Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

hdl wrote: »
    Yep, it's a Huawei. So it's just going to still say Tesco after I port? Doesn't matter either way, just wanted to make sure I didn't have dud sim that was going to screw up the port process! Thanks

Yes I think so. It's just whatever way Huawei call the operator name must differ to the other manufacturers. When we do a speed test on 48 3g it will also say your network is Tesco but it's just because they both share some of the same backend somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Willbbz wrote: »
    Received my SIM yesterday. Popped it in the phone and began porting my number. My number finished porting this morning but now the 7.99 offer is gone from their website.

Has anyone been able to port back to previous provider (Three) so that I can activate the 7.99 plan and then port my number to 48 after? Comments on this thread suggest this is the way to fix it.

The 7.99 offer is there until Nov 10th

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes I think so. It's just whatever way Huawei call the operator name must differ the the other manufacturers. When we do a speed test on 48 3g it will also say your network is Tesco but it's just because they both share some of the same backend somewhere.

Thanks for your help, I'll go ahead and port then if it's just how Huawei names it (not at all surprised, they like to do everything differently!)

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

The 7.99 offer is there until Nov 10th

Yes the offer was available on their site before I ported my number but now what I see are the offers below after the porting had finished.

528525.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Darren 83 wrote: »
    So I jumped the gun I’ve a month left on my current contract. I received my sim is there a way I can still avail of the €7.99 and port my number when my contract ends next month?

I had 2 months left on my Vodafone bill at €60 a month. I rang up, cancelled and they put me onto prepay. Then just ported over to 48 no problem. Just waiting on the final bill. The lad on the phone tried his hardest to convince me to stay. I've been with 48 since Monday and it's been flawless. For €8 a month it's a no brainer.

• Advertisement

Thats strange. I would use their online live chat to sort it out.

My wife ported over yesterday and she has the 7.99 option.
    It wasn't plain sailing though. We had some issues but found the live chat option excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Anyone else having issues sending normal SMS text messages this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Yes the offer was available on their site before I ported my number but now what I see are the offers below after the porting had finished.

528525.jpg

Were you with 48 in the past?

Probably should have bought the membership before porting.

The only way now is to order another SIM with a new email address and buy 7.99 plan on that new SIM.

To keep your number will require port out and back in AFTER buying the 7.99 plan on the new SIM.

Lyca and Eir are probably the easiest option to port to temporarily.

If you were never with 48 before then contact 48 to get it resolved.

shineon23 wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues sending normal SMS text messages this morning?

Mine are working ok

• Advertisement

528525.jpg

When I ported my number in having never been on 48 before it was missing for me too. I had to log a ticket with them. It appeared the next morning.

Ten Pin wrote: »

Probably shouod have bought the membership before porting.

The only way now is to order another SIM with a new email address and buy 7.99 plan on that new SIM.

To keep your number will require port out and back in AFTER buying the 7.99 plan on the new SIM.

I had registered an account years ago but never activated a SIM but maybe it could be this if its only happening to me.
    When I ported my number in having never been on 48 before it was missing for me too. I had to log a ticket with them. It appeared the next morning.

I'll try this. Their chat option on their site is not showing any button to begin a live chat so I've sent them a DM on twitter to hopefully get some resolve. Thanks though! This sounds similar to my situation so hopefully will get the same outcome

I had registered an account years ago but never activated a SIM but maybe it could be this if its only happening to me.

I'll try this. Their chat option on their site is not showing any button to begin a live chat so I've sent them a DM on twitter to hopefully get some resolve. Thanks though! This sounds similar to my situation so hopefully will get the same outcome

That's the same as me, I had a sim that I ordered about 6 months ago. It might be that they only added the new plan to sims batches after a certain date. Had no issue getting it added on after though.

It's on the bottom right when you login

It's on the bottom right when you login

see below

Got through to their support on chat and this is their response. So now I just have to wait

Thanks Fingers Mcginty and DopeTech and Ten Pin :D

528535.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

I was just wondering how do you setup voicemail on 48?

As in myself recording one.

PCros wrote: »
    I was just wondering how do you setup voicemail on 48?

As in myself recording one.

Dial 171. Same as every other network.

Anyone any idea why I have no internet access after porting? Was working fine when I activated the sim to test the 1gb. I ported then, which took 10 mins, and since then, internet is not working (APN exactly the same as it was before). Can receive calls/texts. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else and they know the fix, before I contact them. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Anyone any idea why I have no internet access after porting? Was working fine when I activated the sim to test the 1gb. I ported then, which took 10 mins, and since then, internet is not working (APN exactly the same as it was before). Can receive calls/texts. Just wondering if this happened to anyone else and they know the fix, before I contact them. Thanks.
    48 speeds are very erratic, from 20mb to as.low as 1mb, been testing it with active membership, and not impressed with its reliability, was going to port from Vodafone this week, but now having second thoughts, guess it's cheap for a reason, 3 obviously prioritizing their own higher paying customers,

• Advertisement

48 speeds are very erratic, from 20mb to as.low as 1mb, been testing it with active membership, and not impressed with its reliability, was going to port from Vodafone this week, but now having second thoughts, guess it's cheap for a reason, 3 obviously prioritizing their own higher paying customers,

Em.....ok. but that's not what's happening here. I have no internet at all, it's not that it's slow, etc.

Em.....ok. but that's not what's happening here. I have no internet at all, it's not that it's slow, etc.

My data took a while to kick in. Maybe 30 minutes. Not sure if a restart would make any difference.

My data took a while to kick in. Maybe 30 minutes. Not sure if a restart would make any difference.

Thanks, you come to my rescue again :) It had been over 4 hours and hadn't kicked it, but just restarted and it's working now. I feel stupid for not trying it already! Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Similar happened to me except I was using it in a Tp Link Router.

During the 1gb trial period the internet worked.

Then when I bought a membership for the sim the Router showed no internet . It did however show a strong Wireless signal .

I had to reset the router to get the internet working .

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Thanks, you come to my rescue again :) It had been over 4 hours and hadn't kicked it, but just restarted and it's working now. I feel stupid for not trying it already! Thank you.

Hope you feel better soon :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

Ten Pin wrote: »

Probably should have bought the membership before porting.

If you were never with 48 before then contact 48 to get it resolved.

How do you buy the membership before porting?

I've ported out and I'm keeping my number.

Is there a particular method to port back for the new plan?

Thomas.. wrote: »
    How do you buy the membership before porting?

I've ported out and I'm keeping my number.

Is there a particular method to port back for the new plan?

When you get the sim from 48 it has an 089 number on it. Act as if that's the number you will use and buy the membership. Then after you've bought the membership, go to My48 and choose "Move my number" to port your one in to replace the 089 one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

When you get the sim from 48 it has an 089 number on it. Act as if that's the number you will use and buy the membership. Then after you've bought the membership port your own number in to replace the 089 one.

How would that even work?

Thomas.. wrote: »
    How would that even work?

It does, read the thread if you don't believe me.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got 3G (or better) working on this? Mine seems to be stuck on H

Advertisement