Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

DopeTech wrote: »
    Got an email from 48 about upcoming changes. It looks they will refund you unused credit if you are porting away. That seems to be a first for a prepay network. Maybe we'll see it across all networks now if the eu are forcing it.

https://48.ie/legal/EECC_2020

Is there any network that you can swap your number to without requiring a topup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jdon72 wrote: »
    Is there any network that you can swap your number to without requiring a topup?

Yeah, most if not all of them allow this. I've done it with eir and Vodafone very recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Got an email from 48 about upcoming changes. It looks they will refund you unused credit if you are porting away. That seems to be a first for a prepay network. Maybe we'll see it across all networks now if the eu are forcing it.

https://48.ie/legal/EECC_2020

Three and Eir have already issued notices about credit refund.

However, three are charging an admin fee of 10.45 and Eir are charging 20e, so better to use up credit than give 3 or Eir the satisfaction of that sort of gouging.

Three state that only credit purchased after 21 December will be eligible for refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

Chibs wrote: »
    Did anyone have any problems porting there number to 48? I'm trying to port from 3 and they say it keeps failing. I kicked off the port Friday morning. I have been onto chat about 6 times over the weekend and still nothing. Now there saying they have to send it to there team and it will be another 48 hours.
    I'm in the same boat. Failed to port (with webchat's help) on two occasions.

I'm with gomo and I'm now thinking that it's because my November invoice hasn't been paid yet and won't be until the middle of the month so I'm letting it sit until I see it paid online.

Might apply to you too....

Just to update my situation. The reason my number didn't port was indeed because my Nov. invoice hadn't paid.

Yesterday the payment went through and today my port completed successfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭3d4life

There is a mobile on 48 here. It just had an issue dialling an 01832XXXX number, auto response that the number did not exist. Called same number using a different carrier and call connects.

Edit : It is now the day after I posted the above and the issue has been resolved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

Just to update my situation. The reason my number didn't port was indeed because my Nov. invoice hadn't paid.

Yesterday the payment went through and today my port completed successfully.

I'm still trying to port. They keep saying 24 hours. But 24 hours pass and nothing. Been trying since Friday. Good to hear you got sorted.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Just to mention: got fed up waiting for unlock code from Tesco, stuck in 48 SIM and it worked! Number ported over, went quicker than expected and all working smoothly.
    Tesco Mobile uses the same MNC as 48 so any mobile locked to Tesco Mobile should accept 48 SIMs.

It's the same reason why Huawei handsets display 'Tesco Mobile' when a 48 SIM is inserted.

3d4life wrote: »
    There is a mobile on 48 here. It just had an issue dialling an 01832XXXX number, auto response that the number did not exist. Called same number using a different carrier and call connects.

Contact them on chat tomorrow and give them the details. They will raise a ticket and resolve the routing issue. I had the same with some mobile numbers when I ported but they fixed it for me after about 4 days I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭whizkid9

tv3tg4 wrote: »
    I am thinking of moving from GOMO - I tested the speeds of GOMO and it varied throughout the day.

Does 48 work OK for tethering?

works. speed depends on ur location

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Works very well for me, the download and upload numbers are very good, the ping and jitter ones not so much, so it really depends on how demanding is your work connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Is anyone else having problems with the Flexidata Share function?

Mine only shows a few of my many 48 contacts. And if I try to send or request data from a contact that is showing, I get… "Error occurred. Server is not responding. Please try again later."

Mine only shows a few of my many 48 contacts. And if I try to send or request data from a contact that is showing, I get… "Error occurred. Server is not responding. Please try again later."

It tells me I've no contacts on 48 but that may be true!

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

I was trying to share data at the weekend and couldn't see the person listed as a contact. I tried to request then, and got an error (can't remember exactly what it said). But I googled and both the person sharing and the person receiving, need to have the app installed. Once I got the other person to install the app, I had them show up on the list and was able to share.

No one comes up for me and I know that some of my family members are on 48

EDIT: Nevermind, once I went into the Share Data screen on the other person's phone, it came up.

hdl wrote: »
    Both the person sharing and the person receiving, need to have the app installed.

We both have the app installed but we're still getting the error.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭Joziburg

Anyone have issues porting back out of 48 on to 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

Joziburg wrote: »
    Anyone have issues porting back out of 48 on to 3?

should have no problem porting back to 3 once u have a 3 sim card a 3 shop should do it for u or go on line and order a new 3 sim or check 3 on line fo more info

• Registered Users Posts: 17 daywatcher

Got a problem moving to 48 from 3 that maybe someone here can help with.

I had a pre-pay plan with 3 and decided to switch to the €7.99/mth plan offered by 48.

I was given a 48 referral sim by a friend and I activated it successfully.

I was then given the option to either get a new phone number or port over my existing number.

I chose to port over my number which I was told would take a few hours and that once that had been done, I'd get a text letting me know.

Roll forward a couple of days and I find I can't receive calls on my phone.

I can't phone out either.

The two service strength bars for both 3 and 48 are empty on my phone and I can only make emergency calls with it.

The phone only detects 3G and 2G networks (it does detect the 48 network).

I have not been able to connect to any network and the phone always gives this error message: "Can't connect to this network right now. Try again later."

I got on chat with 48 today to see what the problem was and how to resolve it.

What became clear was that the sim that's registered to my 48 account is not the 48 referral sim I was given. The sim numbers don't match.

And the registered sim number doesn't match my sim from 3 either.

48's advice was that I order and new sim and activate it.

But, in the meantime, I'm left without a working phone.

I never received a text notifying me that the phone number port had completed, presumably as a result of the porting process.

So, is this a case of a number port just gone wrong or is it an actual problem with (presumably) a mislabeled or bad sim from 48?

It looks like, as far as 3 are concerned, I'm no longer one of their customers so that part of the porting process has finished.

The phone number in my 48 account is the phone number I wanted ported, but is it there because that's the phone number I initially typed in or because the port was successful?

Anyone know how a sim number gets registered to a customer account - is it read from the phone by the network (seems unlikely since the phone couldn't connect) or is it assigned based on the activation code used?

48's Support wasn't all that helpful beyond asking me to try the obvious things. Once I went off script they were of no use.

daywatcher wrote: »
    Got a problem moving to 48 from 3 that maybe someone here can help with.

I had a pre-pay plan with 3 and decided to switch to the €7.99/mth plan offered by 48.

I was given a 48 referral sim by a friend and I activated it successfully.

I was then given the option to either get a new phone number or port over my existing number.

I chose to port over my number which I was told would take a few hours and that once that had been done, I'd get a text letting me know.

Roll forward a couple of days and I find I can't receive calls on my phone.

I can't phone out either.

The two service strength bars for both 3 and 48 are empty on my phone and I can only make emergency calls with it.

The phone only detects 3G and 2G networks (it does detect the 48 network).

I have not been able to connect to any network and the phone always gives this error message: "Can't connect to this network right now. Try again later."

I got on chat with 48 today to see what the problem was and how to resolve it.

What became clear was that the sim that's registered to my 48 account is not the 48 referral sim I was given. The sim numbers don't match.

And the registered sim number doesn't match my sim from 3 either.

48's advice was that I order and new sim and activate it.

But, in the meantime, I'm left without a working phone.

I never received a text notifying me that the phone number port had completed, presumably as a result of the porting process.

So, is this a case of a number port just gone wrong or is it an actual problem with (presumably) a mislabeled or bad sim from 48?

It looks like, as far as 3 are concerned, I'm no longer one of their customers so that part of the porting process has finished.

The phone number in my 48 account is the phone number I wanted ported, but is it there because that's the phone number I initially typed in or because the port was successful?

Anyone know how a sim number gets registered to a customer account - is it read from the phone by the network (seems unlikely since the phone couldn't connect) or is it assigned based on the activation code used?

48's Support wasn't all that helpful beyond asking me to try the obvious things. Once I went off script they were of no use.

Do you have the correct APN settings?

We both have the app installed but we're still getting the error.

You have to go into the share data screen and let it sync properly with your contacts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 daywatcher

Do you have the correct APN settings?

Possibly not. I downloaded the Tweakker APN app but it crashes on my Android 6 phone. The only APNs I see listed are for O2; none for 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Can't send mms on iPhone. Coming up as 'not delivered'

Here's the MMS settings I'm using

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Username - blank
    Password - blank
    MMS Proxy - 10.1.11.19:8080
    MMSC - http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Max Message Size - 307200
    MMSC UA Prof URL: blank

Brian017 wrote: »
    Can't send mms on iPhone. Coming up as 'not delivered'

Here's the MMS settings I'm using

APN - 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    Username - blank
    Password - blank
    MMS Proxy - 10.1.11.19:8080
    MMSC - http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Max Message Size - 307200
    MMSC UA Prof URL: blank

Do you have credit in your account? MMS aren't part of the membership

• Registered Users Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

Do you have credit in your account? MMS aren't part of the membership

Would've felt very stupid if that had been the problem :o but no, I have credit

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Did anyone else get this?
    Dear Customer,

We are writing to let you know that we are making some changes to your membership plan terms and conditions.

From 21 December 2020 your contract will be updated in line with the new European Electronic Communications Code (EECC).

Amendments to your contract with Three include the following areas:

Switching process
    Contract modification and contract termination
    Data usage notification
    Prepay credit refunds

These changes will be effective from 21 December 2020.

Find out more about all the changes to your contract.

FIND OUT MORE

You can also contact us:

Online chat
    Or write to us at 48 Customer Care, Three Ireland, McLoughlin Road, National Technology Park, Plassey, Co. Limerick. making sure to include your phone number or account number.

Each change above is hereby notified to you individually.
    Notification date: 10-12 November 2020
    European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) amendments

Contract change to your 48 service

Effective date 21 December 2020

European Electronic Communications Code (EECC) amendments

The EECC, EU Directive 2018/1972 comes into effect on 21 December 2020. The EECC sets out revisions to the existing telecoms regulatory framework.

Please note the following contractual term amendments will become effective from 21 December 2020:

1.Switching process:

Effective from 21 December 2020, we will set out information about our role in the switching process that will be followed if you switch from us to another service provider. Your contract will also include details of the complaints process if you are unhappy about any aspect of our 48 Services. This change will have no impact to our existing customers until the customer chooses to switch provider.

To find out more about section 13.6 of your terms and conditions visit here.

2.Contract modification - termination change

From 21 December 2020, if we need to amend your contract we will notify you of your to right exit your contract without penalty (where you exercise this right within one month from the date of our notification). The right to exit will apply, unless the contract change is (i) exclusively to the benefit to the customer, (ii) administrative and has no negative effect or (iii) imposed by Law.

Under the current terms and conditions, a customer can end their contract without paying a cancellation fee if we notify them that there is a change to their contract, and they have a right of exit.

To find out more about section 2.2 of your terms and conditions visit here.

3.Data usage notifications

We already provide our customers with the facility to monitor and view usage on My48 and we also provide plan allowance usage text notifications. As set out in the term and conditions from 21 December 2020 we will notify you when you have reached the consumption limit allowed under your price plan.

To find out more about section 3.9 of your terms and conditions visit here.

4.Prepay credit refunds

From 21 December 2020, when a customer switches from 48 to another operator, the customer can request a refund of their remaining prepay credit balance.
    There will be no administration fee for this process. The request for a credit refund must be made within three months from the date of switching.

To find out more about section 6.2 of your terms and conditions or visit here.

Notification date: 09-13 November

Under Regulation 14 of the European Communities (Electronic Communications Networks and Services) (Universal Service and Users’ Rights) Regulations an operator shall, not less than one month prior to the date of implementation of any proposed modification, notify its subscribers to that service of the proposed modification in the conditions of the contract for that service and, where appropriate, their right to withdraw without penalty from such contract if they do not accept the modification. No right of withdrawal applies in relation to this notification as the modifications are in line with the EECC.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭tv3tg4

New Home wrote: »
    Did anyone else get this?

I have a lot of credit on eir payg _ this is interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

I have a lot of credit on eir payg _ this is interesting.

Eir are charging an admin fee of 20e to refund credit when leaving their network.

Apart from that, check if they will refund all credit as it might only apply to credit added after the EECC implementation date. Three will only refund credit added after 21 December 2020.

You have to go into the share data screen and let it sync properly with your contacts

Thanks. Yeah, we're doing that (and it takes a while) but only a few contacts show as being on 48 ...and when you try to request or share date with them it brings up the error "Server is not responding. Please try again later."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭thebourke

Quackster wrote: »
    Tesco Mobile uses the same MNC as 48 so any mobile locked to Tesco Mobile should accept 48 SIMs.

It's the same reason why Huawei handsets display 'Tesco Mobile' when a 48 SIM is inserted.

did you have issues moving from tesco to 48?
    did you port our old number to 48?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

My sister having severe problems trying to port from tesco to 48.
    Commenced the port last Sunday and still not done.

Also the last few days, people telling me they keep getting engaged tone. I get the same when ringing others on 48. I have to attempt 3/4 times and finally get through.

Advertisement