Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 141 ✭✭Thomas..

DopeTech wrote: »
    Contact support and ask them to check if the sim is associated with your My48 login.

Ya will do , the puk on the card matches the puk in settings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

this recruit a friend can someone explain i ordered a sim for my self and my wife, so when they come how do i activate the refer a friend or do i have to order another way ?

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

torrevieja wrote: »
    this recruit a friend can someone explain i ordered a sim for my self and my wife, so when they come how do i activate the refer a friend or do i have to order another way ?

You'll have to register and activate one of the sims. Then within that account, click the recruit option, where you'll have the option to order up to 5 more sims. These sims will be connected to your account, so that when one registers, you will both automatically get the referral benefit.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, buy I don't think there's a way you can get the referral benefit using the 2 separate sims you've already ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Tried to port three times and keeps failing, my previous network told me they released my number

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Tried to port three times and keeps failing, my previous network told me they released my number

Was it from GO MO ? I tried with them and found out I needed to pick bill pay not prepay when porting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

With Eir I was bill then switched to prepay and then ported

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jamesd wrote: »
    Was it from GO MO ? I tried with them and found out I needed to pick bill pay not prepay when porting.

Gomo is bill pay so that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

With Eir I was bill then switched to prepay and then ported

Try bill pay option when porting, 48 might be using a database from before you switched to prepay.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Level 42

Is there an account number with eir pre pay can't find it trying to move. Looking at their email form sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭FFVII

Order a 48 sim.
    Activate it and buy membership on without porting your number your own number to it.
    When you have activated the membership on the new 48 sim with 089 number you go into My48 for that account and choose "move my number"
    This will allow you port your own number in to replace the 089 number. The membership you bought is linked to the account and not the number so it will stay there after you port in the number to replace the original.
    This works yes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

hdl wrote: »
    You'll have to register and activate one of the sims. Then within that account, click the recruit option, where you'll have the option to order up to 5 more sims. These sims will be connected to your account, so that when one registers, you will both automatically get the referral benefit.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, buy I don't think there's a way you can get the referral benefit using the 2 separate sims you've already ordered.

thanks well i did order originally 2 with different emails but then i heard about this and with a different email was able to apply for the #recruit option with a different email, which i presume will be in the 2 sims i ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

torrevieja wrote: »
    thanks well i did order originally 2 with different emails but then i heard about this and with a different email was able to apply for the #recruit option with a different email, which i presume will be in the 2 sims i ordered

You can order up to 50 Sims a month.
    5 at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Anyone know if you can have multiple SIMs on the same account? I'm thinking of ordering one for a relative who wouldn't be online much. and I don't think even has an email address.

I'd look after the admin side of it for them, but I'm not seeing an option to order another SIM (beyond the recruit link). It could be a problem if you're only allowed one mobile account per email address, I don't really want to get into the whole rigmarole of setting up an email address for them that will only ever be used for this, and then setting up a separate 48 account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

MOH wrote: »
    Anyone know if you can have multiple SIMs on the same account? I'm thinking of ordering one for a relative who wouldn't be online much. and I don't think even has an email address.

I'd look after the admin side of it for them, but I'm not seeing an option to order another SIM (beyond the recruit link). It could be a problem if you're only allowed one mobile account per email address, I don't really want to get into the whole rigmarole of setting up an email address for them that will only ever be used for this, and then setting up a separate 48 account.

No I don't think so. Maybe you could try the gmail trick where you can use your email and put a dot or a 1 or something in it and it goes to the same address. Someone mentioned it a good few posts back

Just setup a gmail account. It literally takes 30 seconds.

Sign them up, turn on auto renew and you won't have to go back online again.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No I don't think so. Maybe you could try the gmail trick where you can use your email and put a dot or a 1 or something in it and it goes to the same address. Someone mentioned it a good few posts back

Just setup a gmail account. It literally takes 30 seconds.

Sign them up, turn on auto renew and you won't have to go back online again.

I sent an email to my Gmail account from a Hotmail account and I put a dot in the Gmail address between my surname and initial and I got the email. :eek:

lighthouse wrote: »
    I sent an email to my Gmail account from a Hotmail account and I put a dot in the Gmail address between my surname and initial and I got the email. :eek:

Yep all these will work.
    Joebloggs@gmail.com
    Joe.bloggs@gmail.com
    J.oebloggs@gmail.com
    Joebloggs+anyword@gmail.com

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Is there not a risk of emails going to someone else's account?

No, not by putting in a . or leaving one out. Or by using +word method. E.g. joe.bloggs+phones@gmail.com.

You can always send a test email to yourself beforehand if you want to make sure you've done it right.

Don't think so, if you have a user name of 'UserName' then no one can sign up with 'User.Name' afterwards. And they probably won't accept a user name with a '+' character but the email application will accept it when composing email.

Yahoo recognises dots so username@yahoo.com is a different recipient to user.name@yahoo.com

Not sure what outlook does, probably same as yahoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Don't think so, if you have a user name of 'UserName' then no one can sign up with 'User.Name' afterwards. And they probably won't accept a user name with a '+' character but the email application will accept it when composing email.

If I create an email account using user.name@gmail.com can someone else create an account using username@gmail.com

• Advertisement

If I create an email account using user.name@gmail.com can someone else create an account using username@gmail.com

No

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

Anyone iPhone users out there have trouble with iMessage after porting?

I’m getting a message saying this number is registered to your Apple ID but is not associated with this phone. Have 30 days before they’re remove it as an option for iMessage.

Everything else seems to be working with same data speeds I had with Three before porting.

glack wrote: »
    Anyone iPhone users out there have trouble with iMessage after porting?

I’m getting a message saying this number is registered to your Apple ID but is not associated with this phone. Have 30 days before they’re remove it as an option for iMessage.

Everything else seems to be working with same data speeds I had with Three before porting.

I haven't had an iphone in years but I I'm pretty sure you just need to set it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

I haven't had an iphone in years but I I'm pretty sure you just need to set it up again.

Tried that-but it is failing to activate. I get the alert saying my carrier may charge for text messages to activate it. Maybe I need to add credit to my account?

glack wrote: »
    Tried that-but it is failing to activate. I get the alert saying my carrier may charge for text messages to activate it. Maybe I need to add credit to my account?

Yeah you need credit to receive the text.

Top up by one euro

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Ten Pin wrote: »

Yahoo recognises dots so username@yahoo.com is a different recipient to user.name@yahoo.com

Not sure what outlook does, probably same as yahoo.

Listen to this guy who was on Liveline yesterday saying someone else has exactly the same email address as him :eek:

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21848416

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

My dad is with eir. He has a doro dumb flip payg flip phone. It is locked. He has been with meteor for years - but they say the phone is unlocked.
    Has anyone an email address for them?

• Advertisement

Listen to this guy who was on Liveline yesterday saying someone else has exactly the same email address as him :eek:

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21848416

Heard that on air....two Luddites who didn't know much about the topic.

If Joe Duffy RTE sets up joeduffy@gmail.com and Joe Duffy Motors tries to set up joe.duffy@gmail.com then Joe Duffy Motors will get a warning to say that address is unavailable and can't proceed.

However Joe Duffy Motors can hand out a business card with joe.duffy@gmail.com on it but will never have access to that account. Joe Duffy RTE will get and read all the emails sent to joe.duffy@gmail.com because google treats the dot as not there and delivers it to joeduffy@gmail.com

The only stories that exist on this topic are from people who are receiving email intended for someone else....because the intended recipient never gets the email and couldn't possibly know the wayward email even exists. They're logging in to joeduffy400k@gmail.com wondering why they're not receiving an expected email...it's because they forgot to include the '400k' characters or else it's someone filling in a random address on a website that won't accept a blank field.

Or it could be some error in, for example, a bank who mixed up email addresses and dropped extra characters in an address while transferring between systems. Some of those financial institutions have a mixed bag of IT and who knows what got lost in translation between system upgrades.
    https://support.google.com/mail/thread/12454487?hl=en

Advertisement