Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,457 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I'm going to miss karen.

Well I wasn't expecting that.

Delighted for Karen

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

I didn’t expect them to save Jamie . He hasnt a hope of winning anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

the right result. Jamie tried a wider range of dances

• Advertisement

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    I didn’t expect them to save Jamie . He hasnt a hope of winning anyway

To be fair neither did Ranvir. My money is on Maisie. She has been the best dancer all the way through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

To be fair neither did Ranvir. My money is on Maisie. She has been the best dancer all the way through.

but it's down to who the public like most.

At least we won't have to suffer Piers Morgan in the audience.

She is definitely good, but how popular is she with the viewers? For me, it’s either Hrvy or Bill to lift the glitterball.

No but its who the public are voting for and Jamie definitely isn’t getting votes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,506 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The two weakest pros (by a distance) in the final

Also - as for that abomination of a pro dance at the beginning. The less said the better.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Who do you consider the weakest pros?

I agree about that pro dance. I don't like much that Jason Gilkison (sp?) does.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Heroditas wrote: »

Also - as for that abomination of a pro dance at the beginning. The less said the better.

I agree about the pro dance . I much prefer a plain ordinary waltz or jive etc
    Jason Gillkason choreography is so dark and moody

Karen is weak in my opinion but who else do you think is weak ?

Karen is weak in my opinion but who else do you think is weak ?

Janette. Her ballroom is awful, as is most of her Latin. She's first and foremost a salsa dancer.
    The standard of pro has plummeted over the last few years.
    Ironically two of the best pros only appeared in the pro dances this season - Neil and Kai!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭atilladehun

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Who do you consider the weakest pros?

I agree about that pro dance. I don't like much that Jason Gilkison (sp?) does.

My guess is
    1. Gorka - he hasn't challenged and guided Maisie in a few dances. Could have pushed her in musicals week for example.

2. Karen - although this was more evident in previous seasons. Shes great in the street stuff, not always the best in ballrooms. Better this year though.

Janette. Her ballroom is awful, as is most of her Latin. She's first and foremost a salsa dancer.
    Ironically two of the best pros only appeared in the pro dances this season - Neil and Kai!
    I cant agree , I think Karen is a great teacher . Oddly enough I can pick Neil out in every pro dance as his posture is awful in my opinion and his dancing is OTT

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

That pro dance tonight was a mess! They’ve been pretty awful this year, but that was by far the worst. I actually FF the last minute which I never normally do. Expected much better in the SF

I cant agree , I think Karen is a great teacher . Oddly enough I can pick Neil out in every pro dance as his posture is awful in my opinion and his dancing is OTT

I know dancers tend to be vain in general but if Neil was chocolate he would eat himself.

I think your telly is upside down. We have very much the opposite opinion.

Some of Jannettes dances over the years have been stunning.

She's dire. That quickstep last night was a prime example. Zero quickstep steps in it bar about 10 seconds.
    Neil and Katya have been multiple world champions. He's so much better than the other male pros, it's embarrassing.
    Regarding his posture, I wouldn't necessarily disagree but I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking "aww c'mon, more of this crap?" when they're practicing these newer pro routines.

• Advertisement

I think so too . I love her ballroom too

She's dire. That quickstep last night was a prime example. Zero quickstep steps in it bar about 10 seconds.
    Neil and Katya have been multiple world champions. He's so much better than the other male pros, it's embarrassing.
    Regarding his posture, I wouldn't necessarily disagree but I wouldn't be surprised if he's thinking "aww c'mon, more of this crap?" when they're practicing these newer pro routines.

He may be a world champion I just don’t like watching him at all . If he doesn’t like the crap he doesn’t have to sign up for Strictly

Janette's dances are all about her. A good pro makes the celebrity look good. She doesn't necessarily do that. There's a reason she hasn't got to the final until this year. She's had some very good celebs in the past but has butchered their chances because she's not technically good enough to get the most out of them.
    On the flip side, her salsa is fantastic and I always look forward to seeing it each year.

He may be a world champion I just don’t like watching him at all . If he doesn’t like the crap he doesn’t have to sign up for Strictly

I'm sure he likes the money

Fair enough, I'll keep an eye out in the future. Might watch back a few from over the years.

Can't criticise Neil for staying in the job. He's an employed dancer, it's a rare thing. I'm sure it's very easy for the producers to gauge how popular a dancer is, hence his reduced role. Perceived personality is a huge aspect of the show as it is in a lot of aspects of performance art. The greatest technical singer/ballet dancer/guitar player may be missing other aspects that stops them connecting with an audience. He may be a great of competitive ballroom but it doesn't make him right for the show.

Looking forward to next week. I think it's the right 4. Won't get too hung up on who wins with the public vote.

I miss the show loads when it's over.

Fair enough, I'll keep an eye out in the future. Might watch back a few from over the years.

Can't criticise Neil for staying in the job. He's an employed dancer, it's a rare thing. I'm sure it's very easy for the producers to gauge how popular a dancer is, hence his reduced role. Perceived personality is a huge aspect of the show as it is in a lot of aspects of performance art. The greatest technical singer/ballet dancer/guitar player may be missing other aspects that stops them connecting with an audience. He may be a great of competitive ballroom but it doesn't make him right for the show.

Looking forward to next week. I think it's the right 4. Won't get too hung up on who wins with the public vote.

I miss the show loads when it's over.

Yeah can't argue with any of that. I would have preferred Ranvir or even Clara to Jamie in the final but he's come across as a lovely guy who's having a great time so, though I can't stand Karen, he's done really well for someone who has never danced before.
    The show has changed over the years to stay relevant. I'm a stickler for sticking to the traditional dances and no props but the Beeb have decided otherwise and at the end of the day it's a light entertainer show.
    I'm really looking forward to next week. The celebs are all likeable people. Imagine if Bill wins though? Gloaty Oti! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I could never really take to Janette. Whenever they were up with Claudia it was always herself and Karen throwing themselves in front of the camera.

But I stumbled on her 'Talk to Janette' you tube videos. She does great behind the scenes videos (in pre covid years) and in lockdown she interviewed the pro dancers individually. She actually comes across as a really nice fun person.

I don't think she has training like the others? She seems to just have been a really good salsa dancer who caught people's eye on So You Think You Can Dance USA. If she never did ballroom she really has adapted really well to the Strictly world.

I was hoping Hrvy wouldn't win because of Janette (shallow I know!). But I've a new appreciation for Janette and it would be nice to see her... I mean Hrvy...lift the trophy :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

So tonight's the night...
    I didn't warm particularly to any of the likely winners. HRVY or Maisie, I'm guessing.

I remember last year, I liked both finalists and didn't mind who won really.

Bill and Oti would be the ones I would like to see win.
    I am not sure that they will though.

So tonight's the night...
    I didn't warm particularly to any of the likely winners. HRVY or Maisie, I'm guessing.

I remember last year, I liked both finalists and didn't mind who won really.

Bill and Oti would be the ones I would like to see win.
    I am not sure that they will though.

I, too would love to see Bill win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Two finals on this evening, All Ireland Football final and SCD. I’ll be watching the football and catch up with SCD tomorrow. Enjoy the show all. I’ll be cheering for Bill & Oti.

#COYBIB

Advertisement