Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’ve joined 48. Anyone know how to activate the hotspot functionality?

I’m using an iPhone with latest iOS if that’s any help

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

They sent me a txt msg with the auto setup for the Access Point some hours after I activated the SIM, just after I had manually entered the same data I got from the 48 forums. So I just accepted the auto setup and tried the mobile hotspot simply by turning that feature on in the control panel of my android phone and it worked straight off. You could just get the data off the sticky post on the forum and manually set up the APN.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Mum switched to 48 from Vodafone prepay, but no signal. Does she have to contact Vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    Mum switched to 48 from Vodafone prepay, but no signal. Does she have to contact Vodafone?

If the port completed then Vodafone have nothing to do with it. Has she inserted the 48 sim and activated it on the website? Checked apn settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,571 ✭✭✭bassy

if you can get a signal on the three network in that area then 48 will work in that area as 48 is under the three network.

i mean does any of your family have a phone on three in same area as your mum,good way of knowing for sure that you will get a signal there on 48.

but as suckit has said check apn settings etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’ve joined 48. Anyone know how to activate the hotspot functionality?

I’m using an iPhone with latest iOS if that’s any help

Go into mobile data - mobile data network - scroll down to Personal hotspot - insert 48months.liffeytelecom.com into the APN box and that should sort you.

DopeTech wrote: »
    If the port completed then Vodafone have nothing to do with it. Has she inserted the 48 sim and activated it on the website? Checked apn settings?

I have access to her 48 account.
    My mum is nearly 70, and I don't want to physically meet her, so trying to sort it out remotely.

She now has no phone network available.

My brother is living with her, but thinks her phone number is still locked to Vodafone because of this:

As a Pay as you go customer, you must meet the below requirements to be eligible to receive an unlock code:

You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code

https://n.vodafone.ie/forms/consumer/nac.html

I have access to her 48 account.
    My mum is nearly 70, and I don't want to physically meet her, so trying to sort it out remotely.

She now has no phone network available.

My brother is living with her, but thinks her phone number is still locked to Vodafone because of this:

As a Pay as you go customer, you must meet the below requirements to be eligible to receive an unlock code:

You have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code

https://n.vodafone.ie/forms/consumer/nac.html
    If he restarts the phone with the 48 sim in it is it asking for a network unlock code? If not then it is unlocked. Has she lost signal on the Vodafone Sim?

Ask your brother to contact 48 on live chat tomorrow morning and they can check their end

DopeTech wrote: »
    If he restarts the phone with the 48 sim in it is it asking for a network unlock code? If not then it is unlocked. Has she lost signal on the Vodafone Sim?

Yes, it is asking for a network unlock code.
    We don't know what that is.

I thought because it is prepay, no contract, then switching network would be no problem.

I haven't asked her to switch back to the Vodafone sim yet. But she is now paying for 48.

If this is Vodafone stopping the switch, then I am surprised, as the account is prepay.

I switched from prepay Eir to GoMo without an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Eir locked phones work with gomo because they have same MNC.

Search eBay for an unlock code, price depends on phone model.

• Advertisement

I thought because it is prepay, no contract, then switching network would be no problem.

I haven't asked her to switch back to the Vodafone sim yet. But she is now paying for 48.

If this is Vodafone stopping the switch, then I am surprised, as the account is prepay.

What phone is it? Can probably get an unlock code in a few hours or less for a few euro on ebay.

Often prepay phones are sold locked to the network but after you meet their criteria you linked to above you can ask them for the code. It'll be quicker to get from eBay though especially now that she left them. They may say no can do.

As for asking her to switch back to the Vodafone Sim, the sim is now dead and you'd need to request a new one from Vodafone and start the porting process back to Vodafone but to do that you'd need to be able to receive a verification text on your 48 sim so just unlock the phone and stay on 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

48 is good that's why every body is coming on here to complain about it give 8 euro and have loads of problems the list goes on and on

48 is good that's why every body is coming on here to complain about it give 8 euro and have loads of problems the list goes on and on

If you read the thread you'll find most of the problems people are having are caused by themselves not doing the research or not being bothered to search the 48 website for the answer to their question. If you don't like 48 there's plenty other networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bartt

anyone had a problem with getting the SIM card in first place?
    so far I have ordered their SIM card _three_ times (first Sep 15, then Oct 2 and Nov 10, got the confirmation email) and never got it in post. what gives?

so far I have ordered their SIM card _three_ times (first Sep 15, then Oct 2 and Nov 10, got the confirmation email) and never got it in post. what gives?

Have you tried contacting 48 via webchat to order it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭NATLOR

This is nothing to do with the phone number, its the phone itself that is network locked has anyone tried the 48 sim in an unlocked phone

People seem to think that because there is thread on boards of people complaining then everyone must be having problems, threads like these generally only hear from people having issues, many of which are caused by themselves and their lack of knowledge of the porting process, these very same issues were replicated in the Gomo thread last year. Then there is also the element of those who are still in contract with the likes of Eir, Vodafone and Three and can’t avail of these and then cut the ****e out of them because obviously you get what you pay for mentality.

I am a very heavy mobile phone user, especially calls and I’ve been a meteor/Eir customer for years and I can tell you I’ve saved a fortune since switching to GoMo last October along with moving my kids as well and I have the very same service as I’ve always had.

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭westyIrl

bartt wrote: »

Had the same issue. Ordered three separate sim cards around 2/3 months ago with a similar period between ordering as above. 1 showed up last week. No sign of the other 2.

Jim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Gumbo wrote: »
    My sister having severe problems trying to port from tesco to 48.
    Commenced the port last Sunday and still not done.

Also the last few days, people telling me they keep getting engaged tone. I get the same when ringing others on 48. I have to attempt 3/4 times and finally get through.

I ported my wife over to 48 and having the exact same issue. Seems fine today, but couldn't get through to her over the weekend multiple times. Not sure what to do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Have you tried actually reading the thread?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

MOH wrote: »
    Have you tried actually reading the thread?

can't read like you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

And here we go... problems have started.

I bought my membership at the beginning of the month. Today I moved my number. And now my membership has vanished from the account.

I contacted support through chat. The first person just disconnected randomly. The second one is telling me it's going to take 3-5 days to fix the issue.

Now whenever I try to go into my account it can't seem to retrieve it.

EDIT/UPDATE: And they've fixed it. Gave me a new €8 package. I'm impressed I have to say. Having dealt with Vodafone previously and getting used to that experience, I was not expecting much. Well done, 48.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I very recently signed up. I got my SIM in about a week. I did have considerable issues with their website, which is not well configured as I had to turn off all my ad blockers and cookie killers in order to get it work at all. Some browsers it wouldn't work in at all. Mentioning this because I am wondering if the orders went through at all. Confirmation emails would be the proof an order was triggered.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bawnmore wrote: »
    I ported my wife over to 48 and having the exact same issue. Seems fine today, but couldn't get through to her over the weekend multiple times. Not sure what to do about it.

She’s still not ported. 8 days later.
    She’s staying with her current provider now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

i know its only 8 a month but god its sh1t im thinking of moving allready internet is rubbish on it

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

mean gene wrote: »
    i know its only 8 a month but god its sh1t im thinking of moving allready internet is rubbish on it

I'm lucky have mine about 6 weeks all good and I have recruited 11 people over the last month and they're all good as well.

Plus my bill is paid for the next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭HorseSea

I got one sim and set it up, very happy with it so ordered two more, I want to set them up now. Is it possible to do under one account? When I log in I can't see how to add another sim and another membership. If I click "Activate" it just brings me to my current membership.
    Thanks in advance.

HorseSea wrote: »
    I got one sim and set it up, very happy with it so ordered two more, I want to set them up now. Is it possible to do under one account? When I log in I can't see how to add another sim and another membership. If I click "Activate" it just brings me to my current membership.
    Thanks in advance.

I could be wrong but I think each sim needs its own account

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

HorseSea wrote: »
    Thanks in advance.

I think you may have to use 2 other email addresses but you can use the same card to pay.

• Advertisement

Every SIM needs it's own separate email address and password.

Advertisement