Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

bondja80 wrote: »
    Is 48.ie 4g internet unlimited or strictly 100gb? What will happened if I spend more then 100gb?
    I am on three prepaid now, I topup 20e every 28days, and I have unlimited 4g internet.

It's a hard limit. You won't be able to use over 100gb and will need to wait until your next membership kicks in for data to work again. You can buy 1gb data add-on for €3 but I don't see that as a practical solution.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

DopeTech wrote: »
    It's a hard limit. You won't be able to use over 100gb and will need to wait until your next membership kicks in for data to work again. You can buy 1gb data add-on for €3 but I don't see that as a practical solution.
    ok thanks

ok thanks

Unless you're using it as a hotspot regularly you probably never hit 100gb do you? If you need truely unlimited then I'd stick with 3 or consider Vodafone x

• Registered Users Posts: 4,203 ✭✭✭orm0nd

lighthouse wrote: »
    Is there an aerial socket on this router to enable you to connect an outdoor aerial?

Take off 1 (or both) of the indoor aerials and put the coax on there.

Settings in the router to configure which aerial/s you want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

orm0nd wrote: »
    Take off 1 (or both) of the indoor aerials and put the coax on there.

Settings in the router to configure which aerial/s you want to use.

Cool. I have been looking at the TP Link router mentioned earlier on this thread. :D

• Advertisement

Is 48.ie 4g internet unlimited or strictly 100gb? What will happened if I spend more then 100gb?
    I am on three prepaid now, I topup 20e every 28days, and I have unlimited 4g internet.

That plan isn't available any more is it...20e for unlimited broadband? I can't see it on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

That plan isn't available any more is it...20e for unlimited broadband? I can't see it on their website.

It's just the regular phone sim. Top up by 20 euro/28 days gives you the 'unlimited' data deal. The 60GB (or whatever it is now) FUP isn't enforced unless you go completely nuts and not even sure if it is then either. Activate sim in phone first then pop into router.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

The FUP on 3 PAYG phone SIM was removed so it's unlimited. Either way it was never enforced.

The change to the plan was the removal of keep credit for new customers since June 2020 but it's still unlimited data.

westyIrl wrote: »
    It's just the regular phone sim. Top up by 20 euro/28 days gives you the 'unlimited' data deal. The 60GB (or whatever it is now) FUP isn't enforced unless you go completely nuts and not even sure if it is then either. Activate sim in phone first then pop into router.

Jim

Reading posts here I have never seen anybody having problems with using a phone SIM in a router.
    Now to decide which router to get. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

Draytek 2860Ln here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

And what about Eir sim only 30 day rolling contract for 15e per month?
    they say no limit internet, but.... in terms&co says only 120gb. How they think that 120 gb will be enough for whole day netflix and youtube.
    here is eir ad:
    Whether you binge on endless series on Netflix, stream music for hours, game or watch YouTube all night, with No Limits Data from eir SIM only there really are no limits! Plus enjoy unlimited calls & texts and FREE eir sport. All on a 30-day contract.

stanley1 wrote: »
    Draytek 2860Ln here.

I never heard of this router but I looked it up on Amazon and it got very good reviews. I like that you can detach the aerials. Unfortunately it's out of stock

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Did anyone have any problems porting there number to 48? I'm trying to port from 3 and they say it keeps failing. I kicked off the port Friday morning. I have been onto chat about 6 times over the weekend and still nothing. Now there saying they have to send it to there team and it will be another 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I've just activated my new sim & purchased membership. I turned off the sim pin and have popped into an old Three Huawei router. The signal icon goes green straight away but then stays red. Anybody any experience of this and can it be used in one of these boxes?

I've just activated my new sim & purchased membership. I turned off the sim pin and have popped into an old Three Huawei router. The signal icon goes green straight away but then stays red. Anybody any experience of this and can it be used in one of these boxes?

Check the apn settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Chibs wrote: »
    Did anyone have any problems porting there number to 48? I'm trying to port from 3 and they say it keeps failing. I kicked off the port Friday morning. I have been onto chat about 6 times over the weekend and still nothing. Now there saying they have to send it to there team and it will be another 48 hours.

I'm in the same boat. Failed to port (with webchat's help) on two occasions.

I'm with gomo and I'm now thinking that it's because my November invoice hasn't been paid yet and won't be until the middle of the month so I'm letting it sit until I see it paid online.

Might apply to you too....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

DopeTech wrote: »
    Check the apn settings.

presumably I can do this by logging into the router?

presumably I can do this by logging into the router?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

I'm in the same boat. Failed to port (with webchat's help) on two occasions.

I'm with gomo and I'm now thinking that it's because my November invoice hasn't been paid yet and won't be until the middle of the month so I'm letting it sit until I see it paid online.

Might apply to you too....

Thanks for the reply. For me it cant be that as I'm Prepay with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

I have some call credit with 3 that I must use up.

It is good that they have extended the 7.99 offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭stanley1

I never heard of this router but I looked it up on Amazon and it got very good reviews. I like that you can detach the aerials. Unfortunately it's out of stock

eBay usually have a few for sale, bought mine as a refurb, it was brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I suspect with this promotional offer period due to close in 6 days time, they may be overwhelmed with new customers interacting on the 48.ie website. Of course it is annoying from a customer perspective although; 48.ie are not the first or last firm to fall short in terms of customer support availability. GOMO experienced similar negative reviews when it originally launched with it's 9.99 offer for life and my experience with other telcos in general can be hit and miss. If people demand reliable customer support at all times it will probably result in a much higher price-point than 7.99EUR for 100GB Data, All Calls, All Texts so; something has to give.

The promotional offer in question has been open for quite a while now so; I suppose leaving it until the last few days was always a risk as it was likely to be busy as they have been promoting a popular promotional package across the national media lately.

I hope you are successful in your endeavours and I know it is frustrating but one has to be realistic as there are firms charging a lot more for their services and they can be just as bad when it comes to providing timely customer support.

I finally did get to see the web chat icon and deal with it. In fairness, the agent sorted my issue promptly though my porting still hasn't kicked in. However, I have the package activated. As it is a secondary number for me I've no issue waiting as I still have the existing number on gomo for a few more weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭deremol

Hi,

Trying to get an old meteor phone unlocked so I can give it to someone to use on 48.. seeing as eir took over meteor I cant seem to find anyone to unlock the handset. it was a prepay phone and hasnt been used in over a year, the old number has since ported to a different network. was told to fill out the request form, but cant complete it as it looks for an account number, which it never had..

Any suggestion? dont want to have to pay to have it unlocked as its not really worth it.

Thanks

Deremol

deremol wrote: »
    Hi,

Trying to get an old meteor phone unlocked so I can give it to someone to use on 48.. seeing as eir took over meteor I cant seem to find anyone to unlock the handset. it was a prepay phone and hasnt been used in over a year, the old number has since ported to a different network. was told to fill out the request form, but cant complete it as it looks for an account number, which it never had..

Any suggestion? dont want to have to pay to have it unlocked as its not really worth it.

Thanks

Deremol

Call them and explain situation and they might be able to help. To be honest though eir are a nightmare to deal with, if it was me I'd pay for an unlock code on ebay and save your sanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Anybody know how to remove the SIM pin on an iPhone? It’s meant to be in settings>Mobile Data but it isn’t there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Vic_08

Brian017 wrote: »
    Anybody know how to remove the SIM pin on an iPhone? It’s meant to be in settings>Mobile Data but it isn’t there

Settings-Phone-SIM Pin

That's on an old iphone, may not be correct for yours.

Alternatively put the sim in another phone and use that to deactivate the Pin requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

Brian017 wrote: »

What phone are you using?

On the 12 with 14.2 installed:

Settings> Mobile Data> SIM PIN > Have to option to change the code or toggle on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭SorenLorensen

Just to mention: got fed up waiting for unlock code from Tesco, stuck in 48 SIM and it worked! Number ported over, went quicker than expected and all working smoothly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

I finally did get to see the web chat icon and deal with it. In fairness, the agent sorted my issue promptly though my porting still hasn't kicked in. However, I have the package activated. As it is a secondary number for me I've no issue waiting as I still have the existing number on gomo for a few more weeks.

As I understand, it will require customers not just to order & activate a new SIM although; new customers are also required to Buy their 1st membership @ 7.99EUR before the promotional period deadline expires as this is stipulated in their conditions The good news is that the closing date for the promo period has since been extended until 5th January, 2021 according to the website: www.48.ie (It was originally set at 10th November, 2020).

Rival mobile operator, GoMo did a similar thing when they had extended their initial 9.99EUR introductory plan "for life" before the rate increased.

• Advertisement

Got an email from 48 about upcoming changes. It looks they will refund you unused credit if you are porting away. That seems to be a first for a prepay network. Maybe we'll see it across all networks now if the eu are forcing it.

https://48.ie/legal/EECC_2020

Advertisement