Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭HorseSea

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Every SIM needs it's own separate email address and password.

OK thanks, that a right PIA I was hoping to get everything together and keep things simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

mean gene wrote: »
    i know its only 8 a month but god its sh1t im thinking of moving allready internet is rubbish on it

Well, it's difficult for others to form an informed view without hearing specifics such as: your current performance stats Versus similar stats from your previous provider along with details of the geographic location where you have been experiencing the signal to be below standard.

Aside from all this, I've seen a very interesting comment about Broadband internet being slow in my local area and the speculation is that it is probably mainly due to a significant number of people being asked to work from home & stay at home during the pandemic and as we are currently in Level 5 lockdown restrictions confined to only 5km travel limit - it is bound to have a negative effect on internet speeds as a lot of people are using it at home for longer periods of time.

I suspect things will improve once vaccines begin to be rolled out from Spring>Summer next year and then more & more people are likely to return to office, uni campus and all the Other activities including travel outside the state.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,275 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Internet is slow and keeps dropping in last few hours

It's a repeat issue, and the Three mast is only 400m away

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

I think 48 is brilliant.They charge someone else's card for my membership.When I go on chat they are looking into it

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭wpd

not good the last few days seems to be slowing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

Anyone having trouble with the recruit links? I get to the "You have great friends" page and then click get started.
    Then it brings me to a page on 48.ie saying "Oops. Something went wrong. We are working on a fix. Check back shortly.".

Tried Chrome and Firefox on laptop and Chrome on my phone too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 17 ytsaeb

Hi folks i referred a person and they topped up i got an email saying confirming i had succesfully referred a friend to 48 that they have added €7.99 straight to my account how do i get this to top up please

My credit balance still says €0.01

Internet seems to be working but cant make phone calls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭boardz

ytsaeb wrote: »
    Hi folks i referred a person and they topped up i got an email saying confirming i had succesfully referred a friend to 48 that they have added €7.99 straight to my account how do i get this to top up please

To add the free credit you will need to select Manual Renew instead of Auto Renewal. So you select to buy a month's membership and select Manual Renew and the next page will give you the option to use the free credit.
    Maybe put a date a couple of days before the 3rd renewal date to remind you to log on and top up with your card selecting Auto Renew.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

If your credit balance is 0.01 then the referral credit definitely hasn’t been added. I referred 3 people on my daughter’s account and each €7.99 was added as soon as they bought their first membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Looks as if recruit is via referral link only and the ability to order up to 5 SIMs at a time isn't available any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Looks as if recruit is via referral link only and the ability to order up to 5 SIMs at a time isn't available any more.

Hmm,
    I ordered 5 sims a while back when I joined, the final sim was used last Friday to join a friend up. I got no bonus for that.
    Would this be the reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Still showing for me in the app. They just updated the page so it looks like it's not going anywhere.

Edit:sorry they updated the app so you only have the link now. You can't order spare recruiter sims anymore.

Aquos76 wrote: »
    If your credit balance is 0.01 then the referral credit definitely hasn’t been added. I referred 3 people on my daughter’s account and each €7.99 was added as soon as they bought their first membership.

i got an email saying it was added strange

i got an email saying it was added strange

Contact them on live chat and they will add it if it didn't add initially.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Contact them on live chat and they will add it if it didn't add initially.

There Live chat button is not coming up im waiting ages now

My friend just this minute topped up his membership and paid and it hasn,t gone through , is there network issues?

do u recieve a text or email to say your topped up?

My friend just this minute topped up his membership and paid and it hasn,t gone through , is there network issues?

Possibly related to the updates they done to the site. We all now have new referral links but the old ones appear to still be active. I notice the amount of referrals they say I have isn't right either not that it makes a difference. They say I have so many pending and no successful ones yet I have successfully recruited people and received the topup for them so I don't see how it can still be pending. Either way it makes no difference, just something I noticed.

48 is having technical issues now the network company every network faces technical issues which needs to be resolved by the technical teams of those particular network providers

Here also it is due to some technical error due to which some of our customer's are facing this issues and we are asking them to wait as we have already escalated the issue on high priority.

48 is having technical issues now the network company every network faces technical issues which needs to be resolved by the technical teams of those particular network providers

Here also it is due to some technical error due to which some of our customer's are facing this issues and we are asking them to wait as we have already escalated the issue on high priority.

Heh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

I ported this morning from Vodafone which went fine, I bought my membership and it has not applied but it says I have a bundle in progress when I click on buy. Customer support have told me twice that it will be fixed in "a few hours" as it is a processing error so I am stuck unable to make calls and texts for who knows how long. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement

I ported this morning from Vodafone which went fine, I bought my membership and it has not applied but it says I have a bundle in progress when I click on buy. Customer support have told me twice that it will be fixed in "a few hours" as it is a processing error so I am stuck unable to make calls and texts for who knows how long. Very frustrating.

a few hours is a joke, the agent kept me on chat for 1hour 30 minutes i had to go, then asked me to email screen shots to support , and who are u i asked im support so i said support me , its a joke sorry

I never recieved my free month credit, tried to top up which i presumed went through and then i tried to buy again sorry bundle in progress,

absolute dissaster folks prob best stay were u are

Seems this network has taken a right hit today all the referrals are all over the place my mobile number on my profile is in letters now , must been hacked im thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

The membership finally went through about 4pm so over 6 hours. I hope I don't have the same trouble in future.

MY membership eventually went through but neither my friend or i never got free month Disappointing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

There's been changes to the recruit scheme since Monday 16th...
    https://48.ie/legal/recruit-rules

The main change seems to be that 48 may choose to give a 10e voucher for non 48 services instead of credit, they don't specify what the voucher can be spent on.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

There's been changes to the recruit scheme since Monday 16th...
    https://48.ie/legal/recruit-rules

The main change seems to be that 48 may choose to give a 10e voucher for non 48 services instead of credit, they don't specify what the voucher can be spent on.

Maybe they are reading boards.ie and don't like people publicly giving their recruit links.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭lighthouse

I have 2 48 SIMs. One in my dual SIM phone, the other I'm testing in a phone with the hotspot on.
    When I do a Speedtest with Ookla the LTE for the SIM in the phone says 48, for the one picking up the WiFi from my other phone says 3.
    Both download speeds are comparable but the upload speed is consistently above 10Mbs picking up the WiFi from my other phone (with the 48 SIM in it) while the upload speed from my phone just using the SIM is just over 1Mbs.
    Strange.

i hope there reading this i got an acknowledgement they credited it to my account and the person who topped up,

No 48 it didnt happen you didn,t send it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

So does anyone know how to update the SMS settings for 48 on an iPhone 7 ios 14.1?

I keep receiving messages from a UK numbers hours later and all at once, then some times they come through normally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,084 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

PCros wrote: »
    So does anyone know how to update the SMS settings for 48 on an iPhone 7 ios 14.1?

I keep receiving messages from a UK numbers hours later and all at once, then some times they come through normally.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/Data-APN-Settings-i-e-Internet-amp-MMS-Settings/ta-p/53106

Advertisement