Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Options

Comments

I see that there were some complaints about the outstanding opening group dance! https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/strictly-come-dancing-viewers-complain-19408302

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Heroditas wrote: »
    Jake? Yep she did.

As for JJ overcoming difficulties, it was nauseating how they went on and on about him being "in the armed forces" and "being a marine". He was in his hole.
    He was in the British equivalent of the FCA. He was a reservist.
    The difference is that the UK sends their weekend soldiers off to war zones.
    Rant over. Too close to Christmas to get upset over stuff like that but I was sick of hearing it every week.

I feel the same about the armed forces too. It's the BBC though, not much is ever going to change.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Navy blue wrote: »
    I thought she said QF, but I may have misheard. I don't remember the season with Jake that well. Did they not have a musical week that year?

I'm not 100% certain but somebody definitely mentioned it was her first time doing musicals week. They also mentioned it on It Takes Two during the week.

Karen looks fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Ranvir has improved so much .

• Advertisement

I cannot abide Craig . He ruins every dance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Ranvir is very good in hold, but I can't help think we have seen a very limited range of dances from her.

Bill surprises every time

I hate street normally but she was brilliant

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I cannot abide Craig . He ruins every dance

his comment on maisies dance was just dickish. even when he is being positive he is a dick.

• Advertisement

I’m sick of those two judges being “on their feet”. They should be like Craig and stay neutral.

I hated the boots in that dance

Gio looking like an extra from a Jean Paul Gaultier perfume commercial in that outfit.

Ranvir's foot work very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Ironic it was CandyMan, if she was candy she’d eat herself.

She stomped around there that was awful.

his comment on maisies dance was just dickish. even when he is being positive he is a dick.

I reckon its insecurity . He has no actual experience of competition in ballroom dancing .

Sorry Bill, that music just doesn't suit a tango.

Good effort by the band on Enter Sandman

Happy4all wrote: »

Definitely not

Happy4all wrote: »

couldn't disagree more

• Advertisement

I enjoyed that Tango much more than Marie’s couples choice.

A beautiful waltz

I fear Ranvirs journey is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

That was a fun Charleston, really suited them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I think Ranvir has to go - waltz was basically the same nice safe dance we see most weeks and the jive was terrible.

I'm mixed on Bill. I love Metallica but I think that would have suited a paso better.

The producers want Jamie to go. 2 weeks in a row giving him a rubbish concept and a song no one knows...
    Country does not mix with ballroom.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

That really was a mixed bag last night.
    Maisie was brilliant. I can't stand the couples choice concept but her's was really really good.
    HRVY and Janette - oh dear, the rumba looked like a little boy dancing with his aunt.
    Ranvir's waltz was very nice but her jive was not great at all. Still there was a lot of content in it which is a lot more than could be said for that disgrace of a "quickstep" that Jamie and Karen butchered.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,668 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Ranvir is awful. She was danced to the semi final almost literally hanging onto Giovanni's coat tails and the minute she was out of hold, fell flat. She has to go tonight.

As much as I love Bill, I feel he's plateaued over the past couple of weeks and will be the first to go next week. It'll be down to Maisie and Harvey and I suspect he'll shade it as she just doesn't seem to have the same connection with the voting public. I think she's the better dancer, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Navy blue

I’d love to know the demographic of the voters. If it’s mainly younger people then I think HRVY will win. If it’s an older age group then Bill might just shade it. The best dancer doesn’t always win. HRVY and Bill are neck and neck in the odds to be crowned champion. Maisie is the best dancer, she was fantastic last night. I liked HRVY’s rumba, I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was very unfair that he was the only one to get a rumba this year and at such a late stage. It’s a notoriously difficult dance for the male celebs.

I think Ranvir will go tonight, her jive was hopeless. But i didn’t like either of Jaimie’s dances either. That QS was an abomination, stomping around with his bum sticking out the whole time.

I can’t remember how it goes in the DO tonight, do the couples get to choose which dance they do again or is it automatically the last one they did in the live show? If Ranvir gets to do her waltz again, that might just save her.

Navy blue wrote: »
    I’d love to know the demographic of the voters. If it’s mainly younger people then I think HRVY will win. If it’s an older age group then Bill might just shade it. The best dancer doesn’t always win. HRVY and Bill are neck and neck in the odds to be crowned champion. Maisie is the best dancer, she was fantastic last night. I liked HRVY’s rumba, I thought it was beautiful. I thought it was very unfair that he was the only one to get a rumba this year and at such a late stage. It’s a notoriously difficult dance for the male celebs.

I think Ranvir will go tonight, her jive was hopeless. But i didn’t like either of Jaimie’s dances either. That QS was an abomination, stomping around with his bum sticking out the whole time.

I can’t remember how it goes in the DO tonight, do the couples get to choose which dance they do again or is it automatically the last one they did in the live show? If Ranvir gets to do her waltz again, that might just save her.

I think Hrvy will get the teenage girls votes and the mammies votes...which will probably be enough to win it.

Can't put my finger on why, but, I want anyone but Hrvy to win it. Acknowledge he is very good.

• Advertisement

Johannes and Luba were amazing !

Advertisement