Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Phil69

Buffman wrote: »
    48 is on the 3 network so coverage should be similar, speeds might not be.
    Personally I'd try 48 now before the €7.99 offer expires and if you're not happy with it you can switch to GOMO later.

Thanks, we have 5 phones in the house so not sure if worth moving them all over before the offer expires altho may try with one that is due to run out. I think it sounds likely it could too slow tho, but worth a shot like you say. Thanks

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Phil69 wrote: »
    Thanks, we have 5 phones in the house so not sure if worth moving them all over before the offer expires altho may try with one that is due to run out. I think it sounds likely it could too slow tho, but worth a shot like you say. Thanks
    Offer runs until at least 1st February so plenty of time to test 48 before you need to commit.

Quackster wrote: »
    Offer runs until at least 1st February so plenty of time to test 48 before you need to commit.
    Thanks, I thought the offer ended 5th January.

Yeah, they've extended it twice now.

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I am trying to order 5 sim cards for the family but it seems I need to use 5 different email addresses? Can I not order off same email address or do I need to set up email address for each one? Thanks again for you help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Thanks for your help.

BTW, I am trying to order 5 sim cards for the family but it seems I need to use 5 different email addresses? Can I not order off same email address or do I need to set up email address for each one? Thanks again for you help.

Every number needs a different email.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Daibheid

DopeTech wrote: »
    Every number needs a different email.

You can order the SIMS off one account but when activating each will need an individual account/email

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can order the SIMS off one account but when activating each will need an individual account/email

AFAIK ordering multiple SIM's from one account at once isn't possible any more.

Each recruit SIM needs a separate email when ordering.

Thanks for your help.

Best order one SIM first and then when that's set up, order the other four as recruitee SIMs from the first SIM (so you get the full benefit of both the recruiter and recruitee free credit).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

I'd like to say, thanks to the poster who let us know that you can use a Tesco mobile phone with a 48 sim without having to request an unblock code... Can Eir phones be used without having to unblock?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I'd like to say, thanks to the poster who let us know that you can use a Tesco mobile phone with a 48 sim without having to request an unblock code... Can Eir phones be used without having to unblock?

A locked Eir handset will work with a gomo sim, but not with 48 or Post mobile unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,319 ✭✭✭✭blade1

As above, Gomo works on an Eir phone and 48 on a Tesco.
    I have both and have good reception on both.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

I am using this package but Cannot access Ulsterbank anytime banking via mobile browser. Anyone else have this issue?

I am using this package but Cannot access Ulsterbank anytime banking via mobile browser. Anyone else have this issue?

What phone? What browser? Have you tried a different browser? What error does it give? Is your phone rooted? Does the mobile app work?

DopeTech wrote: »
    What phone? What browser? Have you tried a different browser? What error does it give? Is your phone rooted? Does the mobile app work?

Several phones of various makes. All sim unlocked and using the correct APN settings.

Tried 3 different browsers. All the same.

Apparently the mobile app may work but I do not wish to use the mobile app I want to access it through a browser. Other networks allow this. I shouldn't have to use the app just to make it work on the 48 network.

It just instantly goes to "this site cannot be reached".

No problem loading Ulsterbank here, on 48, on all browsers (android) except Opera.

Have you tried incognito and / or desktop mode? Cleared cache and cookies? Does it work on a PC?

There were occasions when it hasn't worked on any browser but was fine a few hours later.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    No problem loading Ulsterbank here, on 48, on all browsers (android) except Opera.

Have you tried incognito and / or desktop mode? Cleared cache and cookies? Does it work on a PC?

There were occasions when it hasn't worked on any browser but was fine a few hours later.

Haven't tried incognito mode no. I must try that.

I have cleared the cache and cookies. I've tried it on a PC using the phone as a hotspot and it's the same thing.

Thanks for the insight.

Haven't tried incognito mode no. I must try that.

I have cleared the cache and cookies. I've tried it on a PC using the phone as a hotspot and it's the same thing.

Thanks for the insight.

I'm not with Ulster bank but I see what you mean now.

https://www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie/default.aspx

This won't load when using 48 unless you use a vpn so it looks like UB don't like the way 48 is routing traffic or something. Would need to log that with 48 support. Enough people would use Ulster bank so they will probably fix it.

Several phones of various makes. All sim unlocked and using the correct APN settings.

Are there any entries in the PROXY and / or PORT field of the APN?

If there are, then try creating a new APN with just NAME, APN, MCC and MNC filled....

Name 48
    APN 48months.liffeytelecom.com
    MCC 272
    MNC 11

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

According to https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details:
    This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link https://48.ie/activate-sim) and purchase a 100GB membership between the 8th September 2020 and the 5th January 2021 (Offer Period). If your first 100GB membership purchase is during the Offer Period, you can continue to purchase this 100GB membership until such time as you leave the 48 service.

From my reading of this, first purchases made after 5th Jan 2021 don't guarantee the offer price going forward.

• Advertisement

Fnz wrote: »
    According to https://48.ie/legal/price-plan-details:

From my reading of this, first purchases made after 5th Jan 2021 don't guarantee the offer price going forward.

They just forgot to update that page. Buy a membership before Feb 1st and you'll get the deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

sugarman wrote: »
    Is this a PAYG offer? ...and do you HAVE to buy a "membership" each month? Considering switching but I find their wording of terms a little confusing.

If it's €7.99 a month PAYG, non recurring, then it's a no brainer for me. Paying €20 with 3 for the same thing.

Yes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 124 ✭✭Treseemme.

Yes to which, that it's a PAYG offer? ...and, that you HAVE to buy a membership each month?

Both

Yes to which, that it's a PAYG offer? ...and, that you HAVE to buy a membership each month?

48 is PAYG

You can skip up to 6 months without buying membership.
    What if I don’t buy membership every month will I lose the 7.99 offer?

No we don’t roll like that, if you fancy a break from buying membership then you're free to take one. However if you don’t add membership for 6 months consecutively then you are at risk of your account going into suspension and after a further 6 months of inactivity the account will be deactivated due to non-use.

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-7-99-Promo-Offer/ta-p/53417

Perfect, thanks.

Same as 3 so, off to order a sim.

Without an active membership you can't use any left over credit though as far as I know so you'd need to keep an active membership for best results.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I completed a recruiter sign up today for a friend using my own referral and even got the email saying we’ve credited your account etc but they haven’t credit myself or the person who followed my link. Should this not be added immediately or is there normally a delay between the 48 email and when they actually add the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I have received SIM but have not done anything else. What do I have to do to keep offer? (Not sure when I will switch)

I have received SIM but have not done anything else. What do I have to do to keep offer? (Not sure when I will switch)

Activate the SIM and buy the 7.99 membership before end of January.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭zeebre12

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Activate the SIM and buy the 7.99 membership before end of January.

I thought the offer was over on the 5th of January?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭bassy

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I thought the offer was over on the 5th of January?

offer was extended

Advertisement