Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

DopeTech wrote: »
    That's straight up not true. Contact them again and hopefully you'll get someone else. Has anyone been able to send you sms? It might be a routing issue they need to fix. What happens if she calls you or you call her? They had to sort a routing issue out for me. Took about 4-5 days but all is good now.

Definitely don't need 5 Euro to activate text messages.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

do you get verification txts from banks etc with this network

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

do you get verification txts from banks etc with this network

Yes, no problems with aib, curve, revolut.

I have however noticed that I don't get replies from 50100 or 50400 numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

Anyone here using their SIM card in a router? How do you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

lighthouse wrote: »

It was the same as 3 for me. 100gb a month wouldn't be enough for my usage though with IPTV and Netflix etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

Works fine. Put the SIM in your phone first and then disable the pin from your phone before putting it in the router.

You might have to reset your router afterwards to get it to connect to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just signed up to the 7.99 deal. When I log in it says my balance is 1 cent? I presume that's normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭living

Hi!

If I move now from Gomo to 48, Will Gomo charge me 9.99 in the next bill or it will be proportional?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Hi!

If I move now from Gomo to 48, Will Gomo charge me 9.99 in the next bill or it will be proportional?

Thanks!

You'll only be charged for out of bundle services as you've paid in advance. Not sure if they refund proportionately or not. Be aware you won't get the 9.99 deal if you return to gomo in the future (currently it's 12.99 for new customers).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

I have nothing in my account, just sent a text successfully there :eek:

That's exactly what I thought it should be as I explained to the agent that I had been able to send/receive texts to any mobile up to when I noticed this yesterday ( saturday )
    That's straight up not true. Contact them again and hopefully you'll get someone else. Has anyone been able to send you sms? It might be a routing issue they need to fix. What happens if she calls you or you call her? They had to sort a routing issue out for me. Took about 4-5 days but all is good now.

All calls to any phone are perfectly fine,
    I can receive texts from any number be it Android or apple.
    agfasfos wrote: »
    I topped up by 1 Euro (in order to activate iMessage) have the 7.99 plan.

I am sure my imessage is working as I have previously sent texts.:confused:
    agfasfos wrote: »
    Definitely don't need 5 Euro to activate text messages.

Indeed, I thought it sounded a bit silly.

Going to contact them again tomorrow,
    Maybe if I reset my settings and re enter them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 doubledouble

I'm on it a month now 7-99 a month. Actually every 28 days. Can not go wrong. Was in Cavan before this lockdown. Service was ok etc ðŸ˜႒

I'm on it a month now 7-99 a month. Actually every 28 days. Can not go wrong. Was in Cavan before this lockdown. Service was ok etc ðŸ˜႒

It's not every 28 days, it's every calendar month so if you sign up on the 10th of a months it will renew the 10th of the following month regardless of how many days are in the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

I keep getting a issue when trying to port tried my number on four occasions even got a different number and that wouldn’t port doing it on website?

I reset and re entered all APN settings according to these instructions, as I already used originally.
    Still cannot send any message to any android user as I have tried a few this morning.
    Posted by KildareP

You need to set up your APN fully in Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network.

You need to put "48months.liffeytelecom.com" into the "APN" field for each section:

- Mobile Data
    - LTE Setup
    - MMS
    - Personal Hotspot

Additionally, for MMS, you need to enter:
    - MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    - MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19

Darren 83 wrote: »
    I keep getting a issue when trying to port tried my number on four occasions even got a different number and that wouldn’t port doing it on website?

What issue are you getting? What network are you trying to port from? Are you currently pay as you go or bill pay?

Just an email failed to port I tried the chat but they couldn’t help me I originally was on bill but moved to prepay then ported. Even got a spare sim and that failed as well.

I reset and re entered all APN settings according to these instructions, as I already used originally.
    Still cannot send any message to any android user as I have tried a few this morning.

APNs have no bearing on SMS functionality.

Check the SMS service centre number, it should be....

Does phone restart make any difference?

Just an email failed to port I tried the chat but they couldn’t help me I originally was on bill but moved to prepay then ported. Even got a spare sim and that failed as well.

Have you tried porting with 'bill pay' as account type?

I’ve tried all options

Ten Pin wrote: »
    APNs have no bearing on SMS functionality.

Check the SMS service centre number, it should be....

Does phone restart make any difference?

Where do I check that on an Iphone?

Restarted it a few times, removed the sim and re inserted it as well.

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Where do I check that on an Iphone?

Restarted it a few times, removed the sim and re inserted it as well.

Did you check the link in my post yesterday evening at 16:42?

Did you check the link in my post yesterday evening at 16:42?

Sorry,
    Yes I did,
    When I tried the below instructions, after pressing the green cal button, nothing happened, :confused:
    SMS service center number

From the Home screen, open the Phone application.
    Tap Keypad, then dial the following number: **5005*7672*12063130004#.
    Tap the green Call icon. The message Setting Succeeded should display.

Sorry,
    Yes I did,
    When I tried the below instructions, after pressing the green cal button, nothing happened, :confused:

Those numbers need to be adjusted for 48

1. Call the number *#5005*7672# to access the Service Center Address settings.

2. If the Service Center Address is not 0894300000, call **5005*7672*+353894300000# to reset your settings. The message "Setting succeeded | Service Centre Address | No Address" will appear on screen when completed.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Those numbers need to be adjusted for 48

1. Call the number *#5005*7672# to access the Service Center Address settings.

2. If the Service Center Address is not 0894300000, call **5005*7672*+353894300000# to reset your settings. The message "Setting succeeded | Service Centre Address | No Address" will appear on screen when completed.

That sorted it,
    Cheers :cool:

My recruit link, we both get free month credit if you use this link to join 48, free credit is added after you activate sim and buy your first membership for 7.99. This 7.99 deal for unlimited calls and texts and 100gb ends 10th November, so need to do asap as can take time to receive sim 😀

Post that in the 48 referrals forum thread in my signature. The mods will give you a telling off otherwise.

I have been testing out my 48 SIM for the last couple of weeks in my dual SIM phone. My other SIM is GoMo.
    I notice my 48 SIM looses signal completely every so often. This happens even when stationary eg at home.
    My GoMo SIM never does that.
    Anyone else experiences this?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

I have been testing out my 48 SIM for the last couple of weeks in my dual SIM phone. My other SIM is GoMo.
    I notice my 48 SIM looses signal completely every so often. This happens even when stationary eg at home.
    My GoMo SIM never does that.
    Anyone else experiences this?

Exchange the sim slots and see if it's the sim slot's design-problem or it's network error.

mac.in wrote: »
    Exchange the sim slots and see if it's the sim slot's design-problem or it's network error.

I doubt if it's the phone as it's only a few months old. The signal disappears completely and then comes back after a few minutes.

I doubt if it's the phone as it's only a few months old. The signal disappears completely and then comes back after a few minutes.

Have you got data roaming turned on?

• Advertisement

Have you got data roaming turned on?

Yes. It works fine most of the time but disappears, signal level on phone shows nothing.

Advertisement