Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strictly Come Dancing 2020

1121314151618»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Navy blue

Recliner wrote: »
    Is there a Christmas special this year?

Did they say towards the end of the show on Saturday that it was a 'best of' program for the Christmas special rather than an actual competition. It's probably not worth the hassle of isolating people, bubbles etc for the sake of one show. I saw on Insta that Gorka was away from Gemma and the baby for 87 days, that's bound to be very tough.

I loved that Maisie danced to a Christmas song. Is it my imagination or did they used to all dance to one Christmas song way back? I think it would add a lovely Christmassy feel to the final if they included more Christmas music

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Recliner

Navy blue wrote: »
    Did they say towards the end of the show on Saturday that it was a 'best of' program for the Christmas special rather than an actual competition. It's probably not worth the hassle of isolating people, bubbles etc for the sake of one show. I saw on Insta that Gorka was away from Gemma and the baby for 87 days, that's bound to be very tough.

I loved that Maisie danced to a Christmas song. Is it my imagination or did they used to all dance to one Christmas song way back? I think it would add a lovely Christmassy feel to the final if they included more Christmas music

I fast forwarded through most of the talking bits. But it would be crazy to isolate people for one show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thought HRVY would walk it, thought Maisie was the best on the night/overall season but still delighted Bill won.

I would take issue with his show dance a little. The start was like the opening to a magic show on BGT, the dancing in the middle was awesome but the end with the guitar was a bit naff.

... I'd have been okay with the guitar as a prop if he'd have done a bit of a dance, shuffle or something (like that guy from AC/DC who use to sort of hop shuffle across the stage) but bill sort of just stood there and strummed a few cords. A bit of an anticlimax if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭hamburgham

Navy blue wrote: »

I absolutely loved Maisie's show dance, though it was streets ahead of all the others, incomparable. Much as I like Jamie, thought his show dance was an embarrassment and I blame Karen for that. I don't think Karen and Janette have the training the others do and it shows. I think most of the other pros have been ballroom dancing since they could walk.

Must be such an anti climax for them when it's all over, it is for me, never mind the participants.

Really think Karen and Jamie would make a good couple.

Was browsing and saw Ranvir and Giovanni's interview on IT Takes Two after they were voted off. It was really awkward. Giovanni was very uncomfortable, something definitely happened, maybe Ranvir made a move and he wasn't interested. I can't blame her. I have no idea at all how you could keep your feelings in check when you're dancing so closely to someone so attractive for weeks and they're probably providing a certain amount of emotional support as well. It's a wonder there aren't more affairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,505 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

hamburgham wrote: »
    I absolutely loved Maisie's show dance, though it was streets ahead of all the others, incomparable. Much as I like Jamie, thought his show dance was an embarrassment and I blame Karen for that. I don't think Karen and Janette have the training the others do and it shows. I think most of the other pros have been ballroom dancing since they could walk.

Must be such an anti climax for them when it's all over, it is for me, never mind the participants.

Really think Karen and Jamie would make a good couple.

Was browsing and saw Ranvir and Giovanni's interview on IT Takes Two after they were voted off. It was really awkward. Giovanni was very uncomfortable, something definitely happened, maybe Ranvir made a move and he wasn't interested. I can't blame her. I have no idea at all how you could keep your feelings in check when you're dancing so closely to someone so attractive for weeks and they're probably providing a certain amount of emotional support as well. It's a wonder there aren't more affairs.

I read that Gio and Ranvir didnt actually get along. the chumminess was just for the cameras

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,295 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Caught up at last, last night. I had only watched the last half hour or so on Saturday.

I fast forwarded through some of the talk bits. I enjoyed Jamie and Bill the most, and listened to them.

Bill was the one I wanted to win, and I was delighted. I thought what he said about 'the show must go on' being applicable to what we are all going through, was very moving, and very sincerely said.

And Oti! So delighted for her to win twice in a row.

Roll on the next series, and well done to everyone involved in bringing the series to us, in the strangest of times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I'm guessing Rylan will step fully into her shoes.
    I quite like him so I'm happy.

I'm guessing Rylan will step fully into her shoes.
    I quite like him so I'm happy.

the writing was on the wall for her as soon as he was brought in. I really liked her and ITT won't be the same without her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Awww, I really like Zoe! Herself and Ian Waite are a great double act.

Having said that, I never watch ITT, so it won't make much difference to me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Jeanette is Rylan's new co-host in ITT. She's retiring from the main show.

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a36688068/strictly-janette-manrara-retires-it-takes-two/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/reality-tv/a36688068/strictly-janette-manrara-retires-it-takes-two/

Yay, I don’t watch ITT so this is great news, did not miss her trying to hog the camera last year, thank you Covid.

Happy to have her on ITT but will miss her as a competitor.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I really liked Zoe as well. Not a fan of Rylan at all.

Jeanette used to always annoy me when herself and Karen used to push each other to get in front of the camera. But then I watched her pre show videos, going around the backstage area etc and she was actually really good. She had a great rapport with everyone and was full of energy. I think she'll be a good replacement for Zoe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭atilladehun

I'll miss her. Some great dances over the years. Maybe she didn't have the full repertoire of others but she could almost levitate in some dances. Great entertainment

I like Rylan. He grew on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,504 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'm another who never watches ITT, but I'll really miss Janette on the show.

I wouldn't be mad about her antics for the camera, but she's the best Latin dancer for my money by quite some distance.

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I'm another who never watches ITT, but I'll really miss Janette on the show.

I wouldn't be mad about her antics for the camera, but she's the best Latin dancer for my money by quite some distance.

Maybe herself the Aljaz are starting a family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

There were rumors that Emily Barker was going to join last year as a professional.I wonder if that'll happen now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,551 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Only one camera hog left to get rid of now!

• Advertisement
Advertisement