Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pension Advisor Virtual/Zoom/Online?

• 01-09-2020 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Im out of the country for the forseeable having left employment in Ireland .

Need to sort my old work pension but cant get back to Dublin/Ireland for a face to face.

Does anyone provide online consultations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

the administrator for your old workplace scheme probably could

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    the administrator for your old workplace scheme probably could

We got made redundant . It was through zurich. They sent me a leaving service options letter and as i expected it is like reading latin .

I need to move the money to another country . I think my days in ireland are done

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    We got made redundant . It was through zurich. They sent me a leaving service options letter and as i expected it is like reading latin .

I need to move the money to another country . I think my days in ireland are done

Zurich will do whatever you ask them to do as long as it's within the relevant legislation.

Strikes me you actually need an advisor for where ever you are now, as there'll need to be a structure to make a transfer payment into.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭TRANQUILLO

Zurich will do whatever you ask them to do as long as it's within the relevant legislation.

Strikes me you actually need an advisor for where ever you are now, as there'll need to be a structure to make a transfer payment into.

after reading a few articles online it suggests to get third party advice as zurich have skin in the game and are incentivised to keep me with them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,738 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

TRANQUILLO wrote: »
    after reading a few articles online it suggests to get third party advice as zurich have skin in the game and are incentivised to keep me with them.

I deal with them daily. Hanging on to your pension fund isn't an issue.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

This. You need someone who is familiar with the situation in your current country and in particular the laws relating to taxes, penalties etc....

One on of the reason people do not move pensions when they are abroad is that a large chunk is usually lost in the process, unless you are living in an EU country and it is classified as a second pillar pension.

Advertisement