Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

The phone that the referral SIM was put into doesn't have 4g, only 3, should it still connect?

attachment.php?attachmentid=530376&d=1603491214[img][/img]

IMG-20201023-232136.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

It should work fine on 3g. Have you activated the sim on their website?

Those apn settings are wrong. You need to either edit that one or create a new one and make sure it's selected.

The correct settings attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

Anyone having issues with Network this morning?

Currently I have emergency calls only. Yesterday my signal dropped from 4G to H+ also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Can memberships be stacked and what’s the max you could stack?

• Advertisement

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Can memberships be stacked and what’s the max you could stack?

They can be stacked. I don't think there is a limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Anyone using 48 up around the North Inishown region?

Wondering what the service and speed is like?

DopeTech wrote: »
    It should work fine on 3g. Have you activated the sim on their website?

Those apn settings are wrong. You need to either edit that one or create a new one and make sure it's selected.

The correct settings attached.

Sorted, thanks.. :)

NIMAN wrote: »
    Anyone using 48 up around the North Inishown region?

Wondering what the service and speed is like?

You're best off just get a free sim and test it out yourself using the 1gb free data.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My cousin having trouble porting today.
    He has an EIR account with him and his wife on it.
    The ports failed due to it being a multi line account.

Onto CS who said the port is in progress again but I have my doubts as their 48 accounts don’t show any sign of porting.

• Advertisement

Gumbo wrote: »
    My cousin having trouble porting today.
    He has an EIR account with him and his wife on it.
    The ports failed due to it being a multi line account.

Onto CS who said the port is in progress again but I have my doubts as their 48 accounts don’t show any sign of porting.

48 will probably sort it out. Failing that they could move the number to eir pay as you go. And then try port again.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,274 ✭✭✭✭zell12

sibersha wrote: »
    Anyone having issues with Network this morning?
    Currently I have emergency calls only. Yesterday my signal dropped from 4G to H+ also
    Dropping repeatedly in the hours.
    Very annoying. I'm a new subscriber, Lyca (also a Three mvno) was almost guaranteed coverage/internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Dropping repeatedly in the hours.
    Very annoying. I'm a new subscriber, Lyca (also a Three mvno) was almost guaranteed coverage/internet

No idea if it makes any difference but try it with Data Roaming off.

If it's dropping out in 4G mode then try it on 3G only.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Thinking of porting my number over in the next few days. What is the signal like for phone and data? Id make a huge saving paying only 8e a month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Thinking of porting my number over in the next few days. What is the signal like for phone and data? Id make a huge saving paying only 8e a month

Coverage can be checked on https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map. I’d still sign up and use the sim where coverage matters to you. After 10+ years on bill €60 a month I switched to 48 so plenty of saving to be had. Although support to via chat they are a lot quicker than most mobile networks.

Generally the same as what it's like on the 3 network as they operate on that network. Nobody can really answer your question though as we all might have great signal etc but your house could be in a blackspot or too well insulated causing poor speeds. Only way to know for sure is to get a free sim and test it out. They come with 1gb of data and €1 to make calls texts.then if you like it you can buy a membership and port your number over.

Use a referral link to sign up and get your second month free too.

Generally the same as what it's like on the 3 network as they operate on that network. Nobody can really answer your question though as we all might have great signal etc but your house could be in a blackspot or too well insulated causing poor speeds. Only way to know for sure is to get a free sim and test it out. They come with 1gb of data and €1 to make calls texts.then if you like it you can buy a membership and port your number over.

Use a referral link to sign up and get your second month free too.

Good idea to test before and didnt know about the referral link.

Thanks

Darren 83 wrote: »
    Coverage can be checked on https://coveragemap.comreg.ie/map. I’d still sign up and use the sim where coverage matters to you. After 10+ years on bill €60 a month I switched to 48 so plenty of saving to be had. Although support to via chat they are a lot quicker than most mobile networks.

I am in the same boat paying 50euro bill a month so think i will change and thanks for the link the coverage seems good.

Good idea to test before and didnt know about the referral link.

Thanks

Yes, if you are with 3 then you should have a good idea what these will be like but otherwise I'd definitely recommend you get a sim and do a few speed tests in your house/work etc

Referral codes can't be posted in this thread but take your pick from the thread here : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1

You can add yours there after you get set up too so if anyone uses your link you'll get another free month.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You're best off just get a free sim and test it out yourself using the 1gb free data.

Can you use their SIM in a wireless router and use it as your household internet source?

• Advertisement

Can you use their SIM in a wireless router and use it as your household internet source?

Yes, plenty in this thread are doing it. There is a hard data cut-off at 100gb though.

Gomo only begin to throttle your speeds down to 5Mb when you use 120GB

Vodafone have unlimited data for €20 on Vodafone X but it's capped at 10Mb speeds.

Three also have unlimited data for €20 top up.

Depending on needs one of the others might suit better.

Yes, if you are with 3 then you should have a good idea what these will be like but otherwise I'd definitely recommend you get a sim and do a few speed tests in your house/work etc

Referral codes can't be posted in this thread but take your pick from the thread here : https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1

You can add yours there after you get set up too so if anyone uses your link you'll get another free month.

Damn i signed up already but i havent activated the sim.

I wonder is there a way around it?

Damn i signed up already but i havent activated the sim.

I wonder is there a way around it?

I think the only way around it is to order again using a referral link.

I think the only way around it is to order again using a referral link.

Or maybe someone on here who has spare recruiter sims could send you one in the post. That would probably be quicker than waiting on 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

thanks dopetech for the apn settings, has helped me out no end. its not perfect , none of them are , but as a way to have free calls and texts and a very useful 100 gbs , which i have already nearly reefed through at a rate of knots, for 7.99 for a full 30 days , fair play.
    when i was away, vodafone proved the better choice as out of this country, the x unlimited was not throttled to 10mbs, so was getting decent speeds . and as i was in the eu, it was like home, not roaming rates.
    so for a full on broadband experience, id still prefer to use a hotspot than sign up to a static router, so as to be able to travel with it, and at the moment , 3 seems to be the way to go.
    just my tuppence.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

I have them in 2 different routers. Works perfectly for me as it's used on a farm connected to security cameras and Wifi plugs.

If you watch movies and Netflix etc you will burn through the 100gb pretty quickly.

Me wife and 3 kids we use 500 to 800 gig per month

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭glen123

Apologies if this q had already been asked.

I've auto-renewal turned off because I want to use my balance when buying next month membership.

Current one is expiring in 3 days. Can i renew it now for it to kick off in 3 days or do I need to do it after current one expires?

Thanks.

glen123 wrote: »
    Apologies if this q had already been asked.

I've auto-renewal turned off because I want to use my balance when buying next month membership.

Current one is expiring in 3 days. Can i renew it now for it to kick off in 3 days or do I need to do it after current one expires?

Thanks.

Yes you can buy it now and it will queue, you can queue multiple if you have enough credit to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Got one of these for my wife. She's currently on Vodafone bill pay which we are going to change tomorrow to PAYG.
    Then port over to the 48.ie.

I activated the 48.ie sim this morning and am using the free 1gb in my phone as it's dual SIM.

Could someone let me know please what are the steps for my wife in porting her number over.

Do we buy the 7.99 membership first and then go to the app for porting over.
    Or do we port over first and then buy the membership.

Also as wife's phone is not dual SIM. Is it a case of leaving the Vodafone SIM in the phone untill it has no signal and then replacing it with the 47.ie sim

Tried looking back through the thread, but to be honest, I found it a tad confusing

• Advertisement

Berberis wrote: »
    Got one of these for my wife. She's currently on Vodafone bill pay which we are going to change tomorrow to PAYG.
    Then port over to the 48.ie.

I activated the 48.ie sim this morning and am using the free 1gb in my phone as it's dual SIM.

Could someone let me know please what are the steps for my wife in porting her number over.

Do we buy the 7.99 membership first and then go to the app for porting over.
    Or do we port over first and then buy the membership.

Also as wife's phone is not dual SIM. Is it a case of leaving the Vodafone SIM in the phone untill it has no signal and then replacing it with the 47.ie sim

Tried looking back through the thread, but to be honest, I found it a tad confusing

She needs to log in to My48 on 48.ie and under settings you have the option to Move My Number. Follow this and it'll begin the port. She can buy the membership before or after the port, it makes no difference.

Yes, it's best to leave the Vodafone Sim in the phone until the signal dies. Then just swap them over. Is she sure the phone is unlocked so it can be used on other networks?

Advertisement