Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ranvir and Hrvy are the ones to beat

Seemed really short tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

No stand out dances tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    Brilliant !! Loved JJ and Amys Charleston

Just watched it now, loved it, think it was a bit undermarked,

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    Just watched it now, loved it, think it was a bit undermarked,

The dance was good, but I thought that the music wasn’t up to scratch. A bit flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Autosport wrote: »
    Hrvy’s dance didn’t do much for me I’m afraid

It was all about Janette. Ideal music for the dance though. It was on a par with Maisy.
    Bill's dance was better than Jamie. Jamie's was awful. Hardly any jive in it and what was in it wasn't great.
    JJ's want great either. The judges marked it correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I though Motsi had more relevant and specific points in her critiques tonight. Usually she's vague and all about the energy but she seemed more precise.

I find it weird because she's such an accomplished dancer that she rarely pulls technical points but they all have their role to play on the panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Loved the opening dance. Great fun.

HRVY was the start of the night. Stunning dance. His shapes, his form, his transitions, timing, he is brilliant.

A lot of average dances in the rest. Thought JJs dance was one dimensional and he couldn't do character. Bill was a bit flat, but better than last week. Jamie wasn't great but it was a terrible song too. Maisey wasn't pushed by gorka.

Ranvir is clearly great in hold and Giovanni has kept her there all season. Hope she gets a jive or Charleston next week to really she if she has range.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Just catching up now. I thought JJ/ Amy’s Charleston was very slow and boring. Loved Ranvir’s VW very simple but danced very well. Great Jive from Maisie. Bill and Oti’s AT was good but not their best dance. Loved, loved loved HRVY’s AS, great dance. Didn’t like the costumes though. Jamie’s Jive wasn’t great, not enough jive moves and his bum was sticking out too much. He looked awkward.

I predict Jj and Jamie in the dance off with JJ to go.

Just catching up now. I thought JJ/ Amy’s Charleston was very slow and boring. Loved Ranvir’s VW very simple but danced very well. Great Jive from Maisie. Bill and Oti’s AT was good but not their best dance. Loved, loved loved HRVY’s AS, great dance. Didn’t like the costumes though. Jamie’s Jive wasn’t great, not enough jive moves and his bum was sticking out too much. He looked awkward.

The music choice really doesn't help the dances.
    Phantom of the Opera for an Argentine Tango? Ridiculous
    Music was not great for Ranvir's dance either.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Just caught up now.

Same as that, I thought HRVY and Janette's costumes were awful.
    Jamie is not not the best dancer, but his enthusiasm makes me smile.

• Advertisement

I had absolutely no idea what the female singer was saying in the opening scene

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Absolutely no clue

Phew thought it was my hearing !

your prediction is right so far

JJ AND Jamie .
    I think Jamie should go

JJ was worse in the dance off than he was last night. No energy and very dull/

Jamie saved. Happy to be seeing more of Karen.

Oh . Surprised at that

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Heroditas wrote: »
    The music choice really doesn't help the dances.
    Phantom of the Opera for an Argentine Tango? Ridiculous
    Music was not great for Ranvir's dance either.

Past the Point of No Return would have been a million times better.

• Advertisement

Well that was a close one. Glad to see JJ gone but I actually thought his dance off was superior. Jamie was appalling in it. No energy whatsoever.
    In terms of popularity I reckon Jamie will be in the dance off next week and will probably be gone.
    That'll give us a great final in my opinion.
    All 4 in it would be good dancers

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I thought JJ was better in the dance off but knew Shirley would save Jamie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I haven't been a fan of JJ throughout but all credit to him for overcoming his difficulties. Hope he inspires others to do similar in future.

2 dances each next week. Can't wait! Lots to look forward to. Bill has to get back on track, HRVY has to maintain standards, Ranvir has to expand her range and Maisy has to push her talents.

Pressure on the dancers too. The furthest Jannette had been. Gorkas choreography was poor this week. Oti has to find Bills strengths again and Giovanni has to let go of Ranvir and dance along side of her.

I haven't been a fan of JJ throughout but all credit to him for overcoming his difficulties. Hope he inspires others to do similar in future.

2 dances each next week. Can't wait! Lots to look forward to. Bill has to get back on track, HRVY has to maintain standards, Ranvir has to expand her range and Maisy has to push her talents.

Pressure on the dancers too. The furthest Jannette had been. Gorkas choreography was poor this week. Oti has to find Bills strengths again and Giovanni has to let go of Ranvir and dance along side of her.

I thought that Jeanette got to the semis with that Eastenders guy? Can’t remember his name.

I thought that Jeanette got to the semis with that Eastenders guy? Can’t remember his name.

Jake? Yep she did.

As for JJ overcoming difficulties, it was nauseating how they went on and on about him being "in the armed forces" and "being a marine". He was in his hole.
    He was in the British equivalent of the FCA. He was a reservist.
    The difference is that the UK sends their weekend soldiers off to war zones.
    Rant over. Too close to Christmas to get upset over stuff like that but I was sick of hearing it every week.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

JJ was the better one, in the dance off, in my opinion.
    I don't think he was a great dancer, but I enjoyed that last performance.

I thought he spoke very well, and he and Amy left with great dignity. I know they all say, friends for life, and I think they probably forget one another five minutes later. But I thought they both came across very sincerely.

Motsi was marginally calmer in her delivery of feedback and seemed to make a bit of an effort, to say something concrete, in some cases, for a change.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

I hated everything about Jamie's dance, the music, the costumes, the choreography - I thought it was all awful. I thought he had very little recognizable jive content and what little there was was stompy and heavy footed. JJ's dance wasn't wonderful either, but I felt it had more content and was better danced than Jamie. Jamie has been in the DO too many times, will be hard to see him progressing beyond next week.

Isn't it funny how a bad outfit can ruin a dance for you, I thought HRVY and Jannette were superb, but their matching outfits didn't work for me. It was hard to follow the footwork and hold at times as they were dressed so similarly!

Yes that was an error by Shirley

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2020-12-06/shirley-ballas-strictly-come-dancing-janette-manrara-hrvy/

Dd they not say that it was the first time that Janette had got to Musicals week not that it was the first time she had got this far?

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

Dd they not say that it was the first time that Janette had got to Musicals week not that it was the first time she had got this far?
    I thought she said QF, but I may have misheard. I don't remember the season with Jake that well. Did they not have a musical week that year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Navy blue wrote: »

Isn't it funny how a bad outfit can ruin a dance for you, I thought HRVY and Jannette were superb, but their matching outfits didn't work for me. It was hard to follow the footwork and hold at times as they were dressed so similarly!

Funny, I thought exactly that about Jamie and Karen's dance - both on the night and then in the dance off I was surprised to see it was Jamie up on the desk and not Karen at the end, I completely lost track of who was who in all the whirling around! I think the height difference between HRVY and Janette helped a lot. But their costumes were very distracting.

I was REALLY disappointed with the Chitty charleston, couldn't resist going back to rewatch Anya and Patrick's one (about twenty times :D), and it was like night and day. Nothing will ever match that one for me!

I was also really disappointed with Bill & Oti's AT - I don't think she's very good at it at all (well, relatively speaking, obv! but think back to Vincent and Flavia..... ahh, them was the days!!!) and it was all a bit slow and just .... odd for me. And I am a HUGE Oti fan!! But that was just not her dance.

A real let-down week for me, but the right two were in the dance-off, it could have been either to go as far as I was concerned - and I suspect Jamie has hit his limits and will be next out.

Advertisement