Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah you need credit to receive the text.

Took a couple of hours after I added credit to sort itself out but that was the issue. It needed 8c!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

glack wrote: »
    Took a couple of hours after I added credit to sort itself out but that was the issue. It needed 8c!

Should have bought an android phone!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    My dad is with eir. He has a doro dumb flip payg flip phone. It is locked. He has been with meteor for years - but they say the phone is unlocked.
    Has anyone an email address for them?

Eir customer care is the worst of the lot.

Eir Twitter account is the best option if you want to write to them. I think it's @eircare.

Look in the Eir, Three, Vodafone thread on the Mobiles forum for the best phone numbers to contact them on. They are not answering on some customer care numbers.

I posted some numbers in that thread and I'll see can I find them.

Be patient while waiting for a reply on Twitter and make sure your Twitter notifications are on.

Edit:
    Try these numbers from top to bottom.
    These were recommended to me by one of their stores:
    01 430 7066
    1800 500 300

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

I wonder if anyone can help. Want to port my old 48 number out to lyca or eir and then port back to get the new deal.

I get the verification code from eir but it doesn’t have 48 as an option for the current network. I have tried Tesco mobile but that doesn’t work. With Lyca I never get the verification code and the online chat says it’ll take 1-2 weeks to transfer the number.

Any other options? What have others done?

jeoun wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help. Want to port my old 48 number out to lyca or eir and then port back to get the new deal.

I get the verification code from eir but it doesn’t have 48 as an option for the current network. I have tried Tesco mobile but that doesn’t work. With Lyca I never get the verification code and the online chat says it’ll take 1-2 weeks to transfer the number.

Any other options? What have others done?

I'm in the process of porting out a spare 48 number to Vodafone to avail of this offer.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html?c_id=-campus-home-page-banner&c_name=campus-home-page-banner&c_source=home-page-banner&c_medium=other

They send a sim out in the post and no top up required if all you want to do is port back again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭jeoun

I'm in the process of porting out a spare 48 number to Vodafone to avail of this offer.
    https://n.vodafone.ie/campus.html?c_id=-campus-home-page-banner&c_name=campus-home-page-banner&c_source=home-page-banner&c_medium=other

They send a sim out in the post and no top up required if all you want to do is port back again.

Thanks!! Maybe I'll stay on Vodafone for 30 days to get those ear buds! Can always port back to 48 when I get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    No I don't think so. Maybe you could try the gmail trick where you can use your email and put a dot or a 1 or something in it and it goes to the same address. Someone mentioned it a good few posts back

Just setup a gmail account. It literally takes 30 seconds.

Sign them up, turn on auto renew and you won't have to go back online again.

Cheers, it's not setting up the account that's the issue. It's just that if support is online only, if there's problems 18 months down the line trying to dig out the password or even remember the email address I signed them up with is going to be a nuisance when I've never used it in the meantime.

Might try the + trick with gmail though, cheers, had forgotten that.
    lighthouse wrote: »
    Listen to this guy who was on Liveline yesterday saying someone else has exactly the same email address as him :eek:

https://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/share/radio1/21848416
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Heard that on air....two Luddites who didn't know much about the topic.

If Joe Duffy RTE sets up joeduffy@gmail.com and Joe Duffy Motors tries to set up joe.duffy@gmail.com then Joe Duffy Motors will get a warning to say that address is unavailable and can't proceed.
    ]

Didn't hear this case, but there was some issue 10-15 years ago were there legitimately were a small number of clashes.

Can't remember the details but it was something like Gmail taking over someone else and there were a small number of accounts that had already been registered on both. Or one had allowed the trick with using dots in the username and the other hadn't, and later they changed both to allow it, and that caused clashes. Vague idea Germany was involved somehow.

But it was a long time ago and a very small set of affected users.

I might try this myself.

I was thinking if getting a pair of Mpow noise cancelling headphones.

Have you experience with these Wireless Buds. Would they be a better deal or maybe get both?

I might try this myself.

I was thinking if getting a pair of Mpow noise cancelling headphones.

Have you experience with these Wireless Buds. Would they be a better deal or maybe get both?

They got decent reviews although they are the 1st gen and not the 3rd or 4th gen that's currently on sale elsewhere. For 20 quid though I'd say you can't go wrong. These realistically are worth about 60-70. I'll try go back on topic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

They got decent reviews although they are the 1st gen and not the 3rd or 4th gen that's currently on sale elsewhere. For 20 quid though I'd say you can't go wrong. These realistically are worth about 60-70. I'll try go back on topic now.

can i ask where you seen them for 20 quid?.

• Advertisement

bassy wrote: »
    can i ask where you seen them for 20 quid?.

You get them free if you switch to Vodafone x and top up by €20. Link is in my previous post.

You get them free if you switch to Vodafone x and top up by €20. Link is in my previous post.

im on vodafone pay as you go,20 euro a mth deal.can i avail of vodafone x or is that billpay?.

im on vodafone pay as you go,20 euro a mth deal.can i avail of vodafone x or is that billpay?.

It's a switching offer so you would need to port to another network and then back in to Vodafone via the link in my previous post. Vodafone X is payg

It's a switching offer so you would need to port to another network and then back in to Vodafone via the link in my previous post.

there 20 quid on amazon so will go that route.

there 20 quid on amazon so will go that route.
    The Samsung Galaxy buds aren't. Link?

The Samsung Galaxy buds aren't. Link?

Mpow noise cancelling headphones

Mpow noise cancelling headphones

Which model are you looking at?

Make sure to select the Add Voucher Box. Many of them have 10+ sterling off

Which model are you looking at?

Make sure to select the Add Voucher Box. Many of them have 10+ sterling off

Mpow H7 Wireless Headphones Over Ear, Hi-Fi Stereo Bluetooth&Wired Headphones with CVC6.0 Mic, Lightweight Headphones with Soft Memory Protein Earmuffs for Home Office Online Class Cellphone PC TV

Mpow H7 Wireless Headphones Over Ear, Hi-Fi Stereo Bluetooth&Wired Headphones with CVC6.0 Mic, Lightweight Headphones with Soft Memory Protein Earmuffs for Home Office Online Class Cellphone PC TV

Unless I'm reading it wrong if you tick Add Voucher youl get those for 12 sterling

If you click on Details it will bring you to all Vouchers

Unless I'm reading it wrong if you tick Add Voucher youl get those for 12 sterling

If you click on Details it will bring you to all Vouchers

Price: £18.99 & FREE Delivery on orders dispatched by Amazon over £20.00 . Delivery Details
    You Save: £7.00 (27%)
    Voucher
    20% voucher applied.
    Your voucher will be applied at checkout

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Not sure if this has already been asked, but is anyone on Iphone - ios14.0.1 finding that messages to other iphone users are fine but to android get the message not sent message?
    Maybe a setting or something needs to be changed?
    I had no problem using Tesco mobile, this only happened after porting to 48.
    Thanks

Is it all traditional sms numbers or just certain ones? Did you check the message center number?

Is it all traditional sms numbers or just certain ones? Did you check the message center number?

Take for instance,
    my mother text me yesterday and today, she is using Android phone with tesco mobile.
    On both occasions I could not reply, *message not sent*
    I had to reply via Whatsapp.
    I did a test run and text my wifes iphone which is on 48 as well and that sent no problem

How do I check message center number on iphone?

vectra wrote: »
    Take for instance,
    my mother text me yesterday and today, she is using Android phone with tesco mobile.
    On both occasions I could not reply, *message not sent*
    I had to reply via Whatsapp.
    I did a test run and text my wifes iphone which is on 48 as well and that sent no problem

How do I check message center number on iphone?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250376846

Your iphone messages are sending as they are imessages that send over data. Have you an active 48 membership? Are you receiving sms ok?

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250376846

Your iphone messages are sending as they are imessages that send over data. Have you an active 48 membership? Are you receiving sms ok?

Yes, I have an active membership

Yes, receiving messages *as said above ^^ *

Yes, I have an active membership

Yes, receiving messages *as said above ^^ *

You'll need to contact 48 via chat so to look into it.

You'll need to contact 48 via chat so to look into it.

Was on to chat there.
    Apparently you must have at least €5 lying in your account to make texts,even though the membership is100gig, all calls, all texts included. But this €5 wont get used.
    Weirdest thing I ever heard :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Was on to chat there.
    Apparently you must have at least €5 lying in your account to make texts,even though the membership is100gig, all calls, all texts included. But this €5 wont get used.

I have nothing in my account, just sent a text successfully there :eek:

Was on to chat there.

That's straight up not true. Contact them again and hopefully you'll get someone else. Has anyone been able to send you sms? It might be a routing issue they need to fix. What happens if she calls you or you call her? They had to sort a routing issue out for me. Took about 4-5 days but all is good now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

lighthouse wrote: »
    I have nothing in my account, just sent a text successfully there :eek:

I topped up by 1 Euro (in order to activate iMessage) have the 7.99 plan.

Advertisement