Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm working from home, I've signed up to use the 48 SIM just for tethering (my actual mobile is with GoMo). Let's say you use up your 100GB before the month is out, can you pay another €7.99 and get another 100GB or do you have to wait until the calendar month is up? They've changed set up at work, this is way more data-heavy than before and I've been doing a rake of overtime, so now I'm left with only 1.29GB and I still have 10 days to go, but I can't find any mention of it on the website or anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

New Home wrote: »
    I'm working from home, I've signed up to use the 48 SIM just for tethering (my actual mobile is with GoMo). Let's say you use up your 100GB before the month is out, can you pay another €7.99 and get another 100GB or do you have to wait until the calendar month is up? They've changed set up at work, this is way more data-heavy than before and I've been doing a rake of overtime, so now I'm left with only 1.29GB and I still have 10 days to go, but I can't find any mention of it on the website or anywhere else.

If,you buy another e7.99 it won't start until your rollover date.An addon might help but have never tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can tether with gomo so use that if 48 100GB runs out.

You can also swap 300 minutes for 3GB in Flexi Data options in my48.

Membership lasts the full month, if 100GB + 3GB swap data is used up before end of month then you've no data for the remainder. Best way around that is to order a 48 recruit SIM and use that when first SIMs allowance runs out early. Order the SIM now and hope it arrives by 10th November to get the 7.99 deal on the new SIM.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I might use the GoMo one for the next few days, so. Amazing to see how much more data-heavy my new work network is, I barely got to 50GB a month before.

Thanks for the answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

I've found this under Price Plans in the App. Scroll down to the text highlighted in Bold. It says you can buy add ons.When your allowance is used up they will contact you and offer the add on.

48's price plan rules – 40GB Membership, 80GB Membership and 100GB Membership
    These are the details for your 48 Price Plan and these are in addition to the General Terms for 48 Services.

Membership:
    When you register your 48 SIM Card you are able to receive calls. To use our other services you will need a Monthly Membership. Once you top up your SIM card you can select your preferred Monthly Membership option online. The details are set out below. All usage is within the Republic of Ireland only including recipients of calls and texts, unless otherwise stated.

Memberships
    40GB Membership
    40GB of ROI data of which you may use a maximum of 9GB in EU/UK, subject to you having data allowance available when you travel. For example, if you use 16GB data in Ireland you will have a combined balance of 4GB remaining. Your EU/UK roaming allowance is now also effectively 4GB.

Unlimited minutes for calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818, …) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland.

Unlimited texts to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland.

80GB Membership
    80GB of ROI data of which you may use a maximum of 10GB in EU/UK, subject to you having data allowance available when you travel. For example if you use 73GB data in Ireland you will have a combined balance of 7GB remaining. Your EU/UK roaming allowance is now also effectively 7GB.

Unlimited minutes for calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland.

Unlimited texts to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland.

100GB Membership
    This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link https://48.ie/activate-sim) and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 10th November 2020(Offer Period”). If your first 100GB membership purchase is during the Offer Period, you can continue to purchase this 100GB membership until such time as you leave the 48 service. However if you switch to another 48 membership you will not be permitted to switch back to the 100GB membership.

100GB of ROI data of which you may use a maximum of 10GB in EU/UK, subject to you having data allowance available when you travel. For example, if you use 96GB data in Ireland you will have a combined balance of 4GB remaining. Your EU/UK roaming allowance is now also effectively 4GB.

Unlimited minutes for calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818, …) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland and calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. Fair Usage of 10,000 minutes applies to unlimited calls.

Unlimited texts to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland and texts made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. Fair Usage of 10,000 texts applies to unlimited texts.

Your membership lasts from the date of purchase until midnight at the end of the same date in the next month (the anniversary date). So if you buy a membership on 2nd of February you will need to buy your next membership on the 2nd of March.

If you purchase a membership on the 29th, 30th or 31st day of a month and the anniversary does not occur in the next month then your membership will last until the last day in that next month. So if you buy a membership on 31st March it will last until 30th April as there are only 30 days in that month.

You can set up your account to automatically renew your membership. If you choose this option, your membership charge payment will be taken each month on your anniversary date. You can cancel the recurring feature on request at any time and this will take effect from the next anniversary date. We will notify you up to 48 hours in advance that a recurring charge payment will be taken. You can also check the status of payments at any time in the My 48 membership planner.

Alternatively, you can buy Monthly Memberships in advance, however you only need (and can only have) one active in any Monthly Membership period. Where you buy memberships in advance they will queue and activate when your current membership period expires.

Inclusive Membership Allowances: Your inclusive membership allowance will expire when your active monthly membership expires or when you have used your inclusive allowance, whichever should occur first. Should you use your inclusive allowance before your active membership has expired we will notify you and you will be able to purchase additional add-ons.

Your membership call and text allowance applies only to:

Voice calls made to landlines including non-geographic numbers (1800, 1850, 1890, 0818 and 076 ) and mobiles within the Republic of Ireland
    Calls made while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland
    Texts sent to Irish mobile numbers and Irish landline numbers while in the Republic of Ireland.
    Texts sent while roaming in EU to other EU numbers and back to Republic of Ireland. You may not otherwise use your Calls allowance to call landlines, directory enquiries, international numbers, premium rate numbers or while roaming. These calls and services will be charged at the applicable rate.
    You may not otherwise use your Text allowance to text to international numbers or while roaming or for sending or receiving premium texts. These texts and services will be charged at the applicable rate.

The inclusive mobile internet allowance has a Republic of Ireland allowance of which a smaller allowance can be used while roaming in the EU.

Where included, inclusive landline minutes can be used for calls to Irish landlines (geographic numbers) including Northern Ireland landlines dialled with the 048 prefix and calls to non-geographic numbers (i.e. premium rate, 1890, 1850, 076 etc.).

Charges apply for all other calls and texts such as calls and texts to international numbers, roaming, and all other usage types (calls, texts and MMS). Click here for all other charges https://www.48.ie/charges/other-call-charges

Please note certain call types are restricted such as calls to select premium rate numbers.

Fair Use of 48 services: We want you to use our services as much as you need but unlimited or all you need does not mean unreasonable use. Click here https://www.48.ie/legal/terms-and-conditions#18 to read our fair use policy for 48 services.

Roaming
    The available roaming destinations and associated services are subject to change. See https://www.48.ie/charges/roaming for details on roaming prices and services available.

Share Data option
    You can only transfer data to other 48 members on these memberships a maximum of 3 times a month and only via the 48 mobile app. You and the recipient member must be on either the 40GB Membership or the 80GB Membership and have an active membership at the time of data share.

The data that the recipient member receives if not used during their current membership will expire on the expiry date of their current membership. You can only share 1GB up to three times per membership.

Spot me Data option
    Where you have an active membership at the time of the request, you may request the lend of 1 GB of data from 48.

You can only request the “spot me” option once during each membership

1 GB of Data will be added to the recipient member’s current membership’s data allowance and 1GB of data shall be deducted from your allowance at your next membership renewal date.

Swap option
    Where you have an active membership at the time of the request, you can swap 100 minutes for 1GB, 200 minutes for 2GB or 300 minutes for 3GB. You can carry out a maximum of three swaps per membership providing you have sufficient minutes. Any data you swap in will expire at the end of your current membership.

Carryover option
    Where you have an active membership and sufficient data, you can elect to carryover between 1GB and 5GB of data from your current membership to your next membership. Any data you carryover will expire at the end of your next membership.

Any user can use any one of the options between The Safe, Carryover and Donate. If one among these options is used in the life of a membership, then the other two are not available to the member in that membership.

Donate
    Where you have an active membership and sufficient data, you can elect to donate between 1GB and 5GB of data from your current membership to Foodcloud, which is a registered charity providing tackling one of the major contributors to climate change , Food waste. Each GB you donate will result in a donation of 50 cent to Foodcloud by 48.

Save option
    Where you have an active membership and sufficient data, you can elect to save between 1GB and 5GB of data to the Safe. You can subsequently draw down/unlock data you hold in the Safe. Any data you draw down/unlock from safe will expire at the end of your current membership.

Scenario 1:
    If you have purchased the 40GB membership you will have a membership allowance of 40GB date for use in Ireland of which 9GB can be used when roaming in the EU/UK.

If you use 34GB data you will have a combined balance of 6GB remaining. Your EU/UK roaming allowance is now also effectively 6GB.

If you draw down 5GB previously banked from the Safe this will add 5GB to the domestic balance, bringing it up to 11GB. The EU/UK allowance, which has not yet been used will return to 9GB.

Scenario 2:
    Again assuming you have purchased the 80GB membership you will have a membership allowance of 80GB data for use in Ireland of which 10GB can be used in the EU/UK.

If you use 5GB while roaming in the EU and an additional 65GB domestically you now have 10GB combined balance remaining with 5GB remaining for use in EU/UK.

If you now draw down 5GB from the Safe the combined balance rises to 15GB but because you have already used 5GB in the EU/UK you still only have 5GB remaining for use in EU/UK.

The Swap, Share, Spot me and Donate options are only available to customers on the 40GB Membership, the 80GB Membership or the 100GB membership.

Amendments
    The memberships may be varied or amended by us for any reasonable commercial, technical or operational reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

Snotty wrote: »
    Anyone else experience roaming issues, was up north yesterday and no data at all, didn't try calls but it did show signal.
    Roaming enabled, checked APN.
    I'm near the border so manually connected to UK (o2) and nothing I did would allow data

I was up north last month.No data.Texts took forever to go.Didn't try calls.

Sorry, one more question - if I run out of data and I don't purchase the add on (thanks stockshares - well spotted!!) will they throttle the data or just stop it, does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

It's capped at 100GB (+ 3GB swap) so you can't use any more than 103GB without buying add ons.

Perfect, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Three's customer service is absolutely abysmal. I would not recommend signing a contract with this company even it it were free.

My kids have been with 48 for years. We have always found the help desk great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

48 Live chat is good for an accurate answer to these type of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Sorry if its been asked already but if the deadline is the 10th for activating the €8 plan then would it be to late ordering a sim card today as it may not arrive by Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I ordered a 2nd SIM last Sunday using my recruiter link. Got it this morning. Bought my first membership and €7.99 was added to my first SIM card.
    I intend using them in a router so happy days. 200G for 16e is a good deal if I need it. Also have my GoMo deal for general calls. :D

Edit: Forgot to mention I got €7.99 added to my 2nd SIM too. :D

lolie wrote: »
    Sorry if its been asked already but if the deadline is the 10th for activating the €8 plan then would it be to late ordering a sim card today as it may not arrive by Tuesday?

Go ahead order it. Use a recruiter link. Your card will not arrive by Tuesday but I'd say they will give you the deal. You have nothing to lose by ordering it.

Lads I have a 48 SIM which I use for my phone.

From my original account I ordered and received 5 new Sims.

I have tried to activate one of the new SIMs so I can use it in a router.

When I try to sign-up and register a new email addres it doesn't accept it.

What am I doing wrong?

Should I have ordered the new Sims using a different email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Lads I have a 48 SIM which I use for my phone.

From my original account I ordered and received 5 new Sims.

I have tried to activate one of the new SIMs so I can use it in a router.

When I try to sign-up and register a new email addres it doesn't accept it.

What am I doing wrong?

Should I have ordered the new Sims using a different email address?

I've been trying all day today to get a new recruiter sim activated with a new email address for a relative. It just keeps reverting back to the same starter page every time I try to register a new account. I've tried different browsers and even a different PC and the same thing happens. I'm thinking there's a site glitch at the moment so I'm leaving it until this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

lighthouse wrote: »
    Go ahead order it. Use a recruiter link. Your card will not arrive by Tuesday but I'd say they will give you the deal. You have nothing to lose by ordering it.

The deal is now extended to Jan 5th! It said it was extended on the website but didn't give a date so I asked webchat. I'm also waiting on two Sims.... To use at either end of flat for broadband

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,918 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Jan 5th is now the date on the Website, happy days,

The deal is now extended to Jan 5th! It said it was extended on the website but didn't give a date so I asked webchat. I'm also waiting on two Sims.... To use at either end of flat for broadband

Just saw that on the recruiter thread. Must promote 48 now and get some more credit :D

RoYoBo wrote: »
    I've been trying all day today to get a new recruiter sim activated with a new email address for a relative. It just keeps reverting back to the same starter page every time I try to register a new account. I've tried different browsers and even a different PC and the same thing happens. I'm thinking there's a site glitch at the moment so I'm leaving it until this evening.

I was able to get it activated after by clicking on Order new SIM instead of Login/Activate new SIM .

It didn't let me buy a membership though. There must be glitches so I'll also try again later.

• Advertisement

Revolut Rewards are giving 1 month GoMo free.

This might be useful for someone with a 2nd SIM.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tp-link-archer-mr600-ac1200-mbps-cat6-4g-lte-advanced-sim-router-for-ps9299-delivered-using-code-at-box-3574704

(P-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 Mbps Cat6 4G+ LTE advanced SIM router for £92.99 delivered (using code HUKD) @ Box)

This router is back in stock, works out at £102 delivered to Republic, interestingly it was more expensive to send it to Northern Ireland for parcel wizard!

Should be interesting to see how it works out for me!

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tp-link-archer-mr600-ac1200-mbps-cat6-4g-lte-advanced-sim-router-for-ps9299-delivered-using-code-at-box-3574704

(P-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 Mbps Cat6 4G+ LTE advanced SIM router for £92.99 delivered (using code HUKD) @ Box)

This router is back in stock, works out at £102 delivered to Republic, interestingly it was more expensive to send it to Northern Ireland for parcel wizard!

Should be interesting to see how it works out for me!

That's a great price. I have one, the only fault I have with it is the security settings in the app.

I got mine for €179 from Elara

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

That's a great price. I have one, the only fault I have with it is the security settings in the app.

5G ?

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and intend buying a router. What do you mean "security settings in the app"
    I saw on the other link someone recommending an aerial. What are your thoughts on this?
    https://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/Fullband--MIMORAD-outdoor-MiMo-4G-Antenna-with-twin-5m-cables--SMA-M----6dBi-Peak-Gain---Omni-Directional-Radome-Fullband_MIMORAD.html

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and intend buying a router. What do you mean "security settings in the app"
    I saw on the other link someone recommending an aerial. What are your thoughts on this?
    https://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/Fullband--MIMORAD-outdoor-MiMo-4G-Antenna-with-twin-5m-cables--SMA-M----6dBi-Peak-Gain---Omni-Directional-Radome-Fullband_MIMORAD.html

you would wanna make sure it covers the all the 3g 4g frequenceys here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

i activated my sim card but dont want to sign up till the 17th November will i still get this offer ?

i activated my sim card but dont want to sign up till the 17th November will i still get this offer ?

yes

I've not got mine yet but my mobile can get speeds of over 130 Mbps on occasion and normally over 50 so think I am in strong signal area and should be ok, so maybe you can try without the aerial first?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 33 noconnecton

is there reason they are extending this is it that not many are signing up

Advertisement