Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

Options

Comments

Great nights entertainment. Any of them would be worthy winners, but I still think Bill will life the glitterball.
    Nicola is as wooden as ever.
    Love Claudias dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I’d say Hrvy will get the popular vote but to be fair I couldn’t call it

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Great nights entertainment. Any of them would be worthy winners, but I still think Bill will life the glitterball.
    Nicola is as wooden as ever.
    Love Claudias dress.

she just moves from position to position. just terrible. And I hate Giovannis hair like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

HRVY has it wrapped up I reckon.

Delighted for Bill and Oti.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Woohoo! I'm delighted! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Woohoooo!!!!!!!!

I’m so happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Delighted. Good on Joe Public!!!

They will have to handicap Oti with a no-hoper next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

Yayyyyyyyyy my faves from the start, would have been happy for Maisie or HRVY as well. Maisie just looked gorgeous tonight especially in her last dance. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Well that was bloody delightful.

Bill and Jamie looked so happy to be there at the end whereas you could see Maisie and Hrvy were stern and waiting for it. No slight on them they’d have expected to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

They will have to handicap Oti with a no-hoper next year

I reckon they thought they had this year,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The only thing I didn't like about this year was all the CGI special-effects on the dance floor. They looked quite tacky and just distracted you from the dancers.
    I hope this is the first and last time they use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A fantastic show tonight . Thrilled for Bill he really surprised us all .
    I have it recorded to watch again and all the little bits I missed

• Registered Users Posts: 29,256 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I reckon they thought they had this year,

This! She's really come into her own as a teacher and choreographer this last couple of years. Delighted for her!

The only thing I didn't like about this year was all the CGI special-effects on the dance floor. They looked quite tacky and just distracted you from the dancers.
    This also - it's annoyed me the whole series, especially when they do a 3D floor - I spend more time obsessing about how it's done than looking at the dancing!

Can't argue with Bill as winner - what with him being 55 (did you know he was 55?? it might have been mentioned once or twice....) and having gone on the biggest journey of them all. And in fairness he was brilliant. For a 55-year old.

But I really thought Maisie had it in the bag. She was head and shoulders above them all in talent and skill, and she really grew on me throughout the series - what she said about at the start she was terrified had a real ring of truth about it and might account for her spikiness and slight dislikeableness at the start. And she had a fabulous last night - as far as I'm concerned she danced the only actual showdance of the night!

But hats off to Bill, he's some mover!!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Also delighted. I loved Bill and Oti's showdance. I liked all the showdances except HRVY's which didn't flow.

Great show.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 9,476 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Not sure we can say Maisie had it in the bag. She was in the dance off a couple of times so it was highly unlikely she would win it.
    Based on that it was between Bill and HRVY.
    I absolutely loved Bill's showdance. Fireworks and Cirque Du Soleil sort of stuff thrown in :D
    Jamie - not a lot to say really. 3 dances with a bit of jumping around. Disappointing to see in the final.
    Also disappointing to see only 2 ballroom dances in the final. :(

However I thoroughly enjoyed the final. A fitting end to the series and really brought a smile to my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Ugh raging missed it last night and saw who won this morning!
    Obviously I’m delighted but feck it anyway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Really enjoyed the series and the final.

Delighted for Bill, he put in a fantastic performance for the whole series. Absolute hats off. Not only were his dances impressive but also entertaining.

I really enjoyed Maisie, usually I'm not a fan of the ones that have previous dance experience. It I thought she was great.

I was sad for Janette more so than HRVY bit not too much. I think she's been great over the years. They didn't put in a great final though. There's been more deserving winners over the years who haven't got it. It's a different contest almost.

While Jamie wasn't the greatest dancer I think he was the right 4th dancer for the night. Don't think anyone from the previous week's would have been any better.

Fair play to the producers. Great effort this year! Looking forward to next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Odeta

Was working last night and only watched final now. Happy out with the result. Go Bill!!!

Oh lord I’m weeping!!!

Probably the most sincerest speeches from both professional and celeb I think I’ve ever seen

Aw bless them!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well Done to Bill, I wish I had betted on him from the start, did anyone predict he would win from the offset

Totally agree with this! Like a giant elephant? No need for the love of god

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Rfrip wrote: »
    Totally agree with this! Like a giant elephant? No need for the love of god

And Bill had to clarify on Twitter, apparently, after the first show where the elephant appeared, that it wasn't a real elephant :D

And Bill had to clarify on Twitter, apparently, after the first show where the elephant appeared, that it wasn't a real elephant :D

Oh lol that’s funny!!!

Rfrip wrote: »
    Oh lol that’s funny!!!

I think it was in an interview with Rylan, I heard him saying it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,242 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bill the oldest winner?

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Recliner

I absolutely love Bill, but I honestly thought his showdance was dreadful. I really felt he was the weakest of the 4 dancers on the night. I thought HRVY's was by far and away the best showdance. If I had been voting I would definitely have gone for Maisie overall, I thought she was outstanding.
    I never warmed to Jaime, but that was probably because Karen is my least fav pro dancer. TBH, by the end, very hard to choose between them as to who was the pro.
    But I did enjoy the season. Would love to see Anton as a judge. Motsi doesn't annoy me as much as she does some, but that's probably because I fast forward when she's talking.
    Is there a Christmas special this year?

• Advertisement

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/a34834489/bbc-christmas-day-2020-schedule/

Christmas Special, at 16.45 on Christmas Day.

Advertisement