Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

beachhead wrote: »
    Can't advise.Did you buy during the Samsung offer last December? Would be interested to hear of solution via Samsung.Plugged into mains at night? Too many apps downloading updates after midnight?

Yes I got about €100 off the Samsung A70 last Dec. About €50 from Samsung and around €50 from Vodafone for changing/porting my number to them ( but never really moved to Vodafone as I'm with Go Mo). I never charge this phone at night as not necessary with fast charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Might take a day or two for the routing database to be updated with the new provider.

If it doesn't work tomorrow morning contact 48 to get it sorted.

So tried this this morning and I received the security text. So far very happy with speed and connection.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

DopeTech wrote: »
    Share the links over in the referral codes forum and save yourself the trip out to the postbox!

Done that.
    It’s just that the physical SIM cards are there so it would avoid waste of those plastic items if they were to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,891 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, that's the better way to go but if someone has been left waiting in vain on a SIM from 48 for an extended period of time, they might like to try an alternate avenue.

Are these still available, ordered one for myself first to see if they work (dodgy reception in our area), and still waiting on others I ordered afterwards to arrive.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are these still available, ordered one for myself first to see if they work (dodgy reception in our area), and still waiting on others I ordered afterwards to arrive.
    Yep. You might want to wait a bit longer on the ones you ordered first though so you get the benefit of the recruiter credit rather than me!

• Advertisement

does anyone have a spare sim available?

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

glasso wrote: »

thanks.

I have 3 here.

If anyone needs one, Just send a PM.

I work in AnPost so have it out today. :pac:

* Please allow 28 days for delivery

thanks.
    Yep, have three spare SIMs.

Quackster wrote: »
    Yep, have three spare SIMs.

thank you but don't think that I'll need one now.

was considering moving to 48 but have now reconsidered to stay with gomo due to gomo having the new upper 120gb data limit and no hard cutoff after (throttled) vs 48 100gb and hard cutoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭wiz569

torrevieja wrote: »
    Holding a phone is not easy so I was just wondering if they have big bUTTON. 3g phones

Have a look at the Doro phones.

• Advertisement

was considering moving to 48 but have now reconsidered to stay with gomo due to gomo having the new upper 120gb data limit and no hard cutoff after (throttled) vs 48 100gb and hard cutoff.
    Yeah, I think anyone who's on the GoMo €9.99 plan and happy out on it would be wise to stay put.

No harm though picking up a 48 SIM and buying one €7.99 membership to lock in the plan print as you'd never know when it might come in handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

Anyone having problems with their payment system today. I cannot get to the verified by visa screen and thus cannot complete the transaction

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Anyone having problems with their payment system today. I cannot get to the verified by visa screen and thus cannot complete the transaction

Same as that. Raging. Decided to port over and set it up for my dad who’s sick in hospital :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

L'prof wrote: »
    Same as that. Raging. Decided to port over and set it up for my dad who’s sick in hospital :mad:

Web chat is available until 9pm if u try that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

what do you mean by that

with gomo you can still use data but at a slower throttled speed (have seen 5 megabit / second mentioned) but afaik with 48 you are just cut off from data after you hit the download limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭FluffPiece

Can confirm with 48, once you hit that limit, it's instant cut off and no more data at all period. Not throttled to a slow speed but simply no data to use at all.

Web chat is available until 9pm if u try that

Too late now. My sister in law would have dropped it into him for me but she’s gone now. I couldn’t give it back to him not working

• Registered Users Posts: 7,414 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

L'prof wrote: »
    Too late now. My sister in law would have dropped it into him for me but she’s gone now. I couldn’t give it back to him not working

It's back working for me now. I was trying to get it going for an elderly relative as well. There is always something...

It's back working for me now. I was trying to get it going for an elderly relative as well. There is always something...

You couldn’t write it. I’ll give it a go now so

Edit: Nope. I’m done with it this evening. Long day

• Advertisement

with gomo you can still use data but at a slower throttled speed (have seen 5 megabit / second mentioned) but afaik with 48 you are just cut off from data after you hit the download limit.
    FluffPiece wrote: »
    Can confirm with 48, once you hit that limit, it's instant cut off and no more data at all period. Not throttled to a slow speed but simply no data to use at all.

You’d want to be some boyo to go through 100gb on your mobile!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Gumbo wrote: »

Realistically unless you use it as a hotspot you would never hit that with just mobile usage. Sure there is probably some exceptions but few and far between.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Realistically unless you use it as a hotspot you would never hit that with just mobile usage. Sure there is probably some exceptions but few and far between.

I used less than 1gb last month!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I used less than 1gb last month!

I deliberately left my wifi off last month and still only used about 25-30. With WiFi on on the phone normally I'd only get through about 10gb a month. Nice to have the spare though.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭FluffPiece

Yeah I'll be in the minority for now.

I'm in a new build so no broadband, so have tested 48, gomo and three sim cards. Burned through the 100gig with testing and a few updates just under 2 weeks.

The three sim is what I'm currently using in the router as it's the most stable. I'm on the edge of coverage in a village but it works until I get proper BB in. Gotta wait for Open Eir to update their systems to get a provider to install :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

I ported from Vodafone PAYG 3 weeks ago, very happy with 48 so far. Vodafone rang me today and offered me a free month if I came back (10GB data, unlimited calls & texts 20 Euro P/M), I'll stick with 48 if the service stays as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

If it was 1000gb for 7.99 you still get someone complaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can get an extra 3GB by swapping 300 minutes for data.
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114578349&postcount=432

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

blade1 wrote: »
    If it was 1000gb for 7.99 you still get someone complaining.

In comparison to Networks abroad we get great offers on Data.

Even the €20 all you can eat offers are great in comparison to what you get abroad .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You can get an extra 3GB by swapping 300 minutes for data.
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=114578349&postcount=432

explain that to me if u have unlimited minutes ?

Advertisement