Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

jarvis wrote: »
    In our house we have 5 phones on this deal. When I try pay for membership it fails. Can I not use one card for all the phones?

Strange that. I’m paying for my mam and my dad using that same card. You have individual logins for the 5 phones?

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had the WORST support experience with these guys yesterday. Started a port at 8 am yesterday. All seemed ok, until I realised I couldn't make calls. Bit of an issue, as it's my mother in laws phone. Did all the usual checks, other phone etc. When I tried to make a call to a mobile, I was told my membership was expired, time to buy a new one. But I had two weeks left according to the site. Eventually got onto chat (had to use edge browser for some reason), and there the fun began.

Me: Can't make calls?
    Them: Your internet isn't working?
    Me: No, I can't make calls. Can receive them, but can't make them. (Gave them the message)
    Them: Is the sim in the phone?
    Me:...Yes. I told you I can receive calls. Yes the sim is in the phone.
    Them: Can you check your APN settings?
    Me: It's phone calls, I'm having trouble with! Not the internet!

That was an abridged summary. I was told it would be escalated, and I'd hear back in 3-5 working days.

Randomly started working around 6 pm.

Note: I used to do tech support. I even used to do phone support, so I am quite patient. But these guys took the biscuit!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭kisugem

What happens if you exceed 100gb. I would use that in about 2 weeks.

And for some reason their data counter is much faster than any other network I’ve been using to date, so you’d expect to use that 100GB up in 5 days or so.

Honestly the counter seems dodgy...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Good to see them using compostable packaging

534920.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18 warrensworld2

L'prof wrote: »
    Have you purchased credit?

Yes all topped up, looking back big mistake moving. Unfortunately I have no confidence in it being fixed anytime soon. Normally 3 to 5 days. The right person could fix in a few minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

Yes all topped up, looking back big mistake moving. Unfortunately I have no confidence in it being fixed anytime soon. Normally 3 to 5 days. The right person could fix in a few minutes.

just ported from 48 to postmobile went into the post office and they did for me in a few minutes ten minutes later on postmobile free calls free data free texts for a month wen u bring your number over to postmobile good signal as they use the vodafone network as the 48 network was not working right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

just ported from 48 to postmobile went into the post office and they did for me in a few minutes ten minutes later on postmobile free calls free data free texts for a month wen u bring your number over to postmobile good signal as they use the vodafone network as the 48 network was not working right

From Postmobile:
    Fair Usage policy applies (50GB Data, 3000 mins and texts p/mth).]

I can't receive any calls since moving over to 48.

Please be aware that we are experiencing higher volumes than usual due to current events and as such we will endeavour to provide a response to your query within 7 working days.

In the meantime, why not take control of your query and check out our 48 Community where we’ve lots of information available on our new memberships, managing your account and much more.

Thank you for your understanding and we apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Kind Regards,
    48 Care Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

To be fair, pm is solid. The 50Gb limit suits a lot of people and I have found it far more stable and reliable than three or eir network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So I had to go to my network settings and register on " 3 IRL " to get 4G. Fine, I just hope it doesn't filp back to Tesco Mobile when one reboots or randomly.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    So I had to go to my network settings and register on " 3 IRL " to get 4G. Fine, I just hope it doesn't filp back to Tesco Mobile when one reboots or randomly.

tesco piggybacks off the 3 network and 48 piggybacks off tesco mobile

TheDriver wrote: »
    To be fair, pm is solid. The 50Gb limit suits a lot of people and I have found it far more stable and reliable than three or eir network.
    its oright getting postmobile for free for a month and good signal

tesco piggybacks off the 3 network and 48 piggybacks off tesco mobile

Yes I can see that now. The APN 48 uses is 48Months.liffeytelecom.com, Tesco's is Tesco.liffeytelecom.com.

I though they lied when they said they use the 3 network because the APN settings don't reflect that, it suggest they use the Tesco network, but since I've successfully registered on "3 IRL" then they do indeed use 3. Which I need for 4G otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

Not sure if I'll swap over my main number just yet. I hope there isn't a time limit for that as I wish to test it out over some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Anyone have issues setting up 48 on an iphone, trying to set up for my daughter but it's not picking up the Sim just getting 'no service'

Sounds like the phone is locked. Try another phone.

Yes I can see that now. The APN 48 uses is 48Months.liffeytelecom.com, Tesco's is Tesco.liffeytelecom.com.

I though they lied when they said they use the 3 network because the APN settings don't reflect that, it suggest they use the Tesco network, but since I've successfully registered on "3 IRL" then they do indeed use 3. Which I need for 4G otherwise I wouldn't consider it.

Not sure if I'll swap over my main number just yet. I hope there isn't a time limit for that as I wish to test it out over some time.

They use the three network. Tesco don't have a network.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

1GB free data is valid for 7 days iirc.

New sim let's me do everything except receive calls.

Old sim receiving call only.

🀣

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

New sim let's me do everything except receive calls.

Old sim receiving call only.

🀣

The port hasn't happened so. Your 48 sim still has the 089 number active on it by the sounds of it.

They use the three network. Tesco don't have a network.

Three use the O2 network

So 48 uses both the O2 and the 3 Network.

• Advertisement

Three use the O2 network

There is no O2 network.

Three use the O2 network

there no 02 now in republic of ireland as three bought them out including all the masts etc its that tesco mobile had all contracts with 02 in which three had to honour them

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

Anyone have issues setting up 48 on an iphone, trying to set up for my daughter but it's not picking up the Sim just getting 'no service'

Spent last hour on this, updated the IoS, made sure she was logged into her account but anytime I reboot the phone I can make a call or receive one, but nothing afymter that until I reboot phone again. IPhone 6

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

Hi, kicked off a port yesterday and got texts from Vodafone and 48 within about 30 mins saying the port was complete, but it doesn't seem that it is done yet. Presuming its still in progress, but curious whether folks got another confirmation text or email (as they outline in the porting FAQ) once their number was actually ported?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭tina1040

Hi, kicked off a port yesterday and got texts from Vodafone and 48 within about 30 mins saying the port was complete, but it doesn't seem that it is done yet. Presuming its still in progress, but curious whether folks got another confirmation text or email (as they outline in the porting FAQ) once their number was actually ported?
    The 48 Live Chat would be the best place to look for help with this as they will be able to see the status and help you with phone settings etc. They are usually very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,047 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I think the main problem is just porting. I received my SIM, registered it, opting for a new number, paid for a month, set up the APN and I was up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ImportMeHappy

tina1040 wrote: »
    The 48 Live Chat would be the best place to look for help with this as they will be able to see the status and help you with phone settings etc. They are usually very good.

Thanks, I got on to them and was sorted in 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

Apologies if asked already but I am trying to ring an 1890 number - is there a way to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

BlondeBomb wrote: »
    Apologies if asked already but I am trying to ring an 1890 number - is there a way to do this?

According to this it counts as landline minutes so you should be able to just ring it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭BlondeBomb

CorEire wrote: »
    According to this it counts as landline minutes so you should be able to just ring it.

I thought that but it’s just beeping as if it won’t connect

Advertisement