Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Just wondering for extra credit on phone for ringing America/entering competitions, can you also top up more credit for this?

Credit can be added for non inclusive services.

AFAIK shortcut SMS 5xxxx doesn't work but premium rate 15xx calls do work.
    https://48.ie/charges/other-call-charges

International call costs...
    https://48.ie/charges/international-calls
    ...at 75c per minute to USA, I'd be looking elsewhere for those calls eg VOIP services such as Viber Out or Yolla

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭FrasierCrane

I'm looking to move my mother to this deal but need to pick up a new phone for her also. Looking at the Doro 8050. It's available on Tesco mobile prepay. https://www.tescomobile.ie/phone-details/456/Doro-8050?prepay=1 Anyone know if I can get this on Tesco and use with this deal. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

I'm looking to move my mother to this deal but need to pick up a new phone for her also. Looking at the Doro 8050. It's available on Tesco mobile prepay. https://www.tescomobile.ie/phone-details/456/Doro-8050?prepay=1 Anyone know if I can get this on Tesco and use with this deal. Thanks

The phone might be locked to Tesco. Probably better off getting a sim free phone off Amazon.

It won't work with a non Tesco SIM if it's locked to Tesco mobile which it probably is.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭FrasierCrane

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It won't work with a non Tesco SIM if it's locked to Tesco mobile which it probably is.

Thanks. Wondering will it be locked to Tesco if it's prepay. Sometimes prepay phones aren't always locked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Given that 48 uses the same MNC as Tesco Mobile, 48 SIMs may well work in phones locked to TM. (Like the way Vodafone & Post Mobile SIMs work in phones locked to each others networks.)

Has anyone here tried?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭JAMCAR

Hi, all if i purchase new membership before the current plan runs out will my membership start early
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

JAMCAR wrote: »
    Hi, all if i purchase new membership before the current plan runs out will my membership start early
    Thanks.
    No, you can't buy 2 memberships in the same month, your membership won't start until the renewal date, you can buy add-ons, or swap minutes for data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

New bank card came and old one expired, 48 won't take the new one for payment, keeps getting rejected, customer support just has me running round in circles trying things I had already done. Anyone any ideas or had this problem?

I have been able to change bank card details in settings/payment details.You might need to do it more than once before it is accepted.When accepted you get an email confirmation which could be a day later.

dualamann wrote: »
    An odd question to add during a travel restriction, but has anyone tried 48 abroad?

I note that they are using a dual-network SIM just like TescoMobile and VirginMobile. 48 runs on the same "MVNO" handler as these networks (LiffeyTelecom/Three). On these networks, when you're roaming you're actually running as a Belgian Proximus SIM. From past experience with both, only 3G is available when roaming. It's fine but agonizingly slow.

Can anyone confirm if 4G works abroad (EU or otherwise), and in which country you had a chance to test in please?

(for the curious, check your SIM applications > when abroad > international and you'll see that the sim switches magically from 48 to Proximus. Sim applications are available under mobile data on iphones)
    Tried to use 48 sim in Northern Ireland-no data access and texts took ages to go.Calls not tried.

• Advertisement

Not directly

If you're trying to get new deal on an existing 48 SIM then you need to port out to another network and then back in to the other 48 SIM

Their customer support will do this if you get the right individual on the other end of chat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

beachhead wrote: »
    Tried to use 48 sim in Northern Ireland-no data access and texts took ages to go.Calls not tried.

data roaming switched on ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Anyones network down this morning? Can't make calls. The Internet works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭DopeTech

rizzee wrote: »
    Anyones network down this morning? Can't make calls. The Internet works fine.

Working ok for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Lots of outages for Three this morning so could have affected it. I'll keep an eye on it.

EDIT - I can receive calls, just can't make them.

EDIT #2 - after being on with LiveChat, it seems the replacement sim is the final option.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Just switched my number. Got a text saying they were sending me their mobile data settings, but I accidently swiped them away before opening them. What do I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

The settings have been posted a few times in this thread
    Also available on the 48 website

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

_Godot_ wrote: »
    Just switched my number. Got a text saying they were sending me their mobile data settings, but I accidently swiped them away before opening them. What do I do now?

Bookmark this page.
    https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53106

Scroll down for the settings.

If ye need to top up do it now! Planned maintenance tonight.
    Portal Outage Notification

We’re scheduled to undergo some essential maintenance on Nov 3nd from 10pm – 4.30am. This means 48.ie and My48 app will be unavailable during this time. Calls, texts and data are not affected during the update. Maintenance improvements are being carried out outside of business hours so as not to impact your experience, thanks for your understanding and patience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

DopeTech wrote: »
    If ye need to top up do it now! Planned maintenance tonight.

got my 48 sim today and going to top it up tomorrow,whats the easiest and best way to top up?,as i,ve heard some folk say the app is crap for topping up?.

• Advertisement

The website is the easiest way to buy a membership or top up is via the website.

48.ie

You'll only need to top up if you want additional credit on your account for making calls/texts not included in the monthly membership you need to buy.

Membership is in the menu on the left hand side after you log in.

Top up is a bit more hidden. It's in the menu under settings- Payment details-> Add credit

The website is the easiest way to buy a membership or top up is via the website.

48.ie

You'll only need to top up if you want additional credit on your account for making calls/texts not included in the monthly membership you need to buy.

Membership is in the menu on the left hand side after you log in.

Top up is a bit more hidden. It's in the menu under settings- Payment details-> Add credit

i have forgotten what email and password i used,tryed my own email and not working.any ideas ??.

bassy wrote: »
    i have forgotten what email and password i used,tryed my own email and not working.any ideas ??.

Check all your inboxes. 48 will have sent you an email and then use this email to request a password reset.

Order confirmation comes from 48@mail.48.ie

Check all your inboxes. 48 will have sent you an email and then use this email to request a password reset.

i checked and not a thing :(

Gift shop...

https://48.ie/gift-shop

How did you activate the SIM without logging in?

i checked and not a thing :(

You could contact them on chat and maybe they will tell you if you can verify your identity some other way but I'm not sure if they would do that. No harm in asking. You can give them your name, address, dob, sim number. They are online for another 15 minutes.

You could contact them on chat and maybe they will tell you if you can verify your identity some other way but I'm not sure if they would do that. No harm in asking. You can give them your name, address, dob, sim number. They are online for another 15 minutes.

got sorted,how soon will the sim be activated?.
    also whats the apn details needed to try the free 1gb data?.

all sorted guys thanks :) just need to top up tomorrow to avail of the 7.99 deal :)

got sorted,how soon will the sim be activated?.
    also whats the apn details needed to try the free 1gb data?.

Have you logged in and activated it? If so, could be about 30 minutes, maybe less. Apn settings are about 10 posts back if I remember correctly.

• Advertisement

Have you logged in and activated it? If so, could be about 30 minutes, maybe less. Apn settings are about 10 posts back if I remember correctly.

Yes logged in and got my new number etc and I'm currently typing this on my mobile with the free 48 1gb data so i think I'm good to go now.

Advertisement