Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭DopeTech

bassy wrote: »
    Yes logged in and got my new number etc and I'm currently typing this on my mobile with the free 48 1gb data so i think I'm good to go now.

Yeah, just a matter of buying the membership then provided you are happy with the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yeah, just a matter of buying the membership then provided you are happy with the service.

just rang the number and all good,but the speed is dyer like 1mb down in the house here and about 5mb down when i go outside.
    im on eir and its not great here with speed down either,but i do live in a rural location so im sure thats the problem,cause i bet if i was in town i would get a lot faster speeds etc
    but not to worried as ive eir home bb here and my phone is on the wifi.

just rang the number and all good,but the speed is dyer like 1mb down in the house here and about 5mb down when i go outside.
    im on eir and its not great here with speed down either,but i do live in a rural location so im sure thats the problem,cause i bet if i was in town i would get a lot faster speeds etc
    but not to worried as ive eir home bb here and my phone is on the wifi.

Are you getting 4g? If you're only getting 3g then check the apn settings and make sure it's not set to Tesco.liffettelecom.

Also check the coverage map on their site to see if you should be getting 4g

Are you getting 4g? If you're only getting 3g then check the apn settings and make sure it's not set to Tesco.liffettelecom.

getting the H+ beside signal bars is that 3G?..

getting the H+ beside signal bars is that 3G?..

Yeah

• Advertisement

Yeah

on my eir sim i get 4G and only the following speeds 2.10 down 0.94 upload pretty poor for a 4G signal on eir mobile.

on my eir sim i get 4G and only the following speeds 2.10 down 0.94 upload pretty poor for a 4G signal on eir mobile.

Check you're not using Tesco apn. If you are you'll never get 4g.

Check you're not using Tesco apn. If you are you'll never get 4g.

APN
    data.mymeteor.ie

APN
    data.mymeteor.ie

That's the eir apn.

That's the eir apn.

yes im on the eir sim here till i top up my 48 tomorrow.i was just on about my eir sim has 4G signal but piss poor down and upload speeds.

• Advertisement

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Change it to....

48months.liffeytelecom.com

thats for 48 ye,i will be topping up my 48 sim tomorrow.
    am currently using a eir sim with 4G and the speeds are piss poor even with 4G

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Got the calls back up and running about am hour after my message earlier. Hit 155mbps today too! Swings and roundabouts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

I get 4G with Tesco settings

beachhead wrote: »
    I get 4G with Tesco settings

A number of people on here have said they couldn't get 4g with the Tesco settings but once they used the 48 ones they could.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

activated my sim a few days ago and initiated a port - two days later, I can't access anything while logged into the 48.ie site - can't use the money to buy the membership and there seems to be absolutely no way to contact support to see what is going on. Simply unbelievable that there is zero support.

Supposedly a web chat icon should appear if an agent is available but it isn't there at all and there is no email or contact details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

activated my sim a few days ago and initiated a port - two days later, I can't access anything while logged into the 48.ie site - can't use the money to buy the membership and there seems to be absolutely no way to contact support to see what is going on. Simply unbelievable that there is zero support.

Supposedly a web chat icon should appear if an agent is available but it isn't there at all and there is no email or contact details.

There's maintenance going on now. Livechat Icon appears on the bottom right but you could be waiting a few minutes, not sure if it's active now with maintenance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

I tried support@48months.zendesk.com but no reply after four days.
    I tried facebook messenger but no reply after four days.

By chance I found the webchat icon active last Monday and got talking there.

Here's what their webpage says about webchat...

Web chat
    We can offer support during these times :

9am - 9pm Mon - Fri
    9am - 8pm Sat & Sun

If our live chat button isn’t visible, all of our care agents are busy assisting others, please check back shortly.

Web chat is available right now.... 12:05

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

I have a few spare unused 48 sims for this deal (which ends on Tuesday next btw!). If anyone wants them just PM me your address and I'll post them to you.

• Advertisement

rizzee wrote: »
    There's maintenance going on now. Livechat Icon appears on the bottom right but you could be waiting a few minutes, not sure if it's active now with maintenance.

I've been able to login past the maintenance window.
    Web chat is available right now.... 12:05

Well, I've missed it and have yet to see the web chat icon.
    Still, it's ridiculous that you have to constantly refresh/sit and stare at the screen for hours just on the offchance to get some support - not even the ability to log a ticket or get email support.

At this rate, I won't be able to get the 100Gb membership as it'll still be porting next week when the offer is over. Not allowed to buy one while porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

Still, it's ridiculous that you have to constantly refresh/sit and stare at the screen for hours just on the offchance to get some support - not even the ability to log a ticket or get email support.

At this rate, I won't be able to get the 100Gb membership as it'll still be porting next week when the offer is over. Not allowed to buy one while porting.

Buy first select new number and then request porting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

Yeah I can understand it's really annoying. If I was still willing to proceed with 48.ie, then I would communicate with them over one of their social media customer support platforms: Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat or Instagram stating clearly in your message of the times/date you were unable to access the "live chat now" icon via 48.ie website. At least that way you can demonstrate you had attempted to avail of the offer in advance as there will be a written record and that you should not be penalised if the delay causes you to miss out at a later stage as your starting process request was delayed beyond your control. Not sure if the 48 Community forum is worth looking at in this situation as can be helpful at times with many issues.

https://community.48.ie/

https://community.48.ie/t5/Phones/Live-chat/m-p/54436#M3461

boardz wrote: »
    Buy first select new number and then request porting

I logged in and activated my sim - it asked if I wanted to port and I gave the number and code texted to it to verify. I can't do anything else.

Perhaps I should have bought the package for the 089number give first but I've no options now but to try somehow get through to a support line.

People should be aware that there is a near-zero facility to get through to support, no contact number, no email and a web chat facility that only appears if you've graduated from Hogwarts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

I logged in and activated my sim - it asked if I wanted to port and I gave the number and code texted to it to verify. I can't do anything else.

Perhaps I should have bought the package for the 089number give first but I've no options now but to try somehow get through to a support line.

People should be aware that there is a near-zero facility to get through to support, no contact number, no email and a web chat facility that only appears if you've graduated from Hogwarts.

Agree the support channels are limited but anytime I'm on the website the chat facility is there. Its up at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I suspect with this promotional offer period due to close in 6 days time, they may be overwhelmed with new customers interacting on the 48.ie website. Of course it is annoying from a customer perspective although; 48.ie are not the first or last firm to fall short in terms of customer support availability. GOMO experienced similar negative reviews when it originally launched with it's 9.99 offer for life and my experience with other telcos in general can be hit and miss. If people demand reliable customer support at all times it will probably result in a much higher price-point than 7.99EUR for 100GB Data, All Calls, All Texts so; something has to give.

The promotional offer in question has been open for quite a while now so; I suppose leaving it until the last few days was always a risk as it was likely to be busy as they have been promoting a popular promotional package across the national media lately.

I hope you are successful in your endeavours and I know it is frustrating but one has to be realistic as there are firms charging a lot more for their services and they can be just as bad when it comes to providing timely customer support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Snotty

Anyone else experience roaming issues, was up north yesterday and no data at all, didn't try calls but it did show signal.
    Roaming enabled, checked APN.
    I'm near the border so manually connected to UK (o2) and nothing I did would allow data

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Anyone else unable to buy a membership?

I'm getting the following "Sorry you are not allowed to purchase memberships, since you have a Bundle in progress" even though I haven't bought anything.

I've only used the 1GB to test the coverage/speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

theShire wrote: »
    Anyone else unable to buy a membership?

I'm getting the following "Sorry you are not allowed to purchase memberships, since you have a Bundle in progress" even though I haven't bought anything.

I've only used the 1GB to test the coverage/speed.

Happened to me, I had to get onto them on chat, sorted in 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Snotty wrote: »
    Anyone else experience roaming issues, was up north yesterday and no data at all, didn't try calls but it did show signal.
    Roaming enabled, checked APN.
    I'm near the border so manually connected to UK (o2) and nothing I did would allow data

Yeah although I had data but only O2 UK 3G works

Advertisement