not a valid number!

I have now entered my old phone number I want to transfer and it says that it is not a valid number!

Best you contact live chat so. They will sort you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Are you entering the texted code in the website?

Is old number still active on old network?

Did you use the new number at all or still at activation process?

If the SIM isn't yet activated with signal showing, it might be better to just activate the SIM with a new number and port later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Try 0000 for pin?

Try 0000 for pin?

The SIM PIN is on the card attached to the SIM. Unlikely to be 0000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

OK so now have my phone moved from Tesco to 48 over 2 weeks now and can report the service is excellent, Coverage great.
    Just moved my son over today from 3, So far saving €20 per month.
    The network is cheap and cheerfull but for €7.99 per month you can't go wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Lads I cant find it back in the thread.

Can anyone here confirm if they use the same card to pay for 2 or more memberships?

I have my card for mine and it successfully added now for my mams account but when I try to buy the membership it says problem with card transaction

Plenty of money in account and card numbers Def correct

castle2012 wrote: »
    OK so now have my phone moved from Tesco to 48 over 2 weeks now and can report the service is excellent, Coverage great.
    Just moved my son over today from 3, So far saving €20 per month.
    The network is cheap and cheerfull but for €7.99 per month you can't go wrong.

Been with them 3 weeks now and except for the 2 outages 3 had last week it's been fine (fingers crossed they are the last for a while). Speeds do fluctuate more than gomo/other networks but haven't been an issue yet. If you're not using it as a hotspot then 100gb should be fine for most. Will be sticking with this until 5g is widespread and a good 5g offer comes up. I imagine I'll be waiting a while for that.

• Advertisement

Can anyone here confirm if they use the same card to pay for 2 or more memberships?

I have my card for mine and it successfully added now for my mams account but when I try to buy the membership it says problem with card transaction

I wouldn't imagine they would block a payment like that. I'd contact them on live chat and ask as your mam.

Try the website option, no need to log in but card details need to be entered for each transaction. It might give an error but just retry and it should go through..
    check your account after a failed transaction to make sure it hasn't been charged.

https://48.ie/gift-shop

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Try the website option, no need to log in but card details need to be entered for each transaction. It might give an error but just retry and it should go through..
    check your account after a failed transaction to make sure it hasn't been charged.

https://48.ie/gift-shop

Thanks. I am doing it via the website alright

I only activated the sim there a half hour ago. It brings me to the 1GB data my 48 so I assume it's good to go but I'll leave it a few hours and try again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

Should be ok, I used to pay for 3 memberships using the same debit card.

Worked via the app and not the site, same old 48 I remember

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Car buyer.

Am I right in thinking it doesn't matter what name and email you.use when ordering the SIM

You can set it up differently when you get it?

Car buyer. wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking it doesn't matter what name and email you.use when ordering the SIM

You can set it up differently when you get it?

Yeah you can edit both name and email address on My48.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If I order 4 Sims for family members do they all get a free month and I get one month aswell?

blade1 wrote: »
    If I order 4 Sims for family members do they all get a free month and I get one month aswell?

If you order the recruiter sims and give them to them then they all get a free month after the buy the first month. And you get 7.99 credit for each sim they activate.

• Advertisement

Yes....you have to buy membership first and then both you and they get credit when they buy membership.

Advertisement