Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

bassy wrote: »
    5G ?

Yes

lighthouse wrote: »
    I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and intend buying a router. What do you mean "security settings in the app"
    I saw on the other link someone recommending an aerial. What are your thoughts on this?
    https://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/Fullband--MIMORAD-outdoor-MiMo-4G-Antenna-with-twin-5m-cables--SMA-M----6dBi-Peak-Gain---Omni-Directional-Radome-Fullband_MIMORAD.html

I presume your in a rural area. Try without the aerial first.

I have no experience with that aerial.

You can use a button on the Router to turn on wifi security or you can use an App to control various router settings from your phone.

I would like more security options on the App.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I presume your in a rural area. Try without the aerial first.

I have no experience with that aerial.

You can use a button on the Router to turn on wifi security or you can use an App to control various router settings from your phone.

I would like more security options on the App.

I'm in a city. Where I live I get good download speeds on both 48 and GoMo. However where I'm moving to GoMo is weak but 48 is better but varies depending on the room in the house. That's why I was thinking of an aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

I'm in a city. Where I live I get good download speeds on both 48 and GoMo. However where I'm moving to GoMo is weak but 48 is better but varies depending on the room in the house. That's why I was thinking of an aerial.

have you just tryed the phone outside of the house?,is there much difference from outside compared to inside the house ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/tp-link-archer-mr600-ac1200-mbps-cat6-4g-lte-advanced-sim-router-for-ps9299-delivered-using-code-at-box-3574704

(P-Link Archer MR600 AC1200 Mbps Cat6 4G+ LTE advanced SIM router for £92.99 delivered (using code HUKD) @ Box)

This router is back in stock, works out at £102 delivered to Republic, interestingly it was more expensive to send it to Northern Ireland for parcel wizard!

Should be interesting to see how it works out for me!
    That's a great price. I have one, the only fault I have with it is the security settings in the app.

I got mine for €179 from Elara
    5G ?
    yes

That Router is not 5G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

I was able to get it activated after by clicking on Order new SIM instead of Login/Activate new SIM .

It didn't let me buy a membership though. There must be glitches so I'll also try again later.

Having the same problem all day and using order sim option goes to request for despatch address,name etc

Go ahead order it. Use a recruiter link. Your card will not arrive by Tuesday but I'd say they will give you the deal. You have nothing to lose by ordering it.

New date is 5th Jan 2021

Go ahead order it. Use a recruiter link. Your card will not arrive by Tuesday but I'd say they will give you the deal. You have nothing to lose by ordering it.

New date is 5/1/21

have you just tryed the phone outside of the house?,is there much difference from outside compared to inside the house ?.

I won't be in the house for a couple of weeks so can only do proper checks then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

is there reason they are extending this is it that not many are signing up

Gomo did the same thing, maybe it's marketing get people to sign up with a sense of urgency due to first date, and then get a second batch of people based on feedback from the first ones to sign up, telling friends and family?

• Advertisement

That Router is not 5G.

Apologies it's 4g+ with top speed of 300Mbps.

I was confusing the WiFi dual bands it uses 2.4ghz and 5ghz.

I'm getting 40+ Mbps atm.

I've attached screenshots below of the download speed and also the tools available within the Tether smartphone app.

You'll see there is no security tab and therefore it's hard to know whether you have Encryption enabled or not. It's hard to tell on the Router whether encryption is on or off for that button because there is no led light for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

I'm moving house in a couple of weeks and intend buying a router. What do you mean "security settings in the app"
    I saw on the other link someone recommending an aerial. What are your thoughts on this?
    https://www.3grouterstore.co.uk/3G/Fullband--MIMORAD-outdoor-MiMo-4G-Antenna-with-twin-5m-cables--SMA-M----6dBi-Peak-Gain---Omni-Directional-Radome-Fullband_MIMORAD.html

better 1 here

https://longcom.ie/product.aspx?id=666&p=2g-3g-4g-high-gain-aerials

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The full band of mobile spectrum ranges from 700-3800MHz.

If looking to future proof, try to get an antenna for 700-2700MHz. The benefit of frequencies higher than 2700MHz diminishes in rural areas because the higher the frequency, the lower the coverage distance from the mobile mast. Also, the wider the antenna frequency range, the lower the gain.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

DopeTech wrote: »
    Yes just activate the sim and buy the membership. You can port over after.

How do I go about activating the SIM/buy membership? (Is this first months charge?) How long do I have to port over number?
    Also phone is currently locked with eir. How do I go about unlocking phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

zeebre12 wrote: »
    How do I go about activating the SIM/buy membership? (Is this first months charge?) How long do I have to port over number?
    Also phone is currently locked with eir. How do I go about unlocking phone?

On the 48.ie homepage click the menu and then activate sim and follow it.

After it's active you can buy your first membership while logged in.

There's no time limit on porting over.

What phone do you have? Where did you get it? What plan are you on on eir and for how long? Usually the easiest thing to do is to buy an unlock code from eBay but eir can give you the code too if you meet their criteria

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

Have you tried that one?

no

but a mate of mine is using it, and it works ok

I imported an upgrade and using them with good results, however you need a bit of technical know how to set them up correctly
    the link below are the ones I use

https://www.wimo.com/en/antennas/gsm-lte-mobile-phone-antennas/antennas-for-4g-lte/60072

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭barryribs

Hi guys,

If you have a phone locked to three will the 48 sim work in it?

orm0nd wrote: »
    no

but a mate of mine is using it, and it works ok

I imported an upgrade and using them with good results, however you need a bit of technical know how to set them up correctly
    the link below are the ones I use

https://www.wimo.com/en/antennas/gsm-lte-mobile-phone-antennas/antennas-for-4g-lte/60072

Cheers. Thanks for that. Yea I'd be alright in the technical department :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭el pasco

Is 48.ie €7.99 offer for life like Gomo or can they increase the price

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭el pasco

Is it possible to have more than 1 48.ie account at the same time?

el pasco wrote: »
    Is it possible to have more than 1 48.ie account at the same time?

For life provided you don't move to another 48 plan.

One number per login so just use another email address.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

el pasco wrote: »
    Is 48.ie €7.99 offer for life like Gomo or can they increase the price

Both of them have it in their terms and conditions that they can alter the agreement.

Gomo T&C
    2.6 We will notify you at least one (1) month in advance in accordance with clause 14 of any change coming into effect if we make any changes to your Agreement or to the SIM Only Service, or to the Charges for the SIM Only Service you are using, which (in our reasonable opinion) are likely to be of material detriment to you. If you do not accept such a change you may without charge cancel this Agreement by notifying us in accordance with clause 14 within one (1) month of us telling you about any change, to let us know that you want to cancel. You will be deemed to have accepted any implemented changes by continuing to use the SIM Only Service after the date of the change.

48 T&C
    2.1 We may make changes to the Terms and Conditions (including changes to price and tariff details and rules) at any time. We may stop providing certain price plans and tariffs and replace them with new price plans and tariffs at any time. We may make changes to the 48 Services or withdraw certain parts of the 48 Services at any time and we can introduce new terms to the Terms and Conditions at any time.

2.2 We will let you know at least 1 month in advance of changes we make to the Terms and Conditions by contacting you directly in the ways allowed by Section 16 below. If you do not agree with any changes we make then you are free to stop using the 48 Services. If you do not contact us telling us that you do not agree to the change within 30 days of the date we notify you then your continued use of the 48 Services as changed by us indicates to us that you agree to the change.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭zeebre12

When i go to activate SIM it states 'Enter your activation code before January 5th 2021 to enjoy our €7.99 a month plan'. What is this about? I though offer ends this Tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

zeebre12 wrote: »
    When i go to activate SIM it states 'Enter your activation code before January 5th 2021 to enjoy our €7.99 a month plan'. What is this about? I though offer ends this Tuesday?

They extended the offer to 5th January 2021.

Which offer will last 48 or gomo?

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    They extended the offer to 5th January 2021.

Which offer will last 48 or gomo?

They were referring to the 48 deal being extended. Sign up before January 5th 2021 buy a €7.99 membership and then you will have that for life. Gomo is €12.99 for life for the foreseeable.

Has anyone had any problems with Auto Renew?

My membership was due to renew this morning but I got a SMS saying there was a problem and it didn't renew.

I had to manually buy a new one.

That's a great price. I have one, the only fault I have with it is the security settings in the app.

I got mine for €179 from Elara

Is there an aerial socket on this router to enable you to connect an outdoor aerial?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Is 48.ie 4g internet unlimited or strictly 100gb? What will happened if I spend more then 100gb?
    I am on three prepaid now, I topup 20e every 28days, and I have unlimited 4g internet.

Advertisement