Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

NATLOR wrote: »
    I was on 48 a few years back, have ordered a sim using different email address but number to be ported is still the same,anyone know will that be an issue in terms of getting the 8 euro plan

im waiting on the sim. didne even use a different email address. Exact same account

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

JTMan wrote: »
    Did you register the SIM on 48.ie?

Did you manually input and save the APN settings?

no how do u do that i only want to test it for moment

Different phones may not require all of these, or they may be worded slightly differently. If you’re unable to edit the current settings, press the Menu key or icon to add a new APN.

1. Name- 48 Internet
    2. APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    3. Proxy - Not set
    4. Port - Not set
    5. Username - user
    6. Password - Not set
    7. Server - Not set
    8. MMSC - http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    9. MMS proxy - 10.1.11.19
    10. MMS port - 8080
    11. MCC - 272
    12. MNC - 11
    13. Authentication type - PAP
    14. APN type - default, supl, MMS
    You will then need to save it and check if you can access Mobile Data.

i did all this when i went to save it, i was left with my original apn settings it didnt save , the settings quite frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

torrevieja wrote: »
    i did all this when i went to save it, i was left with my original apn settings it didnt save , the settings quite frustrating

Delete current apn, install this one and save

Delete current apn, install this one and save

does that mean i have to put the settings back to my original sim afterwards?

thought i could have had a few settings stored

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I got the sim a few weeks ago. Topped up with credit to make & receive calls. It's terrific value. I'm with Virgin and the main difference for me is virgin have decent customer service, a better mailbox setup and they have a great call catcher system for times people call you while you are on another call. I run a business with dozens of calls, missed calls and voice messages every day. I still cannot make up my mind. 25 euros per month for call catcher and better voice mail or 7.99 per month & possibly lose the odd customer.

As I said terrific value but harder to contact than GOMO.

I would stick with Virgin to be honest.

Live chat on 48 is very sporadic.
    When you do get through it appears to be limited in what they can do - everything seems to require a ticket and 3-5 working days resolution time.
    If live chat can't help you, your only option is to e-mail them.
    They don't appear to be monitoring their support@ or complaints@ mailboxes over the last three weeks.
    Your only option then is to contact ComReg.
    ComReg will not intervene until at least 10 days have passed by to give 48 an opportunity to respond.

Frankly I wouldn't be putting my number that I rely on for my business somewhere like 48. If you run into anything more than being locked out of your account, you'll be left waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Several issues being reported online of ports not going through for days on end, going through but issues making calls in/out to certain networks (can happen any operator to be fair but I wouldn't trust 48 to fix it promptly), bundles disappearing days after being applied, unable to apply bundles after porting in.

Ask yourself: can you afford to be without your number for a minimum of 10 days in order to allow for ComReg intervention to get 48 to act on any escalation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

torrevieja wrote: »

Saving it involves an extra step. On most Android screens if you just back out it saves us. On the APN screen, after you've input the settings you need to click at the top right and then click save and then ensure that the APN is selected on the prior screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

Has anyone had any issues with service this morning? Signed up about 10 days ago and it had been working fine but today for whatever reason I've got no service.

My membership is in date.

**Update - issue resolved itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

KildareP wrote: »
    I would stick with Virgin to be honest.

Live chat on 48 is very sporadic.
    When you do get through it appears to be limited in what they can do - everything seems to require a ticket and 3-5 working days resolution time.
    If live chat can't help you, your only option is to e-mail them.
    They don't appear to be monitoring their support@ or complaints@ mailboxes over the last three weeks.
    Your only option then is to contact ComReg.
    ComReg will not intervene until at least 10 days have passed by to give 48 an opportunity to respond.

Frankly I wouldn't be putting my number that I rely on for my business somewhere like 48. If you run into anything more than being locked out of your account, you'll be left waiting. And waiting. And waiting. And waiting.

Several issues being reported online of ports not going through for days on end, going through but issues making calls in/out to certain networks (can happen any operator to be fair but I wouldn't trust 48 to fix it promptly), bundles disappearing days after being applied, unable to apply bundles after porting in.

Ask yourself: can you afford to be without your number for a minimum of 10 days in order to allow for ComReg intervention to get 48 to act on any escalation?

I got email replies from 48 within a couple of hours when I had an issue.

As opposed to Virgin who messed around overcharging me and took 4 months to resolve the issue. And repeatedly failed to find any record of my previous contacts with them. On a business account. I certainly wouldn't be relying on them again for anything business critical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭KildareP

MOH wrote: »
    I got email replies from 48 within a couple of hours when I had an issue.

As opposed to Virgin who messed around overcharging me and took 4 months to resolve the issue. And repeatedly failed to find any record of my previous contacts with them. On a business account. I certainly wouldn't be relying on them again for anything business critical.
    Possibly a recent development on their responsiveness.

Anyway, ComReg is aware and handling from here.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Hi

I have a few Sims ordered

Can i now use these with the "unique URL" to recruit people when i get them ?

I thought there may be a differy process when recruiting? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Thomas.. wrote: »
    Hi

I have a few Sims ordered

Can i now use these with the "unique URL" to recruit people when i get them ?

I thought there may be a differy process when recruiting? Thanks

Once you register your own first sim, you'll need to order sims using the "recruiter" option on your account (or share your link to let people order themselves). I think the sims that come from the recruiter link are linked to the first sim you registered, so using random sims won't work.

hdl wrote: »
    Once you register your own first sim, you'll need to order sims using the "recruiter" option on your account (or share your link to let people order themselves). I think the sims that come from the recruiter link are linked to the first sim you registered, so using random sims won't work.

Ok that answers my question if that's the case

I'm already registered but I'm going to port out and back for the new deal

So I guess I'll have follow the recruiting.process after that

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

hdl wrote: »

I got a recruiter Sim and cannot get it to activate. On activation it looks for the email address for the Sim. I have tried my own and it won't work. I tried the person I'm giving the Sim to and it won't activate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I got a recruiter Sim and cannot get it to activate. On activation it looks for the email address for the Sim. I have tried my own and it won't work. I tried the person I'm giving the Sim to and it won't activate.

The recruitee has to register their own login with their own email address and password. Then activate the new SIM with that new login..

It won't activate with an address already associated with another SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all, anyone having problems with buying membership, I've activated a new SIM, but when I tried to buy membership it says,
    system error please try again later.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all, anyone having problems with buying membership, I've activated a new SIM, but when I tried to buy membership it says,
    system error please try again later.
    Thanks

Contact support via chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

Don't use the app I found a web browser is better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Ten Pin wrote: »
    The recruitee has to register their own login with their own email address and password. Then activate the new SIM with that new login..

It won't activate with an address already associated with another SIM.

I'm unclear on this.

I have an activated SIM which I use for Android TV.

Can I order another SIM and port my phone number over from Gomo for phone use?

Can I have both Sims linked to the same email address account on the app?

Could I setup a new email address and email myself a referral link to get a free subscription?

JTMan wrote: »
    Contact support via chat.

I did they told me to try a different web browser try a different card, I tried 3 different cards , and clear the cache. still not working, also tried my laptop, still no joy unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I did they told me to try a different web browser try a different card, I tried 3 different cards , and clear the cache. still not working, also tried my laptop, still no joy unfortunately.

Are you using the gift shop or my48?

Is there still data to use from the free 1GB?

Can you top up by 8e via gift shop and then buy membership from that 8e balance?

I'm unclear on this.

I have an activated SIM which I use for Android TV.

Can I order another SIM and port my phone number over from Gomo for phone use?

Can I have both Sims linked to the same email address account on the app?

Could I setup a new email address and email myself a referral link to get a free subscription?

AIUI....
    - order recruit SIM(s) in my48 linked to the SIM you have
    - set up a new login with a new email address for each and every recruit SIM activation
    - the SIM you already have has to have bought at least one membership to get the free month.

If you have one 'parent' SIM and one recruit SIM then when each SIM has bought a membership, each SIM gets credit to the value of that membership PROVIDED that the 'parent' SIM buys it's membership first and makes a mobile call or sends a SMS.

Every SIM needs it's own separate email address.

If you order the recruit SIMs in my48 then the referal link is redundant.

AFAIK the app is only needed to share data with another 48 user, everything else can be done in a browser and I presume (open to correction) that the app only allows one login while a browser can be used for multiple logins...just log out from one and log in to the other.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Are you using the gift shop or my48?

Is there still data to use from the free 1GB?

Can you top up by 8e via gift shop and then buy membership from that 8e balance?

It's a problem on there side, I have just been told,
    They are going to
    escalate it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Has anyone managed to get their current sim switched to the 7.99 deal without having to port out and back in again? On to live chat at the moment awaiting a reply.

Has anyone managed to get their current sim switched to the 7.99 deal without having to port out and back in again? On to live chat at the moment awaiting a reply.

Doubt it, they say it's only for new customers so porting out and back with a new SIM and email address is the only way to get the 7.99 plan (AFAIK)

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Got my SIM this morning. Put it in my dual SIM phone, no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

As times goes on, I think this thread is better suited in the Mobiles forum.
    Most people are aware of the bargain now. Most posts are related to mobile issues, setup etc.

Mobiles charter now applies. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Quick question, porting from 48 to Eir and its asking my current network but 48 is not on the list. What have others put down? Tesco mobile is listed.

pissed wrote: »
    Quick question, porting from 48 to Eir and its asking my current network but 48 is not on the list. What have others put down? Tesco mobile is listed.

3 I'm guessing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Having ongoing problems after porting to 48. Can't make calls or send texts on the 48 sim although I've paid the money. Chat support are very poor. All those guys do is send an email to the real tech support and tell you it'll be done "soonest". The real tech can take at least 7 working days before they even try to fix it. Pretty bad if you need your phone to work!

Advertisement