Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

explain that to me if u have unlimited minutes?

It's not really unlimited as there's fair use of 10,000 minutes.

So there'd be 9,700 mins left after swapping 300 mins for 3GB.

It's more relevant to the previous plans that only had 300 minutes and 20GB but can still be availed of now. There's plenty who wouldn't use 100GB in a year so the extra 3GB is probably only useful if someone has been busy streaming and runs out of data before end of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

I have a new SIM unopened from 48. I've already ported to 48 with another SIM, can I use the unopened one as a 'Recruiter' SIM for a friend ?.

I have a new SIM unopened from 48. I've already ported to 48 with another SIM, can I use the unopened one as a 'Recruiter' SIM for a friend ?.

Only if ordered as a recruiter SIM or via referral link.

AFAIK if it was ordered on it's own then it won't receive the free credit regardless of how it's activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭agfasfos

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Only if ordered as a recruiter SIM or via referral link.

AFAIK if it was ordered on it's own then it won't receive the free credit regardless of how it's activated.

Thought that might be the case, thank you for the clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I asked on chat today about why I wasn't able to text some shortcodes like 50400 etc and this was the response.
    As I checked your case and they left the notes on the ticket that
    48Months do not have agreements for Premium Content providers for SMS shortcodes 5xxxx.
    It's not possible for 48Months subscribers to send SMS to 50400, and this is borne out by there being no CDRs for such a text from the customer.
    Unless and until 48Months arrange agreements with such content providers, this will not be possible.

Its a pity as that number is used for plenty free competitions but I guess you can't have it all for €7.99. I asked do they get many people asking about texting these numbers and his reply was "once in a blue moon"! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

DopeTech wrote: »
    I asked on chat today about why I wasn't able to text some shortcodes like 50400 etc and this was the response.

Its a pity as that number is used for plenty free competitions but I guess you can't have it all for €7.99. I asked do they get many people asking about texting these numbers and his reply was "once in a blue moon"! :)

This month there is a blue moon.

Edit: 31st October 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

so glad as those premium texts cost me and my friends plenty before. that was the scam when i was on billpay where they took the money first, but gave it back when you challenged them over it.
    i lost 25, my friend got charged 80 which we fought for and got back, but since then , no more billpay phone for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Trying to port away from 48 to Lyca mobile - currently stuck as my IMEI doesn't have 19 digits! Lyca said to contact provider but I don't want to alert 48 that I'm moving away as I'll be heading straight back for the offer. Anyone else had this problem??

Failing that, anyone have a link to the eir porting page? Only get to the FAQ, can't see where form is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,039 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I still haven’t been able to top up my dad’s account and I can’t find the web chat anywhere. Tearing my hair out here, does anybody have a direct link to their webchat?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭spakman

Trying to port away from 48 to Lyca mobile - currently stuck as my IMEI doesn't have 19 digits! Lyca said to contact provider but I don't want to alert 48 that I'm moving away as I'll be heading straight back for the offer. Anyone else had this problem??

Why are Lyca looking for your IMEI? That's your handset number, nothing to do with your 48 account.

IMEI has nothing to do with porting.

Is it possibly the ICCID they want...that's 19 digits (8935313....) and is written on the Lyca SIM card, nothing to do with 48.

The only interaction with 48 is entering the porting code that Lyca send to the 48 SIM.

IMEI has nothing to do with porting.

Is it possibly the ICCID they want...that's 19 digits (8935313....) and is written on the Lyca SIM card, nothing to do with 48.

The only interaction with 48 is entering the porting code that Lyca send to the 48 SIM.

I thought IMEI and ICCID were the same thing :o! Either way, I don't have full 19 digits printed on my 48 SIM card, just 13 digits and BB....

I thought IMEI and ICCID were the same thing :o! Either way, I don't have full 19 digits printed on my 48 SIM card, just 13 digits and BB....

It's the Lyca SIM ICCID you need, Lyca can't do anything with the 48 SIM ICCID. All Lyca need is your mobile number to send the code to.

It's the Lyca SIM ICCID you need, Lyca can't do anything with the 48 SIM ICCID. All Lyca need is your mobile number to send the code to.

I thought this too but they've listed different fields for my ICCID, the network, type of SIM, etc. and further down they ask for the LycaSIM ICCID. Sorry I started this now, no luck getting eir on webchat so can't move to them either at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭spakman

I thought this too but they've listed different fields for my ICCID, the network, type of SIM, etc. and further down they ask for the LycaSIM ICCID. Sorry I started this now, no luck getting eir on webchat so can't move to them either at the moment!!

48 SIM mightn't have 89353 printed on it, that's a given for all Irish SIMs so you can enter that before the rest of the digits on your SIM.

That's unusual, maybe someone else who moved to Lyca can elaborate on that but it's usually the recipient network (Lyca) ICCID they need to apply the ported number to.

Anyway, the 48 SIM ICCID is 893531 + the number on the SIM which is 13 digits giving a full 19 digit ICCID.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

glasso wrote: »
    thank you but don't think that I'll need one now.

was considering moving to 48 but have now reconsidered to stay with gomo due to gomo having the new upper 120gb data limit and no hard cutoff after (throttled) vs 48 100gb and hard cutoff.

gomo might as well be a hard cutoff - it's pretty much unusable over the data limit

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Hi, could anybody give me advice re a samsung phone I bought A70 last Dec. Its overheating at night when not in use. Power save appears to have stopped this. Now phone started switching off several times although no longer overheating and battery not empty.

I have synced and backup contacts and photos to google. I also backed up contacts to samsung.( I have a number of documents on phone but unsure where to store these)Is there anything else I should do before wiping phone for repair. Many thanks.

I had a similar issue and it was related to one app. I did not find the culprit on the batter usage screen. I had the idea that it could be the covid app was stuck and was doing work, wasting all my battery. I was right, uninstalling and installing it again solved the issue.

Maybe in your cases is another app. Check battery usage and also remember last apps that you installed

That's unusual, maybe someone else who moved to Lyca can elaborate on that but it's usually the recipient network (Lyca) ICCID they need to apply the ported number to.

Anyway, the 48 SIM ICCID is 893531 + the number on the SIM which is 13 digits giving a full 19 digit ICCID.

I've finally gotten the length to 19 digits by adding the 893531+ (thank you to the two posters who told me about this) but I still get the error message. Currently on a web chat, hoping they can help.

• Advertisement

jdon72 wrote: »
    gomo might as well be a hard cutoff - it's pretty much unusable over the data limit

It was increased from 2 to 5mb speeds recently according to a few posters here. You wouldn't want to be using it in a hotspot as your main broadband connection at those speeds but would get you out of a fix if you needed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

I ordered a sim 3 weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived, anyone have similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I ordered a sim 3 weeks ago and it still hasnt arrived, anyone have similar issues?

Suggest you re-order

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Deadwards.com

Hi everyone,

I ported over the other day but keep getting a message on my iPhone saying 'FaceTime and iMessage, Your network provider may charge for SMS messages used to activate FaceTime and iMessage'

I was on to 48 chat yesterday and they told me to top my account up by €1 which I did but I'm still getting the message.

Happy with the service otherwise but this pop up is driving me mad.

Sorry if this has been asked already but I haven't seen any answer to it on my look through the thread.

Cheers
    Deadwards

I've finally gotten the length to 19 digits by adding the 893531+ (thank you to the two posters who told me about this) but I still get the error message. Currently on a web chat, hoping they can help.

I've been told to email a screenshot of the error, got a standard reply that doesn't fill me with hope that it's going to be a good outcome! Will try and get on to eir to find their porting page.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

I've been told to email a screenshot of the error, got a standard reply that doesn't fill me with hope that it's going to be a good outcome! Will try and get on to eir to find their porting page.
    You can order a free SIM with Vodafone too. Use the Vodafone X link on the homepage. It'll tell you €20 top-up required but you don't actually have to pay that to receive the SIM.

Are you logged in to Lyca portal or are you using this page....
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/help/transfer-your-number/

Did you get the verification code (OTP)?

Are you logged in to Lyca portal or are you using this page....
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/help/transfer-your-number/

Did you get the verification code (OTP)?

I AM using that page, got the OTP (several times at this stage!!) through this page. Is there another page I should be on?

Quackster wrote: »
    You can order a free SIM with Vodafone too. Use the Vodafone X link on the homepage. It'll tell you €20 top-up required but you don't actually have to pay that to receive the SIM.

Thanks, will order. Have 7 days until my current membership ends, thought this would be straightforward!!

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Yes, that's a handy way of getting an 087 number on a cheap network!

Advertisement