Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

torrevieja wrote: »
    hey guys if u miss out by a day after the month ie 24 hours , will u loose the offer

No see from 48 help page.....

What if I don’t buy membership every month will I lose the 7.99 offer?

No we don’t roll like that, if you fancy a break from buying membership then you're free to take one. However if you don’t add membership for 6 months consecutively then you are at risk of your account going into suspension and after a further 6 months of inactivity the account will be deactivated due to non-use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Tested the speeds now in multiple places side by side with a three.ie sim card, and the 48 speeds are noticably slower.

My 1st month membership has now expired and im debating throwing the sim in the bin and going with Three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

ive found that too, seems to be under 10mbps like vodafone x. three was faster, but then its 20 a month. will see is it worth continuing. signal gets better out and about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Tested the speeds now in multiple places side by side with a three.ie sim card, and the 48 speeds are noticably slower.

My 1st month membership has now expired and im debating throwing the sim in the bin and going with Three.
    gussieg wrote: »
    ive found that too, seems to be under 10mbps like vodafone x. three was faster, but then its 20 a month. will see is it worth continuing. signal gets better out and about.

speed test aside do you find much difference in performace?

low speeds here but constant and does what I want,
    eir/gomo would have higher speeds but bigger black spots with poor or no coverage

VF was better but now seems on par 48

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I've done multiple tests with my 48 sim and a sim from 3 in the same phone and always got virtually the same speeds. they can vary widely but always the same. If one is good then both are, if one has slow speeds then the other will be the same. My house is in an unfortunate spot so only 3g indoors on either network but out and about I usually speeds between 20-40mb.

• Advertisement

well, my 48 simsignal has now turned itself off altogether , which i hadnt yet experienced with either 3 or vf.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

gussieg wrote: »
    well, my 48 simsignal has now turned itself off altogether , which i hadnt yet experienced with either 3 or vf.

Have u correct apn, must be 48months.liffeytelecom.com. not the tesco.liffeytelecom.com that is default one on sim !!

thanks will try and change that now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

This happens from time to time, signal lost and returns after a while (up to 5 minutes). This is reminiscent of the "good" ole days of 3 except that required toggle of airplane mode or occasionally a restart.....you wouldn't want to be depending on it for business use.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi all just wondering is anyone picking up 5G signal on 48, the last few days my handset is,

Thanks

• Advertisement

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi all just wondering is anyone picking up 5G signal on 48, the last few days my handset is,

Thanks

48 just keep getting better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

folks this Flexi data im trying to share with my son but when i press Share, i keep getting message you dont have matched contacts to share, any help please

i and he has allowed access to 48 for contacts

faolteam wrote: »
    folks this Flexi data im trying to share with my son but when i press Share, i keep getting message you dont have matched contacts to share, any help please

i and he has allowed access to 48 for contacts

Same for me. Is he really looking for 3GB?

yea is it only 3b a day u can give

so how do we get round this

yea is it only 3b a day u can give

so how do we get round this

It's 3gb per membership so 3gb per month. Not worth the hassle if you ask me. I do donate 5GB to food cloud each month though. Every little helps.

is that all ah feck that

can u bring the Data u dont use to ur next membership?

can u bring the Data u dont use to ur next membership?

Yes 5gb

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭bassy

great deal,but unfortunately for me the speeds here are woeful about 3 down and not even 1 up at any given time.same here with eir.
    but im currently on eir and will change to 48 before 10th november.
    i have the eir house fibre here so i dont mind the slow speeds on mobile when im at home.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes 5gb

will that work easy enough when do u take it out just before it expires

If u dont top up after 30 days and wait 2 days later or a week do u loose the package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Thanks

No,but I get 3 bars on signal strength

Ten Pin wrote: »
    This happens from time to time, signal lost and returns after a while (up to 5 minutes). This is reminiscent of the "good" ole days of 3 except that required toggle of airplane mode or occasionally a restart.....you wouldn't want to be depending on it for business use.

Avn't xperienced that signal loss but has been down to 2 bars out of 5.Takes up to 90 seconds to register on power up-annoying.

Strange, my mum's phone says 48 and it's Huawei. Mine is a Huawei too. Porting going on for 4 hours now and still not done.

Have seen Tescomobile on a Huawei today with 48 sim

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Hi, could anybody give me advice re a samsung phone I bought A70 last Dec. Its overheating at night when not in use. Power save appears to have stopped this. Now phone started switching off several times although no longer overheating and battery not empty.

I have synced and backup contacts and photos to google. I also backed up contacts to samsung.( I have a number of documents on phone but unsure where to store these)Is there anything else I should do before wiping phone for repair. Many thanks.
    Can't advise.Did you buy during the Samsung offer last December? Would be interested to hear of solution via Samsung.Plugged into mains at night? Too many apps downloading updates after midnight?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 199 ✭✭Morries Wigs

Will the 7.99 option for credit be there for everytime i want to top up or do you have to set up automatic monthly withdrawls from bank ac to get the 7.99 deal-signed up last week

Will the 7.99 option for credit be there for everytime i want to top up or do you have to set up automatic monthly withdrawls from bank ac to get the 7.99 deal-signed up last week

Once you buy it once before November 10th you'll keep it.

Plan details outlined here:

https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Thanks

Nope, No 5G access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Finally got ported over had to give them my account no for my pre pay account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

Eir are not releasing an unlocking code for my dad's basic dumb phone. They say it is unlocked.

It is locked.

They are increasing his call charges

48 would be good for him.

Advertisement