Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

beachhead wrote: »
    They are not sending SMS from the ROI.They are coming from India.After midnight here is when the call centres there open for business.

Why do you think the SMS is coming from India!?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

spakman wrote: »
    Why do you think the SMS is coming from India!?

three is using customer care after 8 pm from india as 48 is owned by three there most likely using it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Quick one for the iPhone people

In my imesssge it’s only showing an 089 number but calls coming in and out from my 087 number. I had membership and extra €1 credit when I ported

Any ideas on how to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Now I’m getting LTE where it should say 3G or 4G
    Not sure why

• Registered Users Posts: 6,789 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Now I’m getting LTE where it should say 3G or 4G
    Not sure why

Lte is 4g

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭jdon72

DopeTech wrote: »
    Lte is 4g

Does anyone know why 48's 4G shows up as LTE on iPhones?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭KB22

jdon72 wrote: »

Hi, 4G and Lite are the same! I think they do this just to

confuse people!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,540 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jdon72 wrote: »

I haver an Iphone,
    It shows 4g at times and LTE at other times, then could show 3g when the signal is weak.
    As far as I am aware LTE is the strongest 4g signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

beachhead wrote: »
    The majority of companies in the IT field begin data dumps,upgrades,etc after midnight.Supposedly traffic is low then with low costs hence your SMS

There's zero reason they couldn't actually send the messages in the morning. Which they presumably do with the message they send a couple of days earlier saying the membership will renew, which comes at differing times but shortly after 10am

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭CtrlAltDelete

HorseSea wrote: »
    Disagree entirely, they are operating in ROI so why issue SMS at 2am - what's wrong with normal times. I need my phone on for emergencies and should not have to DND or Flightmode because some lazy a***hole can't schedule messages. Anyway, I don't need a message to tell me what I signed up to is going to renew, thankfully everything else I pay for does not send useless messages and even more useless messages telling me that they did what they said in the first message. FFS, it's crazy.

Define "normal". I worked night shift for 27 years. 2am.. middle of the day! Don't be a grump and mute the notifications. Simple really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I’ve a small business currently paying €30 a month with Three. Would anyone see it as a risk moving to 48? Not massive phone user but depend on it at times more so in non lockdown scenarios.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Qprmeath wrote: »
    I’ve a small business currently paying €30 a month with Three. Would anyone see it as a risk moving to 48? Not massive phone user but depend on it at times more so in non lockdown scenarios.

Mine is a business phone, which is why I stuck with Vodafone for so long - I was always afraid I'd be taking a risk moving to a low cost provider. I pretty much never used the Vodafone customer service I was paying over the odds for, so that made up my mind to move. I tested the 48 service for a week or so before I swapped my number over to make sure it worked for me. No problems so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,211 ✭✭✭pgj2015

im in the same position, moved to 48 from eir a few weeks ago.im having teething issues with 48, may or may not stay with them.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,774 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Got an email from 48 yesterday re a SIM I had activated before February 2nd but for which I hadn't bought a plan. One can still avail of the €7.99 rate as long as the first membership is bought within 180 days of SIM activation.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭RandRuns

Quackster wrote: »
    Got an email from 48 yesterday re a SIM I had activated before February 2nd but for which I hadn't bought a plan. One can still avail of the €7.99 rate as long as the first membership is bought within 180 days of SIM activation.

Kinda sorry I didn't buy a few more now, plan on putting all company phones on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Treppen

I moved from VM to do an overnight stay with 48 so I could hop back again to VM and get the €5 for 6 months offer.

I'm happy enough with 48 so might just stay for a while just for the sake of €3

VM was pretty much the same offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but one small foil to the 48 membership model is that there to be no way to enter competition numbers via SMS as the membership isn't credit based and there's no way to add funds? Or am I just being dumb?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,601 ✭✭✭Treppen

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Not sure if it has been mentioned before but one small foil to the 48 membership model is that there to be no way to enter competition numbers via SMS as the membership isn't credit based and there's no way to add funds? Or am I just being dumb?

I think it's a good thing , I've saved a fortune on my weekly rants to Pat Kenny and Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭spakman

elfy4eva wrote: »

You can topup your credit, and send premium SMS from that - unless they're blocked by the network altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

They must have had complaints as the wording onscreen suggested that activation was sufficient to avail of the deal but the terms said that membership had to be bought before 1st February
    September 2020 - €7.99 Membership Terms and Conditions​

100GB Membership​

This 100GB membership is only available to new 48 customers who activate their 48 SIM (by inputting activation code found on your sim packaging via the link activate and purchase a 100GB membership before 1st February 2021 (Offer Period)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

You can topup your credit, and send premium SMS from that - unless they're blocked by the network altogether.

Premium SMS are blocked on 48 SIMs.

Premium calls do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CorEire

Anyone been having trouble with dropouts for a few mins lately?
    Every so often I'll get an X through my signal bars and it goes to emergency calls only for a minute or so, then back to normal.

CorEire wrote: »
    Anyone been having trouble with dropouts for a few mins lately?
    Every so often I'll get an X through my signal bars and it goes to emergency calls only for a minute or so, then back to normal.
    This can happen if your handset switches from 4G/3G to the old O2 2G network (and vice versa) which still exists as a separate network.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭zeebre12

I bought a 48 SIM card over a month ago but have done nothing with it yet. Where am I now with this?

do 48 charge you for listening to voicemails?

zeebre12 wrote: »
    I bought a 48 SIM card over a month ago but have done nothing with it yet. Where am I now with this?
    Did you activate it? If you did, you can still sign up to the €7.99 plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Quackster wrote: »

I have a few older 48 sims if anyone wants them. They're recruit sims so you might even get a free month on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭cargen

I have a few older 48 sims if anyone wants them. They're recruit sims so you might even get a free month on them.

Hello Peter I sent you a pm. Happy to take a spare sim if you still have it
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭AwaitYourReply

pgj2015 wrote: »
    do 48 charge you for listening to voicemails?

How much does it cost to use my voicemail?

While in the Republic of Ireland: Calling your Voicemail is Included as part of your "Membership Minutes" so; providing you maintain an active membership then you should have voicemail included.

NOTE:
    If you are Outside the Republic of Ireland please be aware that the following would then apply:

If you’re Within the EU calls to check your voicemail are FREE as these are covered from your call allowance however;

If you're Outside the EU you will be charged at standard roaming prices.

Further advice regarding the use of Voicemail while on 48 network as per below link here:

https://community.48.ie/t5/The-Knowledgebase/How-do-I-use-my-Voicemail/ta-p/244

• Advertisement

has anyone had problems getting missed calls when you turn your phone back on? i never get missed calls when I turn my phone back on, so dont know who has been calling me.

Advertisement