Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Does anyone know if 48 is a 5g service? I grabbed a Pixel 4a 5g the other day and returned speeds in excess of 200mb down but speedtest reported it being LTE.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

ibFoxer wrote: »
    Does anyone know if 48 is a 5g service? I grabbed a Pixel 4a 5g the other day and returned speeds in excess of 200mb down but speedtest reported it being LTE.

no 5g as far as im aware

bassy wrote: »
    no 5g as far as im aware

How can I explain the speeds then? I didn't think it was possible to hit that type of speed on 4g?

How can I explain the speeds then? I didn't think it was possible to hit that type of speed on 4g?

you should be greatful for the speeds your getting,im in a rural spot lucky to get 3mb down lol.while vodafone here is over 20mbs down.

bassy wrote: »
    you should be greatful for the speeds your getting,im in a ruarl spot lucky to get 3mb down lol.while vodafone here is over 20mbs down.

I'm in no way being ungrateful, I'm looking for an answer to a puzzling question. If it is 4g only, then while it has a theoretical speed of up to 300mb the reality is closer to 100mb. The phone itself lists LTE as the data connection, so that is why I am wondering is there some kind of spectrum voodoo in play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Im on postmobile and got 170Mb down one day

I'm in no way being ungrateful, I'm looking for an answer to a puzzling question. If it is 4g only, then while it has a theoretical speed of up to 300mb the reality is closer to 100mb. The phone itself lists LTE as the data connection, so that is why I am wondering is there some kind of spectrum voodoo in play.

i do not know TBH,but as far as im aware there is no 5g on 48 network.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Im on postmobile and got 170Mb down one day

I have had it over a succession of days, at different times. I find it odd, but I'm certainly not going to complain about it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Anyone know if international texts are barred on this sim plan? Had my card blocked by Ulster Bank while trying to top up Revelut but now UB are asking me to reply to an English 44 number but the text constantly wont send

Would you not need credit to text Intl.?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

I have had it over a succession of days, at different times. I find it odd, but I'm certainly not going to complain about it :p

It's 4G+, or 4G with Carrier aggregation, I'm on Three (same network) and get over 300Mb at times.
    Theoretical highs on multiple CA can go to 1.5Gb with 256QAM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Would you not need credit to text Intl.?

Im not sure, I had a look at their website and it doesnt seem to say or how you can buy an add on for international texts. Checked the message centre number and it is correct so not sure why it wont send. Will get on to support in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Sonic the Shaghog

Im not sure, I had a look at their website and it doesnt seem to say or how you can buy an add on for international texts. Checked the message centre number and it is correct so not sure why it wont send. Will get on to support in the morning

I had this with them years ago for iMessage which needed text UK server

Add credit to your account for texts like your bank it will work then guaranteed

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

U need to add credit, to cover anything outside of your membership, ie international texts, calls, etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

i know of two people who registered got free 1gb never topped up but then few weeks after Number disconnected

Is the number displayed in my48?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Moyglish

Thinking of joining 48 today, so if anyone has a referral code that they would like me to use, feel free to PM :)

Anyone ordered a SIM lately, what are the delivery times like at present?

Is the 100GB FUP a hard limit, do they throttle once you reach this?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

Moyglish wrote: »
    Thinking of joining 48 today, so if anyone has a referral code that they would like me to use, feel free to PM :)

100GB is a hard limit. You can get 3GB extra though by exchanging 300 minutes of your unlimited minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

DopeTech wrote: »
    Does the phone pick up the network or does it say No service? Restart the phone and then enter the apn settings manually. You'll find them if you search the thread. What happens if someone tries to call the 089 number on your sim? What happens when you try call someone?

Hi DopeTech , I have entered the apn . It says network not available. If I ring 089 number I get the number unobtainable sound. Odd thing is, it has full bars showing on the screen! Thank's for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

KB22 wrote: »
    Hi DopeTech , I have entered the apn . It says network not available. If I ring 089 number I get the number unobtainable sound. Odd thing is, it has full bars showing on the screen! Thank's for your reply.

Have you another phone to try the sim in?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,652 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Moyglish wrote: »

My first sim arrived very quick, about 3 days but Im waiting almost 3 weeks on the second one now. Must get on to them to see whats happening

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

DopeTech wrote: »
    Have you another phone to try the sim in?
    I did what you said yesterday no joy. I turned the phone on a while ago, it is working fine! I still have a tesco set up , the 48.ie is showing more bars and much higher readings on a speed check. Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

I submitted a port request from PostMobile last night, ignoring their request to submit ports during working hours. I got an email first thing saying that the port had been rejected because some of the details were wrong.

Update: Took 10 minutes to transfer using their number change facility on the 48.ie website - to my big surprise. Was expecting to be a couple of hours at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭AllForIt

My first sim arrived very quick, about 3 days but Im waiting almost 3 weeks on the second one now. Must get on to them to see whats happening

My first one took over 2 weeks but my second one which I had sent to my parents home took 2 days if you exclude the weekend days which would make it about 4 days. That was just last week that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Anyone getting recruiter credit at the moment? I have only recruited 2 people so far and received credit and a free month for just one. The second person got no free month and I obtained no recruiter credit at all for them.

I've queried it twice on webchat and been assured it would be sorted within 7-10 days and I'd be emailed a response. No such luck!

Have they just stopped giving the recruiter rewards and the free month?

Also, a heads-up for people contacting their webchat. You can click on the + sign to obtain an email transcript of the chat but neither time have I obtained this. Luckily, I copied it myself, not that it seems there's much point.

The gist of the terms since 16 November is that the reward is at their discretion and that they choose between credit or a voucher. That seems to indicate that they have decided they were giving away too much credit and it'll be mostly vouchers from now on.

If reward credit was due before 16 Nov then it may be worth pursuing, if it was afterwards it's probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Ten Pin wrote: »
    The gist of the terms since 16 November is that the reward is at their discretion and that they choose between credit or a voucher. That seems to indicate that they have decided they were giving away too much credit and it'll be mostly vouchers from now on.

If reward credit was due before 16 Nov then it may be worth pursuing, if it was afterwards it's probably not.

Thanks, I suspect that I'm out of luck so.

It would seem that those still offering referrals are on a losing wicket. I can understand those with huge multiples of referrals being used, but only 1 and a possible second is a bit draconian.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Anyone getting recruiter credit at the moment? I have only recruited 2 people so far and received credit and a free month for just one. The second person got no free month and I obtained no recruiter credit at all for them.

I've queried it twice on webchat and been assured it would be sorted within 7-10 days and I'd be emailed a response. No such luck!

Also, a heads-up for people contacting their webchat. You can click on the + sign to obtain an email transcript of the chat but neither time have I obtained this. Luckily, I copied it myself, not that it seems there's much point.

Same. Waiting on credit for 2 recruits, 24th November and 1st December, on.live chat twice and assured I'd get it and given ticket no for reference on 26th November, still nothing forthcoming,

• Registered Users Posts: 14 DAK69

Me and my Wife joined the network a few months back. We are changing back to 3. LTE(4g) speeds were great when I tested it at the start and held up grand. But the last 2 months speeds are so slow and pretty much unusable at times. Constantly having to turn on and off my mobile to get the internet to work at all. Wife has the same issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Heighway61

Want to get a membership for my young son. Can adult content filtering be requested on the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭gooduse

Hello,

Do you know the roamingpartners in Germany France and the UK?

• Advertisement

200px-Five_lamps_North_Strand_1.jpg

Advertisement