Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

gussieg wrote: »
    Oh dear. I was down to last 2gbs of data, so I bought another 7.99 membership , all seemed good. Then today got a message from the app to say my data had run out. Now it won't even let me log in to the app. Anyone else having this issue?
    Thanks

AFAIK that membership wont kick in until your month is up, you need to buy addons
    The App is rubbish constant login failures, use a web browser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Don't think the new membership will work until the current one ends so the remaining 2GB has probably run out.

Have you tried swapping minutes for data?

Use the website to log in, the app isn't very reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭danielgalway

Just ported number over this morning and seeing I have a H+ connection at home - based on the check I did of my area I should have a 4G connection. Has anyone ran into something similar? Scratch that, got it sorted thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭gussieg

I've managed to swap to 3gbs , so along with add ons, that's all I have to do me til November 17th? Aaaagh! I have another Sim knocking around but can't find it now, never mind, will just have to get off the net more often . Maybe start baking and sculpting and gardening again. Write that classic. How bad. Thanks for info .

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Hi..just a few queries with this. I ordered a SIM and got it in the post. My mother is going to switch from eir. How do you go about unlocking the phone so it will be able to accept the 48 SIM card? Also my mother normally has extra credit on phone for ringing America/entering competitions, can you also top up more credit for this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Cannot get an Asus Zenfone set up for data. Have checked and rechecked the APN details a million times. Pulling my hair out. Anyone have a similar issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Tork

Has anybody had problems setting up mms on their phones? (yes, I know it sounds like 2004 just called on a flip phone)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Cannot get an Asus Zenfone set up for data. Have checked and rechecked the APN details a million times. Pulling my hair out. Anyone have a similar issue?

Do you have another phone to try it in to make sure it's working?

Tork wrote: »
    Has anybody had problems setting up mms on their phones? (yes, I know it sounds like 2004 just called on a flip phone)

Assuming you have set it up correctly in apn settings, do you have credit to send them? They aren't included in the plan. Only sms.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Assuming you have set it up correctly in apn settings, do you have credit to send them? They aren't included in the plan. Only sms.

Hmm. Maybe that's the problem. The data is working fine on the smartphone and there is an mms apn on it too.

• Advertisement

Hmm. Maybe that's the problem. The data is working fine on the smartphone and there is an mms apn on it too.

Mms are about 30c each.

Mms are about 30c each.

It makes sense that they're not built into the €7.99 package. I don't send them that often - I just have a family member who's a bit of a phone holdout and is unlikely to ever own a smartphone.

It makes sense that they're not built into the €7.99 package. I don't send them that often - I just have a family member who's a bit of a phone holdout and is unlikely to ever own a smartphone.

Buy them one for Christmas! It'll be cheaper in the long run!!

You haven't met them :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

What exactly does....

"Sorry!. This msisdn already exists"

....mean when trying to port to 48?

What exactly does....

"Sorry!. This msisdn already exists"

....mean when trying to port to 48?

It means it thinks that number you entered is already on 48.

It means it thinks that number you entered is already on 48.

It used to be but not now. Any idea how to solve it other than non-existant customer care?

It used to be but not now. Any idea how to solve it other than non-existant customer care?

Customer care can sort it out. Just ask them tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

How long since it was on 48? Someone else had a problem attempting to port back on the same day. That might extend to more than a day at weekends but don't know for sure.

Are you using the same email address?

• Advertisement

Are you using the same email address as you did when you were with them originally? Maybe try a different email. Failing that contact customer care.

Thanks to all for the suggestions...

Ten Pin wrote: »
    How long since it was on 48?

Since GoMo €9.99
    Are you using the same email address as you did when you were with them originally? Maybe try a different email. Failing that contact customer care.

Tried just now changing my email address but no difference.

I came here after waiting three days for a response from 48 customer care so no point contacting them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Anyone know what to do when message fails to a 50100 text number. These are free text numbers.

PopTarts wrote: »
    Anyone know what to do when message fails to a 50100 text number. These are free text numbers.

You can't text 50100 or 50400 on 48. I asked and they said they don't have an agreement with the providers of those numbers. Maybe if enough people complain they would get them added but probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Anyone help me with this, put in a new 48 sim into my unlocked dual sim phone, have tesco in on the other sim, full bars 4g but I am not get any network on the 48 sim at all, tried another new 48 sim card ( got 2 of them ), same thing, no network. Have changed the apn on phone but can't figure out what I am doing wrong when I am getting no network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

slimboyfat wrote: »
    Anyone help me with this, put in a new 48 sim into my unlocked dual sim phone, have tesco in on the other sim, full bars 4g but I am not get any network on the 48 sim at all, tried another new 48 sim card ( got 2 of them ), same thing, no network. Have changed the apn on phone but can't figure out what I am doing wrong when I am getting no network.

Bit of an obvious question but have you activated the sims on the 48 website

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭slimboyfat

Quackster wrote: »
    You can't use your credit to make calls or send texts without an active membership though so that wouldn't work.

I have now, but still no network.

Edit - I do now, thanks for your help

slimboyfat wrote: »
    I have now, but still no network.

Edit - I do now, thanks for your help

Can take about 15-30 minutes for data to activate after you activate the sim it seems. A few people have had this I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

How have people been finding using these sims as the primary broadband in the house?
    Thinking of getting two sims and putting a router each end of the house, switch sims if allowances getting close to the 100gb. Had an order with Vodafone, lets just say I should have looked at turstpilot before doing that!
    I'd invest in a decent sim router be worth it in the long run if no disadvatages! Speed on 48 seems to be genearlly above 50 mb/s and up to 130 mb/s so would be faster than the 28mb/s vodafone can offer through the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

How have people been finding using these sims as the primary broadband in the house?

What type of router would you recommend.

Good idea

Advertisement