Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

DopeTech wrote: »
    I queried my latest referral as I got the email but not the credit applied. They wanted me to tell them lots of details about the person who used the referral so I had to leave it. We might need to rethink the referral links thread and go pm instead to exchange details.
    can.t see the referra credit thing lasting with free credit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

can.t see the referra credit thing lasting with free credit

I was thinking the same but if they were planning on getting rid they would have recently. Instead they revamped the site a little and sent out an email promoting it again.

They might clamp down on people sharing links online though. Can't really blame them I guess. Either way time will tell I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

I queried my latest referral as I got the email but not the credit applied. They wanted me to tell them lots of details about the person who used the referral so I had to leave it. We might need to rethink the referral links thread and go pm instead to exchange details.
    I had all details of 24th November recruitee, and they confirmed and gave me ticket number for reference, still waiting, 🙈🀷*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

I was thinking the same but if they were planning on getting rid they would have recently. Instead they revamped the site a little and sent out an email promoting it again.

They might clamp down on people sharing links online though. Can't really blame them I guess. Either way time will tell I guess.

how many people is using these referral links even the same name if keeps cropping up that's why there asking for details about them

how many people is using these referral links even the same name if keeps cropping up that's why there asking for details about them

This person hadn't used it before but it could be because it was the 2nd one that day. The first one I got the credit for, then the next one a few hours later I didn't. I'll see what happens the next time I get one. I see 2 people are registered as pending on mine for the last few days so I'll see when either of those buy their membership if I get anything or not. If they need name, email address, phone number of the person who used it then we'd need to start using private massages to refer people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

This person hadn't used it before but it could be because it was the 2nd one that day. The first one I got the credit for, then the next one a few hours later I didn't. I'll see what happens the next time I get one. I see 2 people are registered as pending on mine for the last few days so I'll see when either of those buy their membership if I get anything or not. If they need name, email address, phone number of the person who used it then we'd need to start using private massages to refer people.

Their live chat seems to have disappeared last few days, must be snowed under, with people not getting referral credit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

How long does it take to transfer your number. I know ppl are having issues but is that one of them? The last time I did that it would take a few hours but no more than a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

beachhead wrote: »
    48 online chat do not understand issues like yours.My auto renew is off but service continues each month for me.When I ask to have it sorted I'm told there is no problem.Someone is paying my account.Nothing is being taken from my bank accountThey don't care as long as money is coming from somewhere.

That's mad! I'll be on to their support again. What they're doing right now is theft.

I'll have to block the payments to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Being owned by Three, do they have the adult filter on by default?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭KilOit

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Being owned by Three, do they have the adult filter on by default?

They are pro fab by default

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭SPAWKER

Probably been asked before a hundred times but will the 48 SIM card work in a locked 3 phone ?

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Probably been asked before a hundred times but will the 48 SIM card work in a locked 3 phone ?

No you need to get them unlocked first. What phone have you got? Most can be unlocked on eBay for a few euro if asking 3 is an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

KilOit wrote: »
    They are pro fab by default
    Sorry?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭KilOit

Heighway61 wrote: »
    Sorry?

Beating the Bishop/flicking the bean enabled right away

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

SPAWKER wrote: »
    Not in a phone locked to 3 but it will work in a phone locked to Tesco Mobile.

I tried to download LEGAL software from a torrent site last night and my data connection stopped immediately. It came back in 20 minutes. I tried again later and the same thing happened again.

I have 2 48 sims and the other didn't disconnect at all. Which is very odd.

There may be some reason for this on my end rather than how it looks i.e. some kind of block on torrents, I haven't investigated it yet.

No you need to get them unlocked first. What phone have you got? Most can be unlocked on eBay for a few euro if asking 3 is an issue.

It's a Samsung A5 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭gipi

I'm relieved to see that it's not just me having referral credit problems.

I was with 48 before they introduced the 7.99 offer. I switched earlier this week, took my number with me, and switched back today, now on the cheap offer. I had used a referral link from a mate, but neither of us got any credit.

I've been on to CS who are looking into it.....

When I first joined, there was 70c credit on my account, which could be used for foreign texts, etc.

I didn't get that on my new account either, but maybe that wasn't supposed to happen in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

AllForIt wrote: »
    How long does it take to transfer your number. I know ppl are having issues but is that one of them? The last time I did that it would take a few hours but no more than a day.

I submitted a port request from PostMobile last night, ignoring their request to submit ports during working hours. I got an email first thing saying that the port had been rejected because some of the details were wrong.

I double-checked the details with PostMobile, and all seemed correct. I got onto the 48 chat, and they submitted the port request for me. It went through fine in a couple of hours. Set up the new APN and I'm flying, getting faster times on my 48 SIM than with my 3 SIM on my work phone.
    Their live chat seems to have disappeared last few days, must be snowed under, with people not getting referral credit!!

I was on twice today, and got through to a chat agent in a minute or two.

I did have a problem trying to order SIMs using my referral link for people who had old 48Months accounts. Still haven't quite got to the end of that.

• Advertisement

I submitted a port request from PostMobile last night, ignoring their request to submit ports during working hours. I got an email first thing saying that the port had been rejected because some of the details were wrong.

I double-checked the details with PostMobile, and all seemed correct. I got onto the 48 chat, and they submitted the port request for me. It went through fine in a couple of hours. Set up the new APN and I'm flying, getting faster times on my 48 SIM than with my 3 SIM on my work phone.

Thanks.

My issue is that it is working generally the same as 3 but sometimes it's cutting out altogether, like no telephone signal at all. Mind you I've had that happen on 3 and perhaps it's just a case of teething problems.

Thanks for that will give it a go on Monday as they don't send codes at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Can you have more than one 48.ie €7.99 SIM on the same credit card / account?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

gooner99 wrote: »
    Can you have more than one 48.ie €7.99 SIM on the same credit card / account?

Same credit card, yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭gooner99

Thanks. So you can use the same credit card for multiple Sims, but would need different email addresses / accounts to get more Sims?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭WestWicklow1

gooner99 wrote: »
    Thanks. So you can use the same credit card for multiple Sims, but would need different email addresses / accounts to get more Sims?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

I have a new number with 48.ie , paid the 7.99, got an e-mail from them saying everything set up . I can't get data or phone use! I wonder if one of you knowledgeable people could help?

KB22 wrote: »
    I have a new number with 48.ie , paid the 7.99, got an e-mail from them saying everything set up . I can't get data or phone use! I wonder if one of you knowledgeable people could help?

Does the phone pick up the network or does it say No service? Restart the phone and then enter the apn settings manually. You'll find them if you search the thread. What happens if someone tries to call the 089 number on your sim? What happens when you try call someone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i know of two people who registered got free 1gb never topped up but then few weeks after Number disconnected

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,653 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Anyone know if international texts are barred on this sim plan? Had my card blocked by Ulster Bank while trying to top up Revelut but now UB are asking me to reply to an English 44 number but the text constantly wont send

Advertisement