Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭pissed

Thomas.. wrote: »
    3 I'm guessing?

Port went ahead using Tesco Mobile. Waiting on the port back from Eir now which I expect at this hour will happen tomorrow morning if I am lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭gok

I switched from 48 to Lyca and back to 48 on same day. No issues and no need to top up the Lyca one, was literally only on it for 30 mins before porting back out.
    Curious on going this route, that is temporarily porting out to another provider - What's the best way to get another sim? I registered on Lyca nearly 2 weeks ago but still haven't received their sim yet. I understand with sir you need to top up so would prefer to avoid that.
    Any thoughts?
    Thx :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Curious on going this route, that is temporarily porting out to another provider - What's the best way to get another sim? I registered on Lyca nearly 2 weeks ago but still haven't received their sim yet. I understand with Eir you need to top up so would prefer to avoid that.
    Any thoughts?
    Thx :)

Lyca SIMs are usually available in Spar, Gala, Centra, Londis type shops. AFAIK they cost 99c.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Lyca SIMs are usually available in Spar, Gala, Centra, Londis type shops. AFAIK they cost 99c.

Aren't they free? They were free when I saw last time few months/weeks back.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

If you get credit through the refer a friend system can you then use that credit to pay for your own following month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

lighthouse wrote: »
    If you get credit through the refer a friend system can you then use that credit to pay for your own following month?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,085 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I want to port my number to 48 from Gomo, but I can't cancel my card from Gomo site, will Gomo still be able to take payment from me after I've ported my number to 48?

Hey Colly, I ported one number out from Gomo on the 30th of last month and the number was taken off my GOMO billing so I think the charge is automatically cancel once you port.

No need to take the card off.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

pissed wrote: »
    Port went ahead using Tesco Mobile. Waiting on the port back from Eir now which I expect at this hour will happen tomorrow morning if I am lucky.

Did you have to top up the Eir sim? I have the current €9.99 plan expiring in three days and want to get on the €7.99 deal. I have an Eir sim to port to but do not want to have to put any money on it.

jeoun wrote: »
    Did you have to top up the Eir sim? I have the current €9.99 plan expiring in three days and want to get on the €7.99 deal. I have an Eir sim to port to but do not want to have to put any money on it.

No top up required.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Anyone having delays getting sim cards? I ordered four for family about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. Also sent a referral link to people which they used to order cards on Friday and nothing has been shipped yet.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

How long to port out and back in total with eir?

Thanks

How long to port out and back in total with eir?

Thanks

Port from 48 to Eir requested before 6pm took about 10 minutes. Port from Eir back to 48 requested after 6pm so the port only started this morning after 8am. Got a text from 48 at 08.14 to say port completed.

Port from 48 to Eir requested before 6pm took about 10 minutes. Port from Eir back to 48 requested after 6pm so the port only started this morning after 8am. Got a text from 48 at 08.14 to say port completed.

Thanks and you selected Tesco mobile as your carrier when porting out? And no problem with it

Thanks and you selected Tesco mobile as your carrier when porting out? And no problem with it

Yeah I selected Tesco Mobile and went through without a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

davpower wrote: »
    Anyone having delays getting sim cards? I ordered four for family about 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing. Also sent a referral link to people which they used to order cards on Friday and nothing has been shipped yet.

I ordered my SIM last Monday night, got an email Thursday night saying it was on its way, got the SIM yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

davpower wrote: »

My original sim order took about 2 weeks to arrive once I got the dispatch email. When I then registered and used the referral link, I didn't get any dispatch email, they just arrived about 4 days later.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Nuphor

Anyone having issues activating iMessage? Have topped up, done lots of resets, everything suggested in Apple’s troubleshooting guide for activation. Ported from gomo yesterday, but stuck without iMessage.

AFAIK Imessage activation is via UK SMS which costs 7c so a one euro top up should cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Any ideas how long this offer will be available. Getting the daughter a phone for Christmas and was wondering should I order a SIM now to ensure I get the deal for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Yeah I selected Tesco Mobile and went through without a problem

No need to top up the eir sim ?

I have an eir sim that was never used but is still active

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Any ideas how long this offer will be available. Getting the daughter a phone for Christmas and was wondering should I order a SIM now to ensure I get the deal for her.

Officially speaking the offer ends on 10 November 2020.

Yeah, you can order the sim now. You will need to subscribe to the offer before 10 November 2020 too. You could sign up via a referral link so you will get the first month free.

JTMan wrote: »
    Officially speaking the offer ends on 10 November 2020.

Yeah, you can order the sim now. You will need to subscribe to the offer before 10 November 2020 too. You could sign up via a referral link so you will get the first month free.

Do u get the first month free?

I thought you got credit after a topup

Do u get the first month free?

I thought you got credit after a topup

The first month is not free. The recruiteR and recruiteE only get the free credit when the recruiteR has bought their first membership (and made an outbound connecting mobile call) and the recruiteE has also bought their first membership. The recruiteR has to make the mobile call before the recruiteE buys their first membership.

It's more apt to say the second month is free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

So I jumped the gun I’ve a month left on my current contract. I received my sim is there a way I can still avail of the €7.99 and port my number when my contract ends next month?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Yes activate the New 48 sim now you received by post to get the €7.99 Offer Plan with a new 089 phone number attached for the meantime to avail of the offer & to keep the exclusive plan each month. Sign up now before 10 nov pay membership of the exclusive plan & then whenever your ready Afterwards at any stage just Go to move my number on your My48 Account to move your existing number across.

Hope this helps.

CVB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

CVB wrote: »
    Yes activate the New 48 sim now you received by post to get the €7.99 Offer Plan with a new 089 phone number attached for the meantime to avail of the offer & to keep the exclusive plan each month. Sign up now before 10 nov pay membership of the exclusive plan & then whenever your ready Afterwards at any stage just Go to move my number on your My48 Account to move your existing number across.

Hope this helps.

CVB

Cheers thanks for the reply

Just getting round to porting myself today as my old plan just expired. Put the new sim in and activated, and it's showing the network as Tesco Mobile. Does that change to 48 after I port?

Already moved the teens over to 48 and honestly don't remember whether it said Tesco initially when I activated the sim first with the 089 number, but they definitely say 48 now. Just don't want to run into any trouble and end up with no network.

hdl wrote: »
    Just getting round to porting myself today as my old plan just expired. Put the new sim in and activated, and it's showing the network as Tesco Mobile. Does that change to 48 after I port?

Already moved the teens over to 48 and honestly don't remember whether it said Tesco initially when I activated the sim first with the 089 number, but they definitely say 48 now. Just don't want to run into any trouble and end up with no network.

Few people have said Huawei phones display it as 48. Is yours Huawei?

DopeTech wrote: »
    Few people have said Huawei phones display it as 48. Is yours Huawei?

Yep, it's a Huawei. So it's just going to still say Tesco after I port? Doesn't matter either way, just wanted to make sure I didn't have dud sim that was going to screw up the port process! Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Received my SIM yesterday. Popped it in the phone and began porting my number. My number finished porting this morning but now the 7.99 offer is gone from their website.

Has anyone been able to port back to previous provider (Three) so that I can activate the 7.99 plan and then port my number to 48 after? Comments on this thread suggest this is the way to fix it.

Advertisement