Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Has anyone got 3G (or better) working on this? Mine seems to be stuck on H
    H is 3.5G so better than 3G.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yeah they support 4g also. Someone said they don't activate it though until you buy a membership. Not sure if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah they support 4g also. Someone said they don't activate it though until you buy a membership. Not sure if that's true.

I haven't bought a membership yet but have 4g. Although when I was porting my teen over, we did only get 3g until a membership was bought, so who knows!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

I got the 48 sim on Monday, ported my number from Vodafone straight away and once I got the text to say it was complete I bought the membership for €7.99. Working perfectly with 4g. 96mbps down and 30mbps up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

It does, read the thread if you don't believe me.

Thanks

I'm a bit slow but what's the correct procedure for porting back and buying the first 7.99 membership

You buy it with the 089 number and it's still there after u port back, how.do u buy it first?

• Advertisement

Thomas.. wrote: »
    Thanks

I'm a bit slow but what's the correct procedure for porting back and buying the first 7.99 membership

You buy it with the 089 number and it's still there after u port back, how.do u buy it first?

Order a 48 sim.
    Activate it and buy membership on without porting your number your own number to it.
    When you have activated the membership on the new 48 sim with 089 number you go into My48 for that account and choose "move my number"
    This will allow you port your own number in to replace the 089 number. The membership you bought is linked to the account and not the number so it will stay there after you port in the number to replace the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

I had to reboot my phone to get 4G. No membership required

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Order a 48 sim.
    Activate it and buy membership on without porting your number your own number to it.
    When you have activated the membership on the new 48 sim with 089 number you go into My48 for that account and choose "move my number"
    This will allow you port your own number in to replace the 089 number. The membership you bought is linked to the account and not the number so it will stay there after you port in the number to replace the original.

I ported my number first, then bought a membership.

vectra wrote: »

I just did it as above membership then port

Just waiting on the port

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

How do you remove your card from your account so that the credit is used?

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »

So did I but the method I mentioned was to minimize the risk of the 7.99 membership disappearing if porting in a number that had already been with 48. It might not even need to be done but that way there was no way you could end up with it not being an option if you had it before porting in your number.

Which option do you use for recruiting

There's 2 options when u click on recruit

If you use the referral URL can you sign up as a recruit with any new 48 SIM to get the credit or does it have to be a recruiter sim

Which option do you use for recruiting

There's 2 options when u click on recruit

If you use the referral URL can you sign up as a recruit with any new 48 SIM to get the credit or does it have to be a recruiter sim

If you already have a new 48 sim I think you can use the link and then when you activate it it will link that activation code to the referral. Maybe someone else can confirm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

AFAIK a random SIM can't be linked to another SIM for free credit purposes. The SIM probably has to be activated with the login used to order the SIM.

SIMs can only be linked by ordering recruit SIMs in my48 or by someone else setting up a new login via your referral link.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    or by someone else setting up a new login via referral link.

That's what I'm asking

I have 2 new Sims already

Can I give someone the referral URL and the new SIM or doe I have to reorder Sims?

Apologies, to clarify...

SIMs can only be linked by ordering recruit SIMs in my48 or by someone else setting up a new login via your referral link and ordering their own SIM via that new login.

Where did you get the 2 new SIMs? Was it from my48 recruit page or was it from separate logins?

Apologies, to clarify...

SIMs can only be linked by ordering recruit SIMs in my48 or by someone else setting up a new login via your referral link and ordering their own SIM via that new login.

Where did you get the 2 new SIMs? Was it from my48 recruit page or was it from separate logins?

I ordered 48 Sims off a Google search link without logging in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

I got the 48 sim on Monday, ported my number from Vodafone straight away and once I got the text to say it was complete I bought the membership for €7.99. Working perfectly with 4g. 96mbps down and 30mbps up.

Download speed has gradually got worse, 4.2mb this morning, I'm in D12.

I ordered 48 Sims off a Google search link without logging in

AIUI, the only way to order a SIM is...
    - Set up a new login by entering email address and password
    - Order a SIM

To order multiple SIMs would require a separate login email for each SIM.

The only other way to order multiple SIMs is via my48 recruit page which only becomes available when your first SIM has been activated.

To be sure that you and recruitee gets free credit then order recruit SIMs in my48 and give them to the recruit. Only use the referral link for someone you can't meet with.

AIUI, the only way to order a SIM is...
    - Set up a new login by entering email address and password
    - Order a SIM

To order multiple SIMs would require a separate login email for each SIM.

The only other way to order multiple SIMs is via my48 recruit page which only becomes available when your first SIM has been activated.

To be sure that you and recruitee gets free credit then order recruit SIMs in my48 and give them to the recruit. Only use the referral link for someone you can't meet with.

I tried setting.up with the referral URL and new SIM

No free credit ,prob because I didn't order the referral sim

• Advertisement

I tried setting.up with the referral URL and new SIM

No free credit ,prob because I didn't order the referral sim

Did you buy a membership on that new SIM? If not then DON'T
    ....if you want the free credit.

You wouldn't get the free credit anyway UNTIL membership is bought on the recruit SIM and previously on the SIM it's linked to. But it's unlikely the SIMs are linked anyway IIUC how the SIMs were ordered.

Go back and order recruit SIMs from my48 recruit page of the account that you have already bought membership for or will buy membership for in the near future.

I activated a new sim

It's coming up as incorrect pin and puk when I try them?

I didn't keep my old.number

Does the PUK match what's in SETTINGS in My48?

Don't continually enter an incorrect PUK or the SIM might be blocked.

Does the PUK match what's in SETTINGS in My48?

Don't continually enter an incorrect PUK or the SIM might be blocked.

Yes the puk is the same.as.the 48 settings

Yes the puk is the same.as.the 48 settings
    When I enter the puk it prompts me to enter the "new pin"
    When input in the pin it comes up incorrect puk

Can I try the same account with another new 48 sim

See if that works if I move number with the new SIM

Maybe it has to be a new PIN different to the old PIN it came with. What happened that it started asking for PUK...when the SIM is used first then it asks for the 4 digit PIN and that should allow you in to use the phone as normal with the option to disable the PIN in security settings. It takes a few incorrect PIN attempts to prompt for PUK.
    Don't think so, the activate SIM option is probably now unavailable for that account.

See if that works if I move number with the new SIM

That doesn't make sense. Have you mixed up sims or something?

That doesn't make sense. Have you mixed up sims or something?

Nope

I just opened a brand new SIM and tried to activate it in my 48

It comes up as sim already activated, I just.opened the sim out of the envelope

Maybe it has to be a new PIN different to the old PIN it came with. What happened that it started asking for PUK...when the SIM is used first then it asks for the 4 digit PIN and that should allow you in to use the phone as normal with the option to disable the PIN in security settings. It takes a few incorrect PIN attempts to prompt for PUK.

Don't think so, the activate SIM option is probably now unavailable for that account.

I have the sim to my son and he couldn't get past the pin lock or else he was doing something wrong

• Advertisement

Nope

I just opened a brand new SIM and tried to activate it in my 48

It comes up as sim already activated, I just.opened the sim out of the envelope

Contact support and ask them to check if the sim is associated with your My48 login.

Advertisement